*** WILD ROSE ***

1,813 Views | 10 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by TCTTS
TCTTS
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Fantastic movie, with an amazing performance by Jessie Buckley, who some you might recognize from HBO's Chernobyl (as the wife of the firefighter). Buckley is having quite the breakout summer, and she's certainly going to be a star after this. The girl can act and sing (amazingly so), and the music in this thing is so good; it's pure country, but you've never seen it juxtaposed quite like this. This really does feel like the indie hit that could potentially explode this summer if Neon markets it right and is able capitalize on the already strong word of mouth. I'm not ashamed to say that I was in tears by the end - but this isn't a sad movie (though there are some sad parts) - and I can't wait for more people to experience it. It's currently sitting at 92% on Rotten Tomatoes, and comes out in LA and NY this weekend, but looks to start gradually expanding next weekend. Seek it out if you can. In a just world, it'll be wide by August or so if it catches on like I hope it can...

Belton Ag
AG
That girl can flat out wail. What a talent; she sounds like Janis Joplin a bit. This kind of movie isn't my thing but I'll be watching for the music.
TCTTS
AG
Out today in select Texas cities...

https://www.wildrose-movie.com/tickets/
TCTTS
AG
Anyone else give this a chance yet? I was really hoping it would catch on.
TCTTS
AG
Nice. Heard good things about Beast, and watched the trailer, but need to watch the movie itself. Good to hear.
BurnetAggie99
She covers some Stampleton

Urban Ag
AG
Hearing a Brit proclaim she should have been born an American kinda gives me a Freedom Boner.
TCTTS
ConsolTigerAg92
AG
Saw this on a plane recently. Excellent recommendation. Great movie.
TCTTS
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.