Yellowstone Season 2

45,271 Views | 239 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by mazzag
ApachePilot
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Like the show but the tactical movements at the end and the idea of having someone ride a horse straight into overlapping lanes of fire to show the others where the shooters were set up?! Wtf. Ya great plan. Something the A-Team would have tried. And like the A-Team only bad guys get hit. Enjoyed the season but that was lame
Big Al 1992
AG
denied said:

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/music-country/yellowstone-finale-country-music-songs-877745/

As for Monica being wasted this season, it all came down to her "kill them" attitude. It was showing that despite her being torn between loving Kayce and the desire to be good and true to her roots, she is more like them than not.

Scene reminded me of Rocky at Adrianne's hospital bedside in Rocky II.
Adrianne- "just one thing you can do for me - win!"
Monica - "just one thing you can do for me- kill em all"
Ulrich
With Rainwater being the only piece left on the board, I bet one of next season's big themes will be Monica's divided loyalties between family and tribe. Also I still think that one guy without the brand will end up being a Fed.
duck79
AG
I thought it was funny that the hit on Beth and Dan involved guys in tactical gear who looked trained but when they hit the compound it looked like a bunch of methheads running around with their hand on a trigger.
hillcountryag86
AG
Will someone explain John's letter naming Rip the heir apparent? I understand Jamie's relationship with John but what about Kayce? Why was he left out?
HarleySpoon
AG
duck79 said:

I thought it was funny that the hit on Beth and Dan involved guys in tactical gear who looked trained but when they hit the compound it looked like a bunch of methheads running around with their hand on a trigger.
I wondered about that as well. I guess one explanation would be that the tactical guys were eliminated and thus no longer available (nor successful for that matter) and the rednecks were available (and seemingly a bit more successful). I think the secret to the success on the militia compound was the magic marker on the horse
ApachePilot
AG
hillcountryag86 said:

Will someone explain John's letter naming Rip the heir apparent? I understand Jamie's relationship with John but what about Kayce? Why was he left out?

It's like he thought he and Kasey were going to die in the fire fight and Rip wouldn't be there so he would earn the ranch. But then at the last minute they hastily sent Rip in anyways with nothing but a fat horse with camo paint all over him to ride directly at the objective and everyone survived. Apparently Montana skinhead militia can't shoot straight or protect a fortified location. I stated above how stupid this scene was and it seems even more ridiculous and out of place in the show this am. Great show but it's like the writers went to lunch and a fifth grader took over the ending. Other than Kasey no one storming the compound was trained in small team military tactics I assume. They are Attacking an unknown location with unknown numbers and unknown fire power. I know it's a tv show but wtf. Add to which they are staged like 100 feet away from the enemy position when they engage (ride the horse down the driveway). Ya let's set up staging area for the attack within the effective range of just about any weapon system known to man in the clear open with truck lights on and a fcling white horse trailer to remove any and all tactical advantage. Why the hell wear camo if you are just charging in like John Wayne with truck lights on while all standing within maybe 50 feet of one another? I could go on but what's the point. I'm just an old 91B turned 15B, I imagine all you SF types and 11Bs just loved this operation
I Am A Critic
ApachePilot said:

hillcountryag86 said:

It's like he thought he and Kasey were going to die in the fire fight and Rip wouldn't be there so he would earn the ranch. But then at the last minute they hastily sent Rip in anyways with nothing but a fat horse with camo paint all over him to ride directly at the objective and everyone survived. Apparently Montana skinhead militia can't shoot straight or protect a fortified location. I stated above how stupid this scene was and it seems even more ridiculous and out of place in the show this am. Great show but it's like the writers went to lunch and a fifth grader took over the ending. Other than Kasey no one storming the compound was trained in small team military tactics I assume. They are Attacking an unknown location with unknown numbers and unknown fire power. I know it's a tv show but wtf. Add to which they are staged like 100 feet away from the enemy position when they engage (ride the horse down the driveway). Ya let's set up staging area for the attack within the effective range of just about any weapon system known to man in the clear open with truck lights on and a fcling white horse trailer to remove any and all tactical advantage. Why the hell wear camo if you are just charging in like John Wayne with truck lights on while all standing within maybe 50 feet of one another? I could go on but what's the point. I'm just an old 91B turned 15B, I imagine all you SF types and 11Bs just loved this operation
It's entertainment. You'd enjoy it a lot more if you don't micro-analyze every little thing.
Username checks out.
JayHowdy!
Is anyone else disappointed on how easy it was to get to the Becks? I thought that with the buildup of their characters during the season, they would have put up a bigger fight.
redag06
hillcountryag86 said:

I was under the impression John wanted Rip written in to the trust. So Rip would have a piece of the pie. He "Didn't have enough son's" to line the homes up, well he added a son and Rip will have that cabin/piece of the pie.
Mr.Bond
AG
redag06 said:

hillcountryag86 said:

I was under the impression John wanted Rip written in to the trust. So Rip would have a piece of the pie. He "Didn't have enough son's" to line the homes up, well he added a son and Rip will have that cabin/piece of the pie.
Im looking for Ray Finkle.... and a clean pair of shorts. Im just a very big Finkle fan. This is my Graceland, sir.

