Peanut Butter Falcon

8,515 Views | 44 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Chipotlemonger
MarkItZero
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
A hearty thumbs up for this little movie. Shia LaBeouf with a surprisingly good performance.

I went in with low expectations and was rewarded with an entertaining experience.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Still waiting for this to come out near me.
Gigem314
AG
Looks really good. Definitely want to see it.
TCTTS
AG
Randomly saw this Friday night and was pleasantly surprised as well. The plot is a little forced at times, and the ending is kind of ridiculous, but overall it's a good, solid effort. They really leaned into the Huck Finn thing in a fun, charming way, and I laughed consistently throughout. Shia is fantastic - to the point where I'd welcome a comeback - as is Zack Gottsagen, the Down syndrome actor. They make a truly great duo. One of the producers was in my showing and he brought a bunch of friends. They cheered when his name came up, which is always fun. Definitely worth seeing in the theater.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
All in on the Shia comeback. Really want to see Honey Boy.
TCTTS
AG
And just like that, right on cue, the Shiassance has begun...

https://deadline.com/2019/08/robert-de-niro-shia-labeouf-after-exile-crime-drama-joshua-michael-stern-director-1202666269/
mazag08
AG
For being one of the looniest whackos walking American soil, Shia sure can act his ass off.

He was amazing in Man Down.
policywonk98
AG
Simple story beautifully acted by all.

Great first feature length by these guys.
jokershady
AG
Was shocked when I saw the trailer how well Shia appears in this film.

And then the trailer for Honey Boy also looks amazing with him....

Definitely seems to be showing we need to forget about the Transformers/IJ 4 persona he put out.
Carlo4
AG
He was great in Fury, the WWII tank movie, also.
PatAg
AG
I remember seeing this trailer before a movie a little while ago. My first thought was it was just gonna be another cheap movie playing on people with disability for an easypaycheck, but as the trailer went on it actually seemed like it would be a quality movie. There's something about Shia, he's definitely a talented actor. Maybe it's his intensity.
Texaggie7nine
Saw a screening tonight. Good feel good flick. Agreed on the forced plot issues. Dont know why they went with some over the top or just way too coincidental stuff, but otherwise a fun watch.

The article hit the nail with the comparison to MUD.
I'd say not a must see in theater besides sharing some good laughs, but definitly worth seeing when it comes to streaming or whatever.
7nine
cr0wbar
AG
had a feeling shia would come back around. saw the trailer for peanut butter falcon and looked really good
Texaggie7nine
Some of the best actors are just weirdos in real life and they will be like that all their lives.
7nine
mslags97
AG
Saw this with my boys tonight. Loved it. Just a fun, feel good movie!
Know Your Enemy
AG
Saw it today and enjoyed it. The wrestling scene at the end put a bit of a sour taste in my mouth with the ridiculous finishing move though.
PaulSimonsGhost
AG
I was always sad to see Shia LaBeouf go bat **** crazy.

I'm thrilled to see he may be locking it down and making good films.
Canyon99
I miss whacked out "he will not divide us" Lebouf.
bangobango
AG
He's crazy, but I've always been a big Lebouf fan as far as his acting is concerned.
AgGrad99
AG
Great movie.

My wife and I saw it and loved it. The chemistry between Shia and Zack was fantastic.
Silky Johnston
Saw it last night and my wife and I thoroughly enjoyed it. Great way to spend an hour and a half and money on movie tickets. I would gladly spend money seeing a movie like this as opposed to another superhero movie or a remake of a remake.

If you are a fan of Shia, you will enjoy the video below:

rhutton125
AG
Haven't seen this one but he's good in Borg vs McEnroe too
claym711
AG
Nice pity party going here. He's mediocre at best.
dreyOO
Great movie
Big Cat `93
AG
Loved it. Especially Bruce Dern and the convenience store owner.

I did a double-take when I saw Jake the Snake.
Gramercy Riffs
AG
Big Cat `93 said:

I did a double-take when I saw Jake the Snake.

The 10-year-old in me was disappointed that I couldn't think of his name right away. Recognized Mick Foley no problem, but couldn't think of Jake's name until the movie was over.
evan_aggie
AG
Great movie. Heart warming, tense, sad, funny...
PharmD4
AG
Saw this the other night. As mentioned, thought it was a good movie, worth watching.

It's interesting though. It's like it rode the fence and at any time could have become one of those raw, painfully real films. But each time, it took a turn towards feel-good and cliche. Actually made it easier to just enjoy IMO.
brew82
Two thumbs up!
"What's rule number one?"
Pause
"Party?"
I laughed out loud at that one.
Highly recommend.
SoTxAg
AG
Watched it tonight, liked it a lot.
HvilleAggie
AG
GREAT movie! Wife and I both enjoyed. Shia acted his character extremely well. Ending was abrupt and a head scratcher, but all in all definitely recommend!
SquirrellyDan
AG
PharmD4 said:

Saw this the other night. As mentioned, thought it was a good movie, worth watching.

It's interesting though. It's like it rode the fence and at any time could have become one of those raw, painfully real films. But each time, it took a turn towards feel-good and cliche. Actually made it easier to just enjoy IMO.

I felt the same way, but read after watching it that it was actually an interpretation of the actors dream of being a movie star. They made him one and changed the story to make it about him dreaming of a being a wrestler. His dream and his character's dreams both came true. I thought it was fantastic.
PDWT_12
AG
SquirrellyDan said:

PharmD4 said:

I felt the same way, but read after watching it that it was actually an interpretation of the actors dream of being a movie star. They made him one and changed the story to make it about him dreaming of a being a wrestler. His dream and his character's dreams both came true. I thought it was fantastic.
Will also add that while it's very feel goody and cliche at times... the conversation between Shia and Dakota while they keep Zak's head underwater is one of the best ways I've seen someone talk about the way we treat people with disabilities on screen. A very cool moment that felt very real to me.
Southlake
I coach Special Olympics (Humble brag?) and thought Zach did a fantastic job. Some scenes when he was being bullied and called names had to be hard for him, but he nailed the role. Bravo!
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.