RIP Eddie Money

2,587 Views | 32 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Al Bula
oragator
How long do you want to ignore this user?
https://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/eddie-money-two-tickets-to-paradise-singer-dead-at-70
Know Your Enemy
AG
Damn, I had heard he was sick but this seems pretty sudden.
rhutton125
AG
Oh no!
KidDoc
AG
Wow that got him fast, RIP Eddie!
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
chipotle
time to bust out the tunes
PLUM LOCO
AG

Made some amazing music for a guy who started out as a cop.

RIP, Mr. Mahoney
"When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." Benjamin Franklin
RAB91
It definitely wasn't his biggest hit, buy my favorite was...

maroon man
S
RIP...

cr0wbar
AG
damn, love me some EM
beanbean
RIP

MAROON
AG
Hope he got his ticket to Paradise.

What do you boys want for breakfast BBQ ?.....OK Chili.
Anonymous Source
S
This one is a total slab of cheese, but it came out about the time I was going through a gnarly breakup so it's always stuck with me. RIP Money Man

Gig 'Em
TX AG 88
AG
Wife and I went to see him at the Aztec Theater here in San Antonio a few years ago.

Was impressed by how hard-working he was and he had WAY more hits than I remembered. The show was a lot better than I expected. We ran into him outside the venue afterwards. He had a shopping bag, and was presumably walking to his hotel, wherever he was staying. We saw him across the street and he stopped and posed for a pic with us. He was really down to earth and friendly. Whenever a song of his would come on the radio, I'd tell her "hey, that's your buddy!"

RIP, Eddie!
TyHolden
AG
saw him at carlos and charlie's on lake travis back in the day. there were like 100 people there. one of my buddies tried to reach for his mic or leg or something (not sure what he was thinking - way drunk) but eddie kicked him off stage with one sweep of the leg. he slept in the boat after that.
aggiegrad01
Mr.Bond
AG

My all time favorite
Im looking for Ray Finkle.... and a clean pair of shorts. Im just a very big Finkle fan. This is my Graceland, sir.

JD05AG
AG
Philo B 93
Solid pop/rock hits from the late 70s- mid 80s. Kind of a working man's Rick Springfield. I wish I could have seen him live.
FarmerJohn
AG
Not sure if he was ever a beat cop or a trainee, but always thought it was great he came from an multi-generational Irish police family in New York.
halibut sinclair
Saw him in 2008 at Wolf Pen Creek Ampitheater in CS as part of the Starlight Music Series. Best free concert and one of the best overall concerts we have seen.

RIP, Eddie.
TMACsDaMan
Muy
AG
As someone who was in HS and college in the 80's, this one hits hard.
Muy
AG
Philo B 93 said:

Solid pop/rock hits from the late 70s- mid 80s. Kind of a working man's Rick Springfield. I wish I could have seen him live.

Was just telling someone last night "when you have a chance to see a legend, go see the legend". Eddie was a forgotten legend and I never saw him live.
Psychag
AG
RIP Eddie!!! Love his music! Seemed really down to earth!
TX AG 88
AG

That's the pic we got after the show. Really friendly. I didn't realize he played sax until we saw him, but listening to his stuff on "shuffle" today on Spotify, he really did play a lot!
TyHolden
AG
TX AG 88 said:

That's the pic we got after the show. Really friendly. I didn't realize he played sax until we saw him, but listening to his stuff on "shuffle" today on Spotify, he really did play a lot!

Best sax player of all time

ApachePilot
AG
Mr.Bond said:

My all time favorite

I play this song at least weekly. One of my favorites on my 80s hit list.
ApachePilot
AG
TMACsDaMan said:

I think this song came out in 1987? I was a freshman in high school and I remember playing that tape on bus rides to football games and wrestling matches. His music brings back so many memories. To be young again. I wanna go back and do it all over
ApachePilot
AG
Now I know how my Father felt watching the stars of his youth pass years ago. I hate to see them go. Getting old sucks
ApachePilot
AG
This commercial always made me laugh

WestGalvestonAggie
halibut sinclair said:

Saw him in 2008 at Wolf Pen Creek Ampitheater in CS as part of the Starlight Music Series. Best free concert and one of the best overall concerts we have seen.

RIP, Eddie.

Word. I was there too and it was fun as hell. He must have said "Where's my ladies from the 80's" about a dozen times that night.
94chem
Freshman at A&M in 1990. Got his greatest hits from Columbia House on cassette and played the heck out of it. Don't forget Shakin'.

Love the base in Take Me Home, and the sax climax. Awesome period piece of melodic rock.

Peace In Our Time...

Walk on Water may have been my favorite back in the 80's.
Big_Russ
AG

RIP.
Al Bula
AG
Take me home tonight is one of the BEST 80s jams around. I'd fully expect it to be on repeat in Cafe 80s in BTTF2.

I read up on some Eddie money info and the background of that song and went down a weird Phil Spector rabbit hole.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.