All in the Family/Jeffersons

1,971 Views | 14 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by AgFormerlyInIrving
oldvalleyrat
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I used to watch both of these shows often. They were great comedy. Too bad these remakes were terrible. Of the many awful things were the fact that virtually all the actors didn't match the parts they played, and mostly overplayed the part. Just a sad show.
C@LAg
Sine poena nulla lex.
oldvalleyrat
AG
Good point...guess I was just hoping.
Know Your Enemy
AG
I only saw bits & pieces during commercials on the Cubs game but what I saw I liked. Jamie Foxx was definitely overdoing it but I found it funny. I'd like to find this online somewhere and watch the whole thing.
Dad
AG
I grew up watching reruns of The Jeffersons. I don't think anyone could play George Jefferson and do what I think is a good job of it. Sherman Hemsley was brilliant in the role, IMO.
PooDoo
AG
Was Kevin Hart busy?
bert harbinson
AG
Jamie Foxx at least sounded a lot like George, even though he overplayed it and was absurdly tall (as was his mother). Wanda Sykes and Woody Harrelson were terrible. Marisa Tomei did a credible Edith. It was ok, but they were all trying too hard.
expresswrittenconsent
Its not like Americans in the late 70s/early 80s were watching the jeffersons and talking about what a truly great show it was. It was a cheezy sitcom that had classic 70/80s "very special" episodes like all sitcoms did where some serious societal issue was addressed. Saved by the Bell famously tackled caffeine pills and I remember the Jeffersons had an episode where a guy in a bunny costume tried to rape weezy.
$240 Worth of Pudding
AG
expresswrittenconsent said:

Its not like Americans in the late 70s/early 80s were watching the jeffersons and talking about what a truly great show it was. It was a cheezy sitcom that had classic 70/80s "very special" episodes like all sitcoms did where some serious societal issue was addressed. Saved by the Bell famously tackled caffeine pills and I remember the Jeffersons had an episode where a guy in a bunny costume tried to rape weezy.

Yeah that's my least favorite part of "A Christmas Story".
oragator

Great to see Norman Lear and Marla Gibbs.
PooDoo
AG
Watched it tonight... I enjoyed it. Jamie Foxx messed up and started riffing during All In The Family. Woody Harrelson had to turn around to hide his laughter.
JBAggie00
Who was meathead?
$240 Worth of Pudding
AG
JBAggie00 said:

Who was meathead?

Ike Barinholtz
Macarthur
I looked at 'on demand' last night and couldn't find it. Wonder if it's going to be available to stream?
Andyzipp
AG
Macarthur said:

I looked at 'on demand' last night and couldn't find it. Wonder if it's going to be available to stream?

It's on Hulu.
AgFormerlyInIrving
AG
Marla Gibbs' appearance made the show worth watching.

Love her!
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.