12 Mighty Orphans

1,415 Views | 9 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Rudyjax
Jrock76
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I enjoyed the book. They are now in the process of filming the movie starring Luke Wilson. Has anybody else read it?
HtownAg92
AG
Awesome book that has been passed around through my family. We all sign it and when we read it. I passed it to a nephew.
LeisureSuitLarry
This is the one book I recommend to everyone.
I am so glad it is finally going to be made into a movie.
Koko Chingo
AG
My dad and aunts grew up in The Home. My dad was the only boy; but all my "uncles" are from The Home. They even call each other brother and do not see each other as anything but family.

I heard all the stories of these guys growing up. My dad was elementary school age while those guys were in high school. I grew up in CA, and we would make trips back to TX to go to Masonic Home reunions. They still have a reunion every year.

As a kid, you hear stories that described all these guys like super hero's. Then you meet them at a reunion or go to their house and they look like every other dad. Except when two people from the home would meet. There is a bond like no other. It was something special to be around. I have never met a group of people with such a special bond. I was in the military and that bond does not come close to the bond those who were in the home together have with each other. A bond only hero's can have.

I will have to post a pic of the baseball team. No one was wearing shoes. They only wore them in the winter or when they went into town.
HtownAg92
AG
Koko Chingo said:

My dad and aunts grew up in The Home. My dad was the only boy; but all my "uncles" are from The Home. They even call each other brother and do not see each other as anything but family.

I heard all the stories of these guys growing up. My dad was elementary school age while those guys were in high school. I grew up in CA, and we would make trips back to TX to go to Masonic Home reunions. They still have a reunion every year.

As a kid, you hear stories that described all these guys like super hero's. Then you meet them at a reunion or go to their house and they look like every other dad. Except when two people from the home would meet. There is a bond like no other. It was something special to be around. I have never met a group of people with such a special bond. I was in the military and that bond does not come close to the bond those who were in the home together have with each other. A bond only hero's can have.

I will have to post a pic of the baseball team. No one was wearing shoes. They only wore them in the winter or when they went into town.
Getting a little dusty in my office. Great stuff.
The Shank Ag
Just drove by them filming at my old high school stadium in Cleburne.
Nagler
AG
I saw a few pictures on Facebook of them filming at the Masonic Lodge in downtown Fort Worth.
TresPuertas
AG
I sent a message to TCTTS some weeks ago asking if he knew if there were plans to turn this into a movie.

I was glad to hear that this was actually happening. If ever there was a book just perfect to be made into a movie it was this.
The Shank Ag
https://www.cleburnetimesreview.com/news/cleburne-isd-teacher-on-set-as-extra/article_89b93bf8-07ea-11ea-bc36-8782595b0b6c.html

Good article about it. Extra mentioned was an ex's from high school's dad. Good man
Nagler
AG
Apparently they rented some printing presses from one of my Dad's friends. Took them to Weatherford for filming from his shop. He got to be on set during filming as he had to set the presses up between takes. Met quite a few famous folks.

Cool starry bra.
Rudyjax
AG
A kid from Argyle got a big part.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.