*** THE OUTSIDER - Limited Series (HBO) ***

40,499 Views | 392 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Milwaukees Best Light
dcAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
How was it non-sensical and confusing. It is FANTASY!!!!
Dave Robicheaux
AG
BowSowy said:

TCTTS said:

Oh and btw, the detective guy who was hunting and started the fight in the strip club - played by Marc Menchaca - is the bearded, secretly gay uncle dude from Ozark. More importantly, though, Menchaca is also an Aggie.
Wait, the detective started the fight? I thought it was the formerly sober strip club bouncer?

My camp counselor at Lady Lodge
MBAR
AG
dcAg said:

How was it non-sensical and confusing. It is FANTASY!!!!
Fantasy doesn't give you carte blanche to throw a buch of nonsense to the all and see what sticks. You still need to tell a coherent story and the end was anything but that.
TCTTS
AG
Bingo. Storytelling is storytelling, no matter the genre. Things have to make sense within the world being created. You establish rules for your world and you stick to them. You suddenly give your monster new powers in the ninth inning and people check out.
Robert C. Christian
AG
TCTTS said:

Bingo. Storytelling is storytelling, no matter the genre. Things have to make sense within the world being created. You establish rules for your world and you stick to them. You suddenly give your monster new powers in the ninth inning and people check out.
And by check out, we mean continue to watch and post complaints on this thread.
TCTTS
AG
This is true.
BowSowy
AG
Dave Robicheaux said:

BowSowy said:

TCTTS said:

Oh and btw, the detective guy who was hunting and started the fight in the strip club - played by Marc Menchaca - is the bearded, secretly gay uncle dude from Ozark. More importantly, though, Menchaca is also an Aggie.
Wait, the detective started the fight? I thought it was the formerly sober strip club bouncer?

My camp counselor at Lady Lodge
I have no idea what you're referencing
Prophet00
AG
I think he meant Laity Lodge, a summer camp in Leakey. I think the actor (Marc Menchaca) was a West Texas guy, so maybe he actually was his camp counselor there?
Milwaukees Best Light
AG
I think you all have covered it very well.

What is with 5 more minutes of show after the first credits roll? I had already started looking at the guide for my next show. Thankfully it was still playing the audio, or I would have missed the nonsensical setup for the second season. Stranger Things did this also on their season finale. I hope this doesn't become a thing.

I didn't catch Stephen King anywhere in the series. Did I just miss him, or does he not do that anymore?

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.