Random complaints about movies

30,215 Views | 289 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Brian Earl Spilner
Brian Earl Spilner
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
When Batman smashes his fist down on Joker's hand during the interrogation in TDK, and Joker has absolutely no reaction.

That should have hurt pretty badly?
NoahAg
Peewee's Big Adventure. Toward the beginning Peewee makes this huge breakfast and then leaves w/out taking a bite.

Home Alone. Right before the Wet Bandits arrive, Kevin makes his delicious macaroni and cheese dinner, then the clock chimes and he doesn't take a bite.

I have food issues.
Urban Ag
AG
guadalupeag
If they used the blood from mosquitoes to clone the dinosaurs in Jurassic Park, what did they use to clone the plants?
Philo B 93
I don't like the way everyone stands facing the camera and then looking sideways at each other while talking to each other. Just turn and fade each other.
TCTTS
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

When Batman smashes his fist down on Joker's hand during the interrogation in TDK, and Joker has absolutely no reaction.

That should have hurt pretty badly?

I think you're missing the entire point of that bit? Batman starts by slamming the Joker's head on the table. And then the Joker says, "Never start with the head, the victim gets all fuzzy. He can't feel the next --" and that's when Batman smashes Joker's hand with his fist and the Joker replies with, "See?" The Joker is making a point that if you start with the head, all the other punching/roughing-the-victim-up immediately after that is pointless because the victim can't really feel any of it, because his head is still fuzzy. Thus, the Joker can't feel the hand-slam, thus Batman is being ineffective. Underlined a couple minutes later by the Joker's, "You have nothing! Nothing to threaten me with! Nothing to do with all your strength!" line, which is one of my favorite of the entire movie.
TCTTS
AG
guadalupeag said:

If they used the blood from mosquitoes to clone the dinosaurs in Jurassic Park, what did they use to clone the plants?
This one has always bugged me.
bobinator
AG
Whole plants frozen in amber, obviously.

I don't like how the magical community in Harry Potter uses owls when the muggles use a far better technology. You'd think the wizarding world would utilize some of the convenient current technologies.
atm0812
AG
TCTTS said:

guadalupeag said:

This one has always bugged me.

I thought the dinosaurs had to eat modern plants, which made a few of them sick. I have a scene with a Triceratops in my head.

Did I make that all up?
TCTTS
AG
I can't remember the exact line, but Ellie calls out Hammond at one point for having poisonous, 65-million-year-old plants in the lobby. She follows that up with something like, "But you just picked them out because they look good."
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
I get it. Would still hurt.
Al Bula
AG
Average Joe
AG
I cringe during this scene. So terrible.
rhutton125
AG
I always thought the big triceratops was pregnant, but upon rewatching, they never really hint at that or suggest that. I wonder why that was my headcanon for 20 years...
PaulSimonsGhost
AG
In Batman Begins ra's al ghul uses a microwave emitter and turned water into steam releasing the toxin.

Did nobody take a shower for the month up to that?
Racing is life. Anything before or after is just waiting.

Steve McQueen
ensign_beedrill
AG
The Scarecrow misquotes the Pythagorean Theorem at the end of The Wizard of Oz.
TX AG 88
AG
The lack of an actual conclusion in movies (and series) is a constant frustration these days. I can see where sometimes leaving the characters' fates ambiguous is a good thing, but good God, it seems like that's the way NEARLY every damn movie ends anymore. Whatever happened to the classic "exposition, rising action, climax, and denouement" pattern?
HtownAg92
AG
In Top Gun, only Mav and Goose were chastised for flying below the hard deck even though all of them were. They were zipping in and out of mountains, which top about 6500 feet near Miramar.

The jumbled timeline of the party in Old School.

When someone speaks at a normal volume in a crowded arena and is heard by everyone. See e.g. Gladiator, GOT, Return of the King

Where the F is Willie Wonka's chocolate factory? Some locals speak with no accent, some speak with British accents, and the filming location is Munich.

You fly your dropship onto a planet where a previous survivor warns of the horrific alien monster she encountered there, and where you have lost contact with the locals. This may be an indication of something wrong and dangerous. Better go ahead and leave the ramp open when we park it.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
In Halloween, it's very clear that Michael is not choking Linda very hard with that phone cord.
AgPediRPh
AG
Double count out in Rocky II: Rocky slipped; Apollo didn't score knockdown! And pretty much most of the dialogue from the film: "don't ask me to stop being a man" and "I feel like a Kentucky Fried idiot"
Head Ninja In Charge
AG
You telling me NOBODY else in the arena saw this?
Head Ninja In Charge
AG
Been complaining about this since 7th grade. Why did Raiden get a haircut in the middle of the movie??? Like why? What purpose did it serve? He's the god of thunder and randomly gets a 3 on the sides and a little of the top, swept back. Even the characters had their dialogue written to say WTF.

Can't link to exact moment, but here it is:
PatAg
AG
Shife said:

What if she had just used the force to preserve herself exposed in space, and they recovered her somehow. Seems like a better way of showing her power
redd38
AG
guadalupeag said:

Vegan mosquitoes
immortal_kumquat
guadalupeag said:

Male mosquitoes feed on plant juice only females drink blood, they need the protein to lay eggs
Texaggie7nine
NoahAg said:

Peewee's Big Adventure. Toward the beginning Peewee makes this huge breakfast and then leaves w/out taking a bite.

Peewee pours Mr T cereal all over his pancake, bacon and eggs, and then he eats 2 pieces with a fork.
7nine
Bruce Almighty
AG
Marty's parents not recognizing him as Calvin Klein
TCTTS
AG
THIS ^
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
I can buy this one. It's been 30 years and they knew him for a few weeks, tops.

The one that bugs me is that they're so rich/successful but live in the exact same house. And his older brother is still living at home.
Texaggie7nine
Speaking of BTTF

What is this kid doing?

7nine
jokershady
AG
EVERY movie where when someone aims a gun you hear the sound of the chamber cocking, or some other mechanical noise.....WHEN YOU AIM A GUN IT DOESNT MAKE A SPECIAL SOUND.

Also, whenever the good guy/bad guy chambers a bullet to appear intimidating when the bullet should have been chambered already
TXAG 05
AG
rhutton125 said:

I always thought the big triceratops was pregnant, but upon rewatching, they never really hint at that or suggest that. I wonder why that was my headcanon for 20 years...

The triceratops were eating poisonous plants

Quote:

Where the F is Willie Wonka's chocolate factory? Some locals speak with no accent, some speak with British accents, and the filming location is Munich.

They made it ambiguous on purpose. They didn't want it to be any specific country
Liquid Wrench
NoahAg said:

Home Alone. Right before the Wet Bandits arrive, Kevin makes his delicious macaroni and cheese dinner, then the clock chimes and he doesn't take a bite.

I have food issues.
On the plus side, you must really enjoy Brad Pitt movies.
Texaggie7nine
Body By Fisher said:

NoahAg said:

I have food issues.
On the plus side, you must really enjoy Brad Pitt movies.
7nine
Atreides Ornithopter
AG
maverick and goose were told not to engage below the hard deck. You could fly below it. The crap is that is an easy out for Jester to just fly there and escape.

Lorraine and george knew Calvin Klein for what a week and had no picture of him. They probably remember him since they named their 3rd kid after him "Marty such a nice name" but would have just claimed they looked similar

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.