Looking for good Amazon Prime series

8,286 Views | 51 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Deputy Travis Junior
Azariah
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
The Boys came out today.
Duncan Idaho
Redstone said:

We were early adopters to Prime and helped to provide the feedback that determined if a pilot became a season order.

While I appreciate you playing the hits, your qanon trolling is better.
MSCAg
AG
They are making it easier and easier to drop Netflix.
Ferg
They sure are.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/jack-reacher-tv-series-works-at-amazon-1224429
Hudson2508
AG
Fleabag, Fleabag, Fleabag. Best show I've seen in a long time. Absolutely brilliant 2nd season. 1st was almost as good too.
Fightin_Aggie
AG
The Tick

The Boys was very good
The world needs mean tweets

My Pronouns Ultra and MAGA

Trump 2024
Iowaggie
AG
They have some really good series from HBO, etc that you probably have heard of but maybe not seen. (I.e. Curb Your Enthusiasm, Banshee, Justified etc)

John Adams was good if you like those historic based series.

I liked Strike Back whenever I needed a shallow manly show.
Post removed:
by user
MW03
AG
aTm2004
AG
The wife and I are starting to get back into watching shows now that the kids are a bit older and we are getting our night time routine back down.

Some Amazon shows we've watched:
- The Man in the High Castle - Without a doubt, one of the best series I've ever seen. Easily, the best show on Amazon and I'd think the same if it were on Netflix, Hulu, etc
- Red Oaks - Pretty funny if you like cheesy 80s movies. 30 minute episodes are also a nice break to catch a show before bed
- Hanna - Wasn't what I thought it would be, but wasn't that bad
- The Patriot - Currently 5 episodes in. Liking it thus far
- Jack Ryan - Not too bad but not what I was expecting. I guess I wanted more action
- All or Nothing - I watched the University of Michigan season and loved it. We're < month a way from CFB!
- Grand Tour - Top Gear with an Amazon budget
- Grand Prix Driver - If you like F1, this is the behind the scenes of the McLaren team going into the 2018 season (testing, driver fitting, driver obligations, etc)

On the list:
- Bosh - This seems to be one of the best Amazon series ever
- The Boys - Hear a lot of good things about this at work
- The Last Tycoon
- Catastrophe
bbattbq01
AG
The night manager
Fightin_Aggie
AG
MSCAg said:

Plus netflix losing all the Disney content and their own content becoming SJW crap.

Netflix also lost some of their PBS shows. PBS seems to be setting up their on subscription service in Amazon videos on top of the Prime subscription.

Only thing to watch on Netflix now is Korean Soap Operas which is not exactly my favorite.
The world needs mean tweets

My Pronouns Ultra and MAGA

Trump 2024
Copperpot
AG
All or Nothing. Any season.
Tobias Funke
AG
Fightin_Aggie said:

MSCAg said:

Plus netflix losing all the Disney content and their own content becoming SJW crap.

Netflix also lost some of their PBS shows. PBS seems to be setting up their on subscription service in Amazon videos on top of the Prime subscription.

Only thing to watch on Netflix now is Korean Soap Operas which is not exactly my favorite.

I'm sorry what?
Bottlehead90
AG
Bump to add
The detectorist
Slow British comedy with likable and quirky characters. Well cast and well written. It follows two best friends whose hobby is searching for treasure with metal detectors.
CowtownAg06
AG
I watched the first season of Man in the High Castle and really liked it. When the second season came out I just never got started. Is it worth picking back up?
Al Bula
AG
I'm gonna try man in the high castle at some point. Watched a few episodes when it first came out but never followed through.

Sneaky Pete is garbage after season 1. It had such promise aside from Bryan Cranston's terrible, cringy acting but it went downhill even after he was left out after season 1.

I've already binged all the good stuff on Netflix and am ready to axe it since the Obamas are about to put out content.
Deputy Travis Junior
MyNameIsKyle said:

Another endorsement for The Patriot. It's unlike any show I've ever seen. Definitely not for everyone, but if you appreciate dry, dark humor and off the wall characters, it's worth the watch.

Patriot is incredible. Hilarious and maybe the most unique show I've ever watched. My sister and I had a long conversation on how to describe it and finally settled on "depressed Wes Anderson stops taking his meds and then makes a spy show." I mean that as positively as possible.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.