Netflix-inside the mind of Aaron Hernandez

7,341 Views | 58 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by PanzerAggie06
rgt99
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Started watching this with the wife. Really interesting to hear all the details of his life. A part of me feels bad for him, but he was also a major thug. What a true waste if talent. He all the skills to be one of the best TEs in the NFL
Decay
AG
NFL's All-Time Best Murderer Team, go.

TE - Hernandez
RB - OJ Simpson
LB - Ray Lewis

Max Power
AG
Don't forget Ray Carruth.
CDub06
AG
Haven't seen this, but there's a pretty good podcast on the subject as well if anyone's looking: "Gladiator" from The Boston Globe.
TheDraw
AG
How do you not delete the footage from your own security cameras?
duck79
AG
CDub06 said:

Haven't seen this, but there's a pretty good podcast on the subject as well if anyone's looking: "Gladiator" from The Boston Globe.

I just finished listening to that yesterday and I thought it was really well done. The final episode discussing CTE was a little much.
rgt99
TheDraw said:

i thought the same exact thing. Its almost like he wanted to get caught. If he wanted to hide the fact that he killed someone, he did a really poor job of hiding the evidence.
Bunk Moreland
CTE had less than zero impact in the shaping and ultimate actions of Aaron Hernandez
Corporal Punishment
AG
Marvin Harrison at WR. A highly underrated murderer (allegedly).
MileHigh Ag
Did not know that about Marvin Harrison.

Add Leonard Little, DE for the Rams to the team.
Some Junkie Cosmonaut
AG
rgt99 said:

TheDraw said:

i thought the same exact thing. Its almost like he wanted to get caught. If he wanted to hide the fact that he killed someone, he did a really poor job of hiding the evidence.

dumb and arrogant is a bad combination.
SgtBarbarossa
Lets pad this out

(TE) Hernandez - first-degree murder
(RB) OJ Simpson - murder (aquitted)
(LB) Ray Lewis - murder (alleged)
(WR) Marvin Harrison - murder (alleged)
(WR) Rae Carruth - conspiring to murder

(DT) Jim Dunaway - wrongful death (murder)
(WR) Tommy Kane - second-degree murder
(DE) Robert Rozier - murder (x7)
(DE) Leonard Little - vehicular manslaughter
(CB) Dwayne Goodrich - vehicular manslaughter
(C) Barret Robbins - attempted murder
(QB) Michael Vick - murder (dogs)
Duncan Idaho
Can Kaepernick play? He killed his career.
johnnyblaze36
AG
Barbarossa said:

Lets pad this out

Add (DT) Josh Brent - intoxication manslaughter
BarKeep_03
AG
Urban Ag
AG
So I saw some sports talk show a number of years ago and Tebow actually really made a funny.

He said that once during halftime, Hernandez told him if he didn't start throwing the ball to him more he would kill him. Tebow was like "I thought he was joking, who knew?"

Bruce Almighty
AG
Lawrence Phillips
SACR
AG
Lewis wasn't accused of murder, his bodyguards shot some people in a fight. It was self-defense. The other guys literally brought knives to a gunfight. Lewis was accused of knowing who did it, and refusing to roll on them.
Rex Racer
AG
Hate to say it, but Darren Lewis would be on that team.

Edit: Looks like it was armed robbery. He shot someone, but I don't think the guy died.
SACR
AG
Rex Racer said:

Hate to say it, but Darren Lewis would be on that team.

Edit: Looks like it was armed robbery. He shot someone, but I don't think the guy died.
Lewis' problems are all drug-related, he never killed anyone.
Bunk Moreland
SACR said:

Lewis wasn't accused of murder, his bodyguards shot some people in a fight. It was self-defense. The other guys literally brought knives to a gunfight. Lewis was accused of knowing who did it, and refusing to roll on them.

Uh...this is wrong at every step. His side of the fight stabbed the 2 guys who died. He was charged with murder and went to trial for murder. During his murder trial, he flipped on the 2 associates to testify at their trials in exchange for a plea deal of obstruction. Also his suit from that night was never found.

And then the 2 dudes were acquitted in the end anyway.

Ray Lewis murdered a dude or 2.
wangus12
AG
Do they ever make documentaries about happy things?
Bunk Moreland
wangus12 said:

Do they ever make documentaries about happy things?

