SIAP - Jeopardy GOAT match

3,679 Views | 29 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Gladiator 96
gigemJTH12
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
did yall see how they set this up?

start January 7th the 3 guys will play two full Jeopardy games per night. Total for both matches is added up and a winner of the night is crowned.

First guy to win 3 nights wins the whole thing. So it could last up to a week.

Best part is its at 7pm.

Thinking this could become a huge ratings event. Really looking forward to this and hoping tons of people watch.
Rudyjax
AG
Prepare to feel dumb.

I can't wait.
tk for tu juan
https://www.jeopardy.com/jbuzz/news-events/who-greatest-jeopardy-player-all-time
OldArmy71
AG
Three white males? No thanks!
The Milkman
AG
gigemJTH12 said:

Thinking this could become a huge ratings event. Really looking forward to this and hoping tons of people watch.
I wonder if there is a plan to make this Alex's farewell.
Sex Panther
AG
The Milkman said:

gigemJTH12 said:

I wonder if there is a plan to make this Alex's farewell.

AgPediRPh
AG
I think this tournament is partly for Alex (you can tell he enjoys watching James play) and also to further cash in on James's recent fame. I'll be watching.
gigemJTH12
AG
perfect
israeliag
AG
This is awesome. I fully expect James to win - I don't think there's been a better player of the game (not that that's a hot take or anything).

That said, I'd love to see Ken take over as host from Alex when that day arrives (sad face). I listen to his podcast Omnibus and he has a certain ease and charm that, along with his smarts, I really think would translate well to host of Jeopardy. Add to that, that even with James recent incredible run, I would suspect Ken Jennings has the second most name recognition of anyone on Jeopardy after Alex (even more than Johnny Gilbert).
double aught
AG
Brad has never been beaten (by a human). I think they are pretty clearly the three best players ever. I could see any one of them winning. Daily doubles will be huge. It should be great.
et98
AG
Hopefully the impeachment trials are done by then. I record Jeopardy and watch in the evenings (yes, I'm a nerd). I missed the last semi-final show and both finals due to the impeachment hearings and the school shooting. I think yesterday was the only episode they've actually aired in the last week or so.
RingOfive
AG
et98 said:

Hopefully the impeachment trials are done by then. I record Jeopardy and watch in the evenings (yes, I'm a nerd). I missed the last semi-final show and both finals due to the impeachment hearings and the school shooting. I think yesterday was the only episode they've actually aired in the last week or so.

Shouldn't be a problem because it will air in prime time.
Liquid Wrench
I do the same, sometimes I'll catch up on 3 or 4 episodes at a time. That's been a lot harder since Jeopardy moved to the ABC affiliate here. They love to cut in for BREAKING NEWS! Prime time is usually safe though.
TriumphForks
AG
Wow. I am incredibly excited for this.
Ag 11
AG
Go James!
The Milkman
AG
Yeah I've been really annoyed to miss several episodes the last week due to the impeachment stuff.
Rudyjax
AG
The Milkman said:

Yeah I've been really annoyed to miss several episodes the last week due to the impeachment stuff.

That sucks. Is anyone even watching thst garbage?
tk for tu juan
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
They should have john ratzenberger do a cameo in full-on cliff clavin attire
Rudyjax
AG
Redstone said:

I'm not saying these 3 aren't worthy - of course they are.

The lack of Diversity is pretty glaring, though. How "objective" were the measurements for greatness? It can't only be by total winnings, because there were other metrics, or by games won, because Brad was limited during his run.

So if there are multiple measurements of "great," then obviously demographic profile / Identity could be one.

As a fan of the show, it is disappointing to see the exclusion they built into the measurements.

Maybe we could have an additional tournament?

So they should put someone diverse in there becaise they're diverse?
Tanya 93
Redstone said:

The lack of Diversity is pretty glaring, though. How "objective" were the measurements for greatness? It can't only be by total winnings, because there were other metrics, or by games won, because Brad was limited during his run.

So if there are multiple measurements of "great," then obviously demographic profile / Identity could be one.

As a fan of the show, it is disappointing to see the exclusion they built into the measurements.

Well done for trying to get attention and/or stars.

Kinda stupid as a belief, but you will get the attention you so crave on this board.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
Redstone said:

nobody cares.
DannyDuberstein
AG
I'd put my $ on Brad. James is awesome, but that Emma chick essentially beat him 2 out of 3 times she played him between ending his regular season streak and outscoring him on the 2nd day of the Tournament of Champions. His day 1 lead was too big to overcome, but on day 2, she led for the day going into final jeopardy and they both got final right. So had it been a normal day, she would have taken him down.
gigemJTH12
AG
Redstone said:

this has to be a troll
AquaCasaAg
AG
Redstone has them right where he wants them.
Stive
AG
I thought everyone on this board knew Redstone? Seriously? Some of you are replying to him with serious responses?
Counterpoint
AG
gigemJTH12 said:

Redstone said:

this has to be a troll

Redstone never trolls!
GarlandAg2012
AG
Redstone said:

Excellent take. Please folks don't forget to blue star this. Only two at this point is a shame.
gigemJTH12
AG
tonight!
P.C. Principal
Excited but also sad. This feels like it could be the grand finale Jeopardy episode for Trebek as his health deteriorates.
Gladiator 96
AG
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.