Terminator: Dark Fate

32,307 Views | 286 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by TXAG 05
TCTTS
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Yes. No one had any idea. At the risk of sounding like Redstone, I've known about it for a few weeks now. Since mid-June. Buddy of mine worked on it.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
TCTTS said:

Yes. No one had any idea. At the risk of sounding like Redstone, I've known about it for a few weeks now. Since mid-June. Buddy of mine worked on it.
Wait a minute, you're NOT Redstone?
TCTTS
AG
Congratulations on being the 1000th person to make this joke.
TCTTS
AG
Speaking of, I haven't seen Redstone on here in a while...
wangus12
AG
Careful. If you say his name several times he'll appear
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
Description of the footage from IO9

"In the Terminator universe there is only one timeline," director Miller explained, noting that he's a fan of Avengers: Endgame but that's not what Dark Fate would be doing with its approach to time travel. Instead, Dark Fatewhich is officially R-rated, because "the DNA of Terminator is an R-rated ****in' movie," per Millerwill show Sarah Connor living with, and dealing with, the consequences of the end of Judgment Day and her decision to destroy Cyberdyne Systems.
"The richness of my life experience is only going to enhance the character I play," Hamilton said, explaining why she finally decided to do the movie after taking a long time to decide. While Sarah Connor's buff physique is a memorable part of Judgment Day, and by all accounts Hamilton definitely kicks ass in Dark Fate, the actor also explained that the most difficult part of her preparations this time around were more internal.
"The hard work I did was the deep exploration of a woman who's an outsider whose life hasn't worked out...I had to go to my deepest sorrows and places of deepest loss, and that's what makes Sarah Connor, Sarah Connor." Hamilton also called Miller "the most honest and true director I've ever worked with."
Schwarzenegger (who's appeared in other Terminator films since Judgment Day, of course, but those won't factor into the plot of Dark Fate) had far less hesitation. "Of course I was going to come back. I'm addicted to Terminator," he said.
The panel wrapped up with new footage, starting with a freeway chase that's mostly a highway chase, Terminator-on-Terminator battle with Davis and Luna's characters battling with pipes, tools, whatever they can find on the road. Davis (whose character says in a later clip "I am human, just enhanced!") is a definite badass, but Luna's character shows off all kinds of cyborg innovations that we've glimpsed in the trailers, including making a robot-skeleton duplicate of himself. He's gaining the upper hand, trying to take out Davis to get to Reyes' character, until another vehicle pulls up and Sarah pulls up, guns blazing, taking care of business, and making the famous line her own: "I'll be back!" as she drops a grenade on the Terminator and walks away in slow motion.
A later, much quieter scene, shows Sarah explaining her life so far to Reyes and Davis' characters. Basically, it boils down to "My name is Sarah Connor, I stopped Judgement Day with my son in 1997, and now I hunt Terminators." She also says "You're welcome" for saving three billion lives. We also get a tease of why she's so intent on protecting Reyes' character: "I was her and it sucks...when I was about her age a Terminator was sent to kill me."
Speaking of, we also meet Schwarzenegger's character, living what looks like a quiet life in a cabin in the woods. "Sarah Connor. I can see you're very upset," is how he greets his former nemesis. We also learn he's got a new name now: Carl. "I'm never gonna ****in call you Carl," Sarah mutters. She also tells "Carl," "when this is all over I am going to kill you," to which he answers, "I understand." But Sarah's real ire is saved for Luna's character; when he asks why she just won't hand over Reyes' character, her response is: "Because we're not machines, you metal mother****er."
As you'd expect from Terminator, there are huge set pieces in Dark Fate. We caught a glimpse of a gunfight underwater. A scene off the back of some kind of jumbo jet, in which Carl unloads a machine gun on the new Terminator's face. Something that almost looked like a huge prison break, as well flashbacks to Davis' character in a war, just to name a few.
Icecream_Ag
S
TCTTS said:

Speaking of, I haven't seen Redstone on here in a while...
He moved to forum 16 last I saw
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Redstone
AG
Really? That's it? People in the industry have been talking about this for a while. Obviously you're in the industry, and some people are more inside than others...but just a few weeks?
TCTTS
AG
wangus12 said:

Careful. If you say his name several times he'll appear
It's real!
Redstone
AG
Anyone who is on auditing at CCINT knows what's going on. Not exactly a secret.
TCTTS
AG
It's looking like they're keeping the trailer a Comic-Con attendee exclusive and giving us this instead, which does feature a good amount of new footage...

Redstone
AG
Very glad to see echoes of the refashioned Ocean'11, Ghostbusters, and Marvel Universe (Captain Marvel) here...

Hollywood is finally moving away from "traditional" action. Long time coming.
GiveEmHellBill
AG
Redstone said:

Very glad to see echoes of the refashioned Ocean'11, Ghostbusters, and Marvel Universe (Captain Marvel) here...

Hollywood is finally moving away from "traditional" action. Long time coming.

Even for you, this is a pi$$ poor troll effort.

Step up your game. That was pathetic.
GiveEmHellBill
AG

This just has a 90 second behind the scenes part at the beginning with some new footage.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
This is just a combination of the featurette and the old trailer.
jokershady
AG
So this got posted today....100% officially confirming rumors and speculation that Edward Furlong will in fact be in T3 as John Conner in a small role and not some CGI face with a voice.

This video is an audio clip of a panel that took place yesterday with Ed taking a question on his possible role in the film

So that's cool!
TCTTS
AG
Today is August 29.

Judgment Day was 22 year ago today... August 29, 1997.

To mark the occasion, the new trailer and poster...

jokershady
AG
For some reason I got hit in the feels a little with this trailer.....don't know if it was a sense of nostalgia.....James Cameron....the music.....or what

But I am now definitely looking forward to this
Post removed:
by user
This trailer, for some reason, does bring me back to the original two terminator movies. I was going to wait for Red Box after seeing the first trailer, but now I may see it in theaters.
Malachi Constant
AG
They were channeling the music from 28 days later for sure.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
A very fan-made looking poster.
Hopefully this movie does justice to the character Linda Hamilton created in T2. Admittedly I have not seen every action movie since, but no female performance in that kind of movie has ever come close to toppling her from #1 on my list for bad-ass woman in a movie. I'm sure it doesn't hurt that I was 17 the year T2 came out - it's about the perfect summer movie for me. Is the short-haired woman supposed to be some sort of hybrid of a terminator and younger Sarah Connor? And I'm sure she's really good with her hook and chain, but that doesn't seem like the greatest weapon against the killing machines.

Every time I see Arnold open the door to the Grizzly Adams Terminator cabin, all I think is - does he have subroutines that pick his clothing and home decor? Heck, why is he even wearing clothing inside - it's not like he's getting hot or cold.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Did they drop this at 11 last night? Weird time to drop a trailer. Hearing great things.
jokershady
AG
Even in the original two films the machines knew they needed clothes to blend in.

Hell, Arnie ripped Bill Paxton's heart out for some 80s denim in the first one
TCTTS
AG
TCTTS
AG
TCTTS
AG

TCTTS
AG
TCTTS
AG
TCTTS
AG
TCTTS
AG
TCTTS
AG
TCTTS
AG

TCTTS
AG

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.