HouseDivided06
AG
redag06 said:

hillcountryag86 said:

This was my interpretation as well. Not that Beth, Kasey, and Jamie are getting left out, but just that Rip is now considered family officially and be part of the trust. Loved how they did it.
hillcountryag86
AG
JayHowdy! said:

Is anyone else disappointed on how easy it was to get to the Becks? I thought that with the buildup of their characters during the season, they would have put up a bigger fight.
Classic tactical error thinking you're safe on the toilet.
Charpie
AG
I really loved how Rainwater sent an Indian to help.

In the previews for season 3, Rainwater is going to get competition from a new foe within the tribe.
AgGrad99
AG

Quote:

It's entertainment. You'd enjoy it a lot more if you don't micro-analyze every little thing.
Username does not check out.

DTP02
AG
JayHowdy! said:

Yeah, the scene with Malcolm was pretty good after Costner shot him, but there was no lead up to it. We didn't even know Malcom was there, and then they cut to Costner saying "hey!" to some guy running away, he shoots him, and, oh, it's Malcolm. It was anti-climactic and just generally pointlessly rushed.
Cen-Tex
AG
One the thing show never reveals is how all of the deaths are covered up & forgotten. No media, etc.
FishrCoAg
AG
It helps when the sheriff is on your side.
Blanco Jimenez
AG
And when the main character is at the head of a statewide law enforcement agency.
ApachePilot
AG
I Am A Critic said:

ApachePilot said:

hillcountryag86 said:

I don't recall stating I didn't enjoy the show. I merely pointed out how out of place the final fight scene seemed to be and I'm hardly micro analyzing the show by stating obvious points. But whatever
MosesHallRAB04
AG
I Am A Critic said:

ApachePilot said:

hillcountryag86 said:

I thought he just left Rip the one house. Not the entire ranch. That's going to Kasey and Beth
Blanco Jimenez
AG
MosesHallRAB04 said:

I Am A Critic said:

ApachePilot said:

hillcountryag86 said:

I thought he just left Rip the one house. Not the entire ranch. That's going to Kasey and Beth
That's how I understood it too.
GIF Reactor
AG
JayHowdy! said:

Yes. I figured there would be some sort of build up to an inevitable confrontation.. Like someone else said, it felt like they were running out of time in the episode and wanted to wrap up that story line. I think they should have omitted that, so you knew Malcolm was still out there somewhere, and maybe that is in the back of John's mind. Of course, they didn't actually show him dead, just lying there in the field.
GIF Reactor
AG
ApachePilot said:

hillcountryag86 said:

I also found this strange and I have no military background. But I do remember from water gun fights in my childhood days that the element of surprise is critical.
Southlake
It did get pretty silly this year - especially the ending.

But the Western Wear was fantastic! Costner usually had at least 4 layers of shirts/jackets on,

And best line of the show obviously went to Beth:

"You're lucky, I was going to make you F#$k that mannikin..."
Ulrich
My favorite line is still from season 1:
"Leverage is knowing that if somebody had all the money in the world, this is what they'd buy."

My favorite Beth quote:
Thug: We don't care if he's scared. We're here to scare you.
Beth: Best of ****in' luck.

Rip: There's sharks and minnows in this world, Jimmy, and if you don't know which one you are, then you ain't a ****in' shark.
MooreTrucker
AG
Electrical_Ag said:

JayHowdy! said:

Yes. I figured there would be some sort of build up to an inevitable confrontation.. Like someone else said, it felt like they were running out of time in the episode and wanted to wrap up that story line. I think they should have omitted that, so you knew Malcolm was still out there somewhere, and maybe that is in the back of John's mind. Of course, they didn't actually show him dead, just lying there in the field.
It is a TV show, after all. I wouldn't be surprised if he shows up not dead in the future.

Other thoughts having jumped in at the end of the thread and SIAP, but:

- That bomb in the airplane thing was kinda pointless since it was never used
- What really happened to the girl wrangler/groomer? She just kinda disappeared with no explanation.

Best line from Beth, as she's trying to emasculate the guy that's trying to rape her...she looks down at him between her legs and says "Thought so".
gigemJTH12
AG
AgGrad99 said:

I like this show, but I wish they'd slow down a bit. The story lines pop up and disappear so dang quick. They need to make this more of a slow burn.

I like the redemption part of Jimmy. Glad he's finally good at something and like that the old man is so invested in him. I was getting tired of him always just being whipping post.

Beth wears me out. I kinda roll my eyes every time she pops onto the scene, because her personality is soooo over the top, all the time, it's hard for me to buy it anymore.

I like Jamie's son, and hearing him explain that he's decided to be a Cowboy. Him talking about the horse non-stop was great.

Kayce's wife, Monica...she wears me out too. She left Kayce, decides she's all in with him, and immediately goes back to worrying/pestering about the same stuff. Good gosh already.

Just finished the show. This pretty much nails it for me. Beth and Monica both wear me the F out. Monica is just miserable.

What happened to the blonde politician? After two episodes this season they just forgot about her.
mazzag
AG
Monica is miserable.

Best line is something about who cares about the first bull rider, wonder about the second.
Hey Nav
AG
Looks like the new season starts Sunday, June 21.

Hope it's entertaining - been watching lots of TV the past few months.
mazzag

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.