I Am Mother - Netflix

3,203 Views | 17 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by GreasenUSA
lazuras_dc
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Just caught it in Netflix. 90% RT. Not bad, I'd say. Interesting enough story and suspense. for me it was almost a reverse role Ex Machina
Sex Panther
AG
Solid little sci-fi flick... Young actress was great
Vince Blake
I'm going to have to check this out. I absolutely love good, subtle sci-fi movies like Moon, Primer, Deus Ex Machina etc.
Sex Panther
AG
It reminded me a lot of Moon
agdoc2001
AG
Sex Panther said:

It reminded me a lot of Moon

And I'm sold!
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Hogties
AG
I enjoyed it. It wasn't so obvious from the beginning where it was going. It was pretty slickly done with the cgi of Mother.
Ol_Ag_02
AG
Would recommend!
tehmackdaddy
AG
Hogties said:

I enjoyed it. It wasn't so obvious from the beginning where it was going. It was pretty slickly done with the cgi of Mother.
Did you watch the trailer? It made the plot seem pretty obvious, unless that is an incorrect assumption.
Ol_Ag_02
AG
tehmackdaddy said:

Hogties said:

Did you watch the trailer? It made the plot seem pretty obvious, unless that is an incorrect assumption.

I kind of thought that from the trailer as well, but the plot passes up the trailer quickly enough for me.
easttexasaggie04
AG
I enjoyed this movie. I'm a sucker for this genre.
dummble
AG
Do we agree that Hilary was APX-01 and that mother was doing some sort of test on her and APX-03?
Hogties
AG
tehmackdaddy said:

Hogties said:

No trailer. Just watched based on the one sentence synopsis that Netflix showed. I like going in cold on shows. Rarely get to anymore.
Ol_Ag_02
AG
dummble said:

Do we agree that Hilary was APX-01 and that mother was doing some sort of test on her and APX-03?

That is correct.
Sex Panther
AG
I thought that they were clones. It sure seemed like they were intentionally supposed to look really similar. My take was that all the female embryos were the same (and assumed the same for the males).
lazuras_dc
AG
I thought they looked a like as well and crossed my mind to think they they were related somehow.

So the theory goes - robot raised apx01 then she leaves and lives with the other folks for a while. Robots kill them and allow apx01 to live and manipulated her to coming back to compound to test Is the jaw bone apx03 finds real and the robot killed the kiddos , or part of the test ?

Liquid Wrench

Quote:

Is the jaw bone apx03 finds real and the robot killed the kiddos , or part of the test ?
I assumed it was real. There had to be some significance to Mother's tests and telling Daughter that she was doing well. So I took the human remains to mean that there had been previous attempts that did not go well, including Hillary the runaway, and that's why Hillary wanted to get her away. Mother's confidence in this version is why she had started planting crops and was ready to start a family. Those little things like making sure Daughter knew how to make the formula and all that were so she could take over raising the family.

The end did leave me questioning how Daughter could take over the crop-growing and everything without Mother's assistance. Seemed rash to just have her shut down.
oragator
Was ok, but it could have been a half hour shorter and lost nothing,
And most of the movie was telegraphed. Anyone who knows math knows that when she was 18 or whatever age she was supposed to be and they say it was day 13100 or whatever it was, that mother had been lying. And the whole movie it was obvious that the two looked alike, so there was synergy there somehow. And when you saw the test questions, they were basic psychology, so it was clear she was being evaluated for her progress.

FtBendTxAg
AG
Wasn't bad.

Didn't expect to like it because my wife picked it, and she sucks, but I made it all the way through.
GreasenUSA
AG
Very enjoyable. It's hard to find an original sci fi these days that is this good.

Agree with the previous poster who mentioned that it was telegraphed.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.