***** AHS 1984 *****

2,498 Views | 25 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by beanbean
Punked Shank
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Anyone else watching? Slasher season...2 episodes so far...entertaining at the mininum.

I skipped a few AHS seasons but this one seems okay
beanbean
Just give it another episode or 2 and it will go completely off the rails like it always does. I try every season and then it just gets too ridiculous and I lose interest and never finish.
TXAG 05
AG
Been watching, like said above, it's entertaining enough so far to keep going. I thought last season was the best one in a while. The tie ins from previous seasons were cool.
Punked Shank
AG
It does have Season 1 aspects so far. Interesting where it goes..
Capstone
AG
Episode 1 seemed to lift a lot from the first Friday the 13th. As someone stated earlier in the thread, I full expect it to be unwatchable in 3-4 more episodes.
Al Bula
AG
So far so good. Much better than the apocalypse season already.
Sex Panther
AG
I was pretty interested in this as I love the 80's slasher vibe... but I gave up on this show a loooong time ago and fully expect it to go off the rails in typical Ryan Murphy cocaine infused fashion.
K188Ag
AG
Just finished the third episode. How in the world are they going to keep this storyline going for another seven episodes?

I like it so far.
Al Bula
AG
I also question how they keep this going. More flashbacks and whatnot.

Princess Leia Jr has really dropped some weight for this season.
DannyDuberstein
AG
It's been like watching a slasher movie that is usually over in about 1:30 but has now hit 2:15. Starting to wear thin, as this show tends to do. Still hanging in for now.
Post removed:
by user
TXAG 05
AG
K188Ag said:

Just finished the third episode. How in the world are they going to keep this storyline going for another seven episodes?

I like it so far.

I'm liking it so far, but I agree, I feel they could wrap it up this week, but we are only half way through the season.
Punked Shank
AG
Pretty sure this week we are going off the deep end. Definitely going to watch at least this weeks
Clavell
AG
Ok, finished last episode. I know I'm probably in a small minority, but actually thought is was a fun season. Took every mad slasher stereotype plus added in every 1980's sterotype. It was so over the top silly it was good.
Punked Shank
AG
Clavell said:

Ok, finished last episode. I know I'm probably in a small minority, but actually thought is was a fun season. Took every mad slasher stereotype plus added in every 1980's sterotype. It was so over the top silly it was good.

I agree. Gf and i enjoyed this season. It didn't take itself seriously and it helped. It was a good season and very entertaining. Ive only finished season 1, roanoke, and the witch one.

This is by far the 2nd best behind season 1.

Also a plus, the sound track was the best. Overall, i really enjoyed the season and nothing too crazy that makes you turn it off and stop watching.
DannyDuberstein
AG
Great season
Tanya 93
Did Judd Nelson ever win his Oscar?

TXAG 05
AG
Thought it was pretty good from start to finish. Didn't have the usual mid season crazy derailment
Al Bula
AG
How did this season connect to back to any of the previous seasons?
Clavell
AG
No connection, thank heavens.
Rex Racer
AG
Wife and I loved it, but we met in 1984!
beanbean
This was actually the first time since season 1 that I made it through the whole season without giving up. Like someone said a couple of posts up, great soundtrack.
Al Bula
AG
Clavell said:

No connection, thank heavens.
not true it seems. There are some flimsy connections like the night stalker being in Hotel (though a different actor) and the Spahn ranch reference in Cult and 1984.

The most solid connection is Margaret stating she owns Briarcliff Manor from Asylum, and Briarcliff also appeared in Freakshow.
Clavell
AG
I stand corrected, but backstory conections have no bearing on story.
SgtBarbarossa
My favorite season in years. Didn't get too weird and actually finished the story it was telling without filler episodes or shoe-horning Sarah Paulson in for fan service.
DannyDuberstein
AG
Agree about Paulson being left out. Also, Emma Roberts does it for me, so enjoyed her being featured. I'm a fan of the little spinners, so much so that I married one.
beanbean
Barbarossa said:

My favorite season in years. Didn't get too weird and actually finished the story it was telling without filler episodes or shoe-horning Sarah Paulson in for fan service.
This was the key for me.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.