CATS! Trailer - creepy

7,991 Views | 73 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Eliminatus
C@LAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Sine poena nulla lex.
FriendlyAg
Cats
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
C@LAg
Sine poena nulla lex.
nashvilleaggie11
So many great people in this but WHY?!?!?! NO ONE LIKES THE SHOW CATS
Post removed:
by user
Sex Panther
AG
MyNameIsKyle said:

Looks very interesting visually, though I don't care for musicals. It'll make a hundred gazillion dollars.

I think it will bomb
guadalupeag
Cats cats cats, here's what you do with cats. Back in the sweat shop in Nam, we found a cat, we'd toss it in the soup! Those hungry *******s ate cat soup every day. What's the worst thing that could happen? Some little kid choke on a hair ball and die? So then you toss him in the soup! I was making money hand over foot, literally. Someone lost a hand or a foot? Toss it in the soup!
Quad Dog
AG
The main selling point of this movie should be Jennifer Hudson singing Memories. But the trailer already have it all to us. No reason to see it now. There should just have been a hint of that song in this trailer. You don't play all of your greatest song in the trailer.
TCTTS
AG
It's opening the exact same day as Star Wars. Everything about this movie seems insanely ill-advised.
bushytailed
AG
I loved Cats.

I have mixed feelings about this preview but will probably see it anyway.
FightinTexasAg15
AG
bushytailed said:

I loved Cats.

I have mixed feelings about this preview but will probably see it anyway.

Username checks out
C@LAg
Sine poena nulla lex.
Leggo My Elko
AG
As a young child my parents took me to see the musical. I recall enjoying it. I was 7 or 8. Not sure how I'll feel about it now. I'll wait till it's on Netflix or HBO.
GiveEmHellBill
AG
I can honestly say that this is one of the worst trailers I've ever seen for a major studio release.

The CGI was mind-bogglingly weird. I wonder if the studio will listen to the internet buzz and vow to improve it like the Sonic the Hedgehog filmmakers did after the disastrous reception to their trailer.
Tobias Funke
AG
C@LAg
Sine poena nulla lex.
Al Bula
AG
Pahdz
My 8 year old daughter reads these Warriors books about clans of cats...hope to God she never sees this trailer. Already made her watch Top Gun trailer though lol
Raptor
AG
TCTTS said:

It's opening the exact same day as Star Wars. Everything about this movie seems insanely ill-advised.

I feel like the kinda people that will want to watch Star Wars aren't the kinda people that will watch Cats.

Maybe I'm wrong.
This post is for Cretaceous Level Subscribers only.

C@LAg
Sine poena nulla lex.
ro828
nashvilleaggie11 says that "no one" likes CATS. I saw it on Great Performances many years ago and was totally unimpressed, but the "no one" sort of loses its air when you consider that the show ran for about 18 years when it opened on Broadway. 1982 to 2000. Somebody was filling those seats every night for a very, very long time.
C@LAg
Sine poena nulla lex.
Duncan Idaho
I think it looks great and I hope it will be the thing that finally allows furries out in the mainstream.
ro828
I was curious enough to watch the preview. Good Lord, but that was awful. If it was that bad on my computer monitor, I can only imagine seeing it on a big screen. Prints of this movie should be rushed to Guantanamo Bay: even the most hardened terrorist could only stand watching about ten minutes of this before confessing everything.

Footnote: I'm all about musicals, especially from the 1930's to the 1960's. But this seems more like an assault on the audience than an effort to entertain them.
TCTTS
AG
Liquid Wrench
guadalupeag said:

Cats cats cats, here's what you do with cats. Back in the sweat shop in Nam, we found a cat, we'd toss it in the soup! Those hungry *******s ate cat soup every day. What's the worst thing that could happen? Some little kid choke on a hair ball and die? So then you toss him in the soup! I was making money hand over foot, literally. Someone lost a hand or a foot? Toss it in the soup!
Without knowing any context, I'm just assuming that's a Frank Reynolds quote.
Ag Since 83
AG
Saw this last night before The Lion King, and I agree with the person who said they already gave away the movie's biggest moment, Jennifer Hudson singing Memory. Plus they should have held out from revealing what the cats looked like much longer and made it a big reveal. Just a weird trailer all around.

Having never seen Cats, but vaguely knowing the plot and thinking it sounds weird, this one is a definite "wait and see" for me.
nashvilleaggie11
The sad thing is I took acting classes from Betty Buckley and I STILL dont have any interest in seeing Cats.
aggiedata
AG
It's weird for sure
taxpreparer
AG
I saw it at OPAS many years ago and was impressed with the way the supporting cast portrayed cats. The stretched, preen, played with each in ways that were convincing.

This trailer is unimpressive, and this rendition of the theme song is not as good as the original.
***It's your money, not theIRS! (At least for a little while longer.)
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
Was hoping someone had finally made the Thundercats movie I've been calling for since 1986. Now I'm sad, Snarf, Snarf.

GiveEmHellBill
AG
As a dog person, this is all I have to say to this movie:

aTmLoKi
AG
Tobias Funke said:

Brilliant!
Satellite of Love
Are the famous people faces cgi'd on the dancer's faces? Something is really off, like Thumb Wars off.
bad_teammate said on 2/10/21:
Just imagine how 1/6 would've played out if DC hadn't had such strict gun laws.

Two people starred his post as of the time of this signature. Those 3 people are allowed to vote in the US.
Last Page
Page 1 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.