Peanut Butter Falcon

8,553 Views | 44 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Chipotlemonger
mslags97
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Rick Dalton said:

I love reading about how first-time directors got their film made and this story is just as great as the movie. Here's a couple of quotes from the best thing I read today:
Quote:

Eight years ago in 2011, they met a young actor with Down syndrome, Zack Gottsagen, at a Venice camp for actors with disabilities. "We were enamored by him as a human being," said Nilson in a telephone interview. "It was love at first sight. This is my guy. He's a special human. We spent a couple years with him making short films, having fun and experimenting. Three years in, he had a heart to heart with us about his dreams and what he wants to do. He let us know he wanted to be an actor, wanted to be in a film. He's earnest and truthful; we'd seen him performing in our short films, he's loose and honest, hits his marks and says his lines. We said, 'let's do it together.'"
Quote:

Notably, LaBeouf stars in another DGA rookie nominee's film, Alma Har'el's "Honeyboy," which he wrote from the rehab facility he entered the day after completing "The Peanut Butter Falcon." He had no trouble tapping into his troubled character's feelings of pain and inadequacy. He was arrested for public intoxication three weeks into shooting and was sentenced to check into rehab at the end.

"We didn't know what happened," said Schwartz. "When he came back to set the next day, Zack said, 'Shia, I know you've done this before, but this is my shot. Don't mess this up for me.' The way Shia described it, that's the day he became sober."

With leading man Gottsagen sitting next to them at the first public screening at SXSW, the filmmakers were overwhelmed. They both cried when Gottsagen told them, "My dreams came true, guys."
https://www.indiewire.com/2020/01/dga-awards-the-peanut-butter-falcon-rookies-shia-labeouf-1202205495/

That is outstanding!!!
AgHawkeye
AG
This is 99 cents right now to rent on iTunes. It is a fun movie and good family movie if you are OK explaining away a couple of F bombs.
JYDog90
AG
I think me and the wifey are gonna watch this tonight. We were going to watch the Ben Affleck basketball movie but she hated Manchester by the Sea, so if it's similar to that, she ain't up for it.
Formerly Willy Wonka
oragator
Watched it tonight, thought it was great.
BTHOthatguy
Great fun! Highly recommend.
GoAgs92
AG
Streaming on Hulu.

Good movie, strong on coincidences like someone said, but enjoyable.

Check it out.
GoAgs92
AG
Although Shia clearly deserved a beating.
cr0wbar
AG
Saw this on Hurricane Laura night. Fun flick
tx1c
AG
It's on Amazon Prime now, too.
NASAg03
Just watched it, great feel-good movie.

Best thing though? The sound track!
Mike Shaw - Class of '03
Chipotlemonger
AG
Watched the movie tonight and we really enjoyed it. As aforementioned, excellent soundtrack too!
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.