Movies/shows that you "should" like, but don't? (And vice-versa)

6,391 Views | 79 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by boy09
Some Junkie Cosmonaut
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
what i see in this thread is a lot of folks that think they should have good taste, but really don't and haven't come to grips with it yet.
Goat Man
AG
I get why Mad Men is not popular with everyone. It is character driven and a very slow burn. But damn I loved that series.
Madmarttigan
AG
I have zero interest in watching Toy Story 4.

Enjoyed the first couple as a kid, but haven't ever felt like rewatching 1-3 in years and don't care much anymore about the series.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Now this is truly strange.
Madmarttigan
AG
Oh I know I'll get roasted but I seriously don't care about it.
oragator
I am surprised and relieved to see so many others bring up the office.
Someone mentioned the social awkwardness, which I had never really thought about but agree on.
But, and I know this is blasphemy to some here...Michael Scott was completely unwatchable for me. In a show filled with great office stereotypes, his was completely unrealistic, and just downright annoying. I get that was his purpose to a large extent, but that's all he was. I mean the second episode would have gotten him fired from any company in America (Diversity Day), and that was just a warmup act for the things he did later. Nothing he ever did had consequence.

I also agree on mad men, I tried.,,clearly well written but just not my thing. Made it through season 1, but stopped there.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
I think he's just a bit too cartoony and ridiculous, for me.

Whereas David Brent is believable, which makes the awkardness that much more cringey.

To be fair, I greatly prefer Ricky Gervais to Carrell as a comedic actor.
Bruce Almighty
AG
The British Office is great. I thought the American version was ok. I watched the first two seasons and quit.
jkag89
Tanya 93 said:

Should like and don't

It's a Wonderful Life

Sad thing is you're pretty much correct on the rest of the should like but don't list.
Hincemm
AG
boy09
AG
WestAustinAg said:

Dunkirk had all the makings of a great move....and yet it fell mostly flat. Unnecessarily confusing. Too buttoned up. Safe.

It looked great and was boring as hell.

I tried so many times to watch Veep. It's a show that should be right up my alley, and I just... don't like it.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.