The Battered *******s of Baseball?
Liquid Wrench
If you're in a baseball mood, I really loved "When It Was a Game."
SACR
AG
Bunk Moreland said:

SACR said:

Uh...this is wrong at every step. His side of the fight stabbed the 2 guys who died. He was charged with murder and went to trial for murder. During his murder trial, he flipped on the 2 associates to testify at their trials in exchange for a plea deal of obstruction. Also his suit from that night was never found.

And then the 2 dudes were acquitted in the end anyway.

Ray Lewis murdered a dude or 2.

Now that you mention it, I may have mixed up who had knives and who had guns. Didn't one of Lewis' bodyguards say something like, "Every time they threw a punch, we threw a knife (stabbed them"?

I just remember reading the aftermath, when he was charged with obstruction. I remember reading some details, the belief was that even with his testimony, there wasn't enough proof to convict his bodyguards. So there was no harm in flipping on his friends, everyone would still get off scot free.
Decay
AG
Ray Lewis stashed his shirt, covered in blood, right? Hard to say if he personally stabbed anyone to death but he was very clearly part of the event.

Also nice work guys, next we need to make a list of the most pious players and see who would win
Bunk Moreland
Yeah it all felt very convenient. Got away with it in 2000 of 2001. Would never be allowed to happen probably 2008 and on.
Mike Elko
AG
johnnyblaze36 said:

Barbarossa said:

Lets pad this out

Add (DT) Josh Brent - intoxication manslaughter

(WR) Donte Stallworth - intoxication manslaughter
Bunk Moreland
Leonard Little can help beef up that OL with his manslaughter conviction
AggieChemist
AG
Back on topic, I'm only on episode 2 but all the gay stuff really came out of left field.
bonfarr
AG
Decay said:

NFL's All-Time Best Murderer Team, go.

TE - Hernandez
RB - OJ Simpson
LB - Ray Lewis

[
Disclaimer: Views expressed in this post reflect the opinions of Texags user bonfarr and are not to be accepted as facts or to be accepted at face value.
Corporal Punishment
AG
Back on track after a successful thread hijack...

Watched this documentary last night...all three parts. What are the thoughts here about Hernandez' acquittal of double murder? If I was juror, I likely would have acquitted him as well. Having said that, I still think Hernandez was guilty of killing those two poor immigrant souls.

If Bradley was shot by someone other than Hernandez in a "drug deal gone bad", where is that evidence? If Bradley was the trigger man in the double homicide, what was his motive? Between Bradley and Hernandez, only one was a proven killer...Hernandez. The physical evidence and surveillance tapes in the Odin Lloyd trial are very convincing that he was the trigger man. In my book, someone capable of an execution is way more likely to be the culprit of another shooting than is some random drug dealer-type like Bradley.

It makes sense...

Hernandez is a psychopath...gets "disrespected" and embarrassed when a cocktail is spilled on him while he's grinding on a chick on the dance floor. Hernandez sees them, has his driver, Bradley, follow them to give them shyyyt. Fires five shots into the immigrants' car. Later on, he decides he better eliminate his loser drug dealer buddy so he can't be blackmailed by him.

If you believe Aaron Hernandez killed Odin Lloyd in the manner proven in a court of law, then you can believe he killed those two other people in Massachusetts. Again, I probably couldn't convict him of it, but I'd wager he did it.

Final thought: Odin Lloyd's mother is a saint. Can't imagine her heartbreak. Ditto for the parents of the other two victims.
bonfarr
AG
Bradley tried to shake Hernandez down instead of going to the cops for shooting him and that ultimately led to the acquittal in the double homicide. Bradley was a scumbag just like Hernandez and the jury obviously didn't trust him as a witness.

I'm not buying the CTE bull**** either since Hernandez was a wannabe thug from the time he was a freshman in college.
Disclaimer: Views expressed in this post reflect the opinions of Texags user bonfarr and are not to be accepted as facts or to be accepted at face value.
oragator
I haven't watched it, but man, what a bad human being and a black eye for UF, regardless of how much our staff ultimately knew or didn't know.
Marauder Blue 6
AG
Jeff Alm - OL - dismemberment and vehicular homicide
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.