Cyberpunk Synth Music Prediction

1,233 Views | 9 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by israeliag
PaulSimonsGhost
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG

With the much anticipated release of Cyberpunk 2077 in April 2020 (heavily featuring Keanu Reeves) and the continued success of Stranger Things I'm predicting a Tsunami of Synth coming our way. Hell, it's here now.

Pop music is complete **** and the only genre getting anyone's nipples hard is EDM.

I play this in my office at work when doing paperwork and it makes life better.

You're welcome.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Maybe it's just me but I thought this kinda started a few years ago at least. I play a lot of this stuff at work.

Here's some that I enjoy.

PaulSimonsGhost
AG
I'm old. News travels slow to me.

I got into it with Drive starring Ryan Gosling.

The opening sequence featured Kavinsky's Night call which is the absolute titz of a song.

The whole soundtrack is awesome.

Brian Earl Spilner
AG
To be fair, me and my buddy are really into this stuff and are always sending each other playlists. Good stuff.
PaulSimonsGhost
AG
Drive also featured The Chromatics synth heavy cover of Kate Bush's 'Running Up That Hill' that is very cool.

So, yeah I guess I have known about Synth music for a while.

I'm saying it's gonna become more mainstream b/c Cyberpunk 2077 is going to be that big of a phenomenon.

I'm literally considering quitting my job to play it for the first two months. No I'm not. But still.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Such a good track.
Sex Panther
AG
Awesome song but just an fyi, its not on the Drive soundtrack. That's from their album called Night Drive. Their contribution to the soundtrack is Tick of the Clock which sets the tone for the the badass intro scene.

I love the Drive soundtrack, and really like the Chromatics as well. I dug their performances on the new Twin Peaks. Here's one:

Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Huh? Pretty sure it is in Drive, that's where I heard it.

Edit: Google confirms. Opening track, in fact.

Edit 2: It's an early morning. Thought you meant Nightcall.
Texaggie7nine
The genre has been growing steadily for the past 5 or so years. Mainstream bands have been starting to dip their toes in as well. Most notably Muse and their last album.

Chiptune music has also been growing which is basically 8 bit music like in the old Nintendo games.
7nine
Decay
AG
Gunship!

israeliag
AG
My contribution to this conversation is the band The Midnight. They have an incredible vocalist, plus they love sax. I mean, who doesn't love sax?

Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.