** Richard Jewell ** Clint Eastwood Film

12,033 Views | 83 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by expresswrittenconsent
FancyKetchup14
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I know, I know. Clint Eastwood, etc. but this looks good. Based on the true story of the Atlanta Park bombings in 1996 and the investigation afterwards. A really great cast featuring Jon Hamm, Kathy Bates, Olivia Wilde, and Sam Rockwell. Jewell is played by Paul Walter Hauser.

In theaters Dec 13

DannyDuberstein
AG
They should have had Kathy Bates play Richard Jewell
aTmAg
AG
What's wrong with Clint Eastwood?
PlanoAggie
AG
Looks good! I always love a good Clint Eastwood movie!
Liquid Wrench

Quote:

I know, I know. Clint Eastwood, etc. but this looks good
Texaggie7nine
Looking forward to that.
7nine
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
Man that looks great. And the sad thing is that when they realized they had the wrong man, the media and the government gave their token apologies and moved on. Thank god the Internet wasn't what it was now in 1996. The guy would have never made it out alive.

I realize celebrities don't me and I don't know them, but I'm so happy that Sam Rockwell has finally moved into the echelon of "we gotta have this guy in our movies" because he is awesome in everything he does.

Edit: And if the FBI had gone after the right guy from the beginning, they could have prevented 3 other bombings he perpetrated in the following years, including one that killed a cop.
FancyKetchup14
AG
I should say I have nothing against Mr Eastwood.
FancyKetchup14
AG
The man is a national treasure. I just don't think the films he's recently directed have been as consistent as they used to be.
Texaggie7nine
That he's directed?
7nine
FancyKetchup14
AG
Correct. Mule, Sully, and that train film (I can't even remember the name) didn't hit for me.

I realize my opinion in the OP is not as widely regarded as I thought. Eastwood is the man. I just think his directorship hasn't been as sharp as it once was.
Texaggie7nine
To each their own I guess.
7nine
Another Doug
AG
He definitely is not in his prime, but damn near 90 and still making watchable movies.
Mort Rainey
This thing has changed hands so many times. Originally Jonah Hill was supposed to be RJ, then Leo was supposed to have a part, then the OJ Made in America guy was supposed to direct it
Another Doug
AG
Guy playing RJ was great in I, Toyna.
NoahAg
Quote:

Thank god the Internet wasn't what it was now in 1996. The guy would have never made it out alive.
I wonder if the opposite is true? The media basically convicted this guy as the bomber. After that his life was over. Him being cleared was almost an afterthought.

I wonder if a bigger internet presence would have helped him bounce back quicker and regain his life. I'm sure there are lots of people out there who still think Richard Jewell was the bomber just b/c the recognize his name.

Who was the actual bomber? I couldn't tell you.
MAROON
AG
Quote:

Who was the actual bomber? I couldn't tell you.
Eric Rudolph.

this entire story makes me ragey. Richard Jewell's heirs should own the Atlanta Constitution and Kathy Scruggs should also have been found libel.

The guy was crucified by the media and all of them ended up settling out of court with him except for the Atlanta newspaper .
What do you boys want for breakfast BBQ ?.....OK Chili.
M.C. Swag
AG
Poor guy got absolutely ****ed.

Movie looks pretty damn good tho!
Gigem314
AG
That looks awesome. Solid cast too. I've never heard the original story, so I will definitely be seeing this.

Eastwood is hit or miss, but when he's on he's absolutely on. Which can be said of just about any successful director in Hollywood.
amercer
AG
I was waiting on a bus outside the Georgia Dome when the bomb went off. We made it all the way back to the place in the suburbs where we were staying before we even heard about it. Crazy to think of a world without instant news and communication.

I think Eastwood has been known for a long time now as a director that comes in on time and under budget. Probably not much of an actual artist anymore, but I hope I'm still kicking around like he is at age 90.
oragator
Felt bad for him then and now, but I also remember at the time, many of his past statements and work history didn't do him any favors. He largely came off as exactly what he was (wrongfully) accused of.

Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG
Love Eastwood and most of his films but this trailer didn't do much for me.

TCTTS
AG
TCTTS
AG
TCTTS
AG
TCTTS
AG
TCTTS
AG

TCTTS
AG
TCTTS
AG
TCTTS
AG
TCTTS
AG
LHIOB
AG
Beware of Doug said:

Guy playing RJ was great in I, Toyna.

He was amazing in I, Tonya
Atreides Ornithopter
AG
Critics liked it, guess it sucks......

A Fast Fred review of thia movie would be good
nai06
AG
Maybe its just me, but I don't find the story all that compelling. I remember when it all unfolded and it was a big deal in the news. I just don't see how that translates into an interesting movie.. That being said I'll probably see it because of the casting
beanbean
nai06 said:

Maybe its just me, but I don't find the story all that compelling. I remember when it all unfolded and it was a big deal in the news. I just don't see how that translates into an interesting movie.. That being said I'll probably see it because of the casting
I think this guy getting completely railroaded by the media and the FBI is a very compelling story. I remember all this unfolding too.
Last Page
Page 1 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.