Terminator: Dark Fate

32,557 Views | 286 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by TXAG 05
AMW2010
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
HeadGames said:

Yeah, yawn. I don't blame the movie, I blame the countless lackluster sequels.

I'll still prolly go see it. Lol

That was my EXACTE thoughts, I feel like this would have been good a few years ago had there not have been all the other terminator movies
elfurioso92
AG
Zombie Jon Snow said:

dromo07 said:

Is Genesis the one where they gave the biggest twist/spoiler of the movie in the trailer?
yep
I had forgotten about that, can't believe they put that in the trailer.

Also, I believe James Cameron did some publicity where he said it was a return to his vision for the series or something like that. Doesn't bode well for this next film.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
What'd they give away in the Genisys trailer? Can't even remember it.
elfurioso92
AG
It showed a scene that revealed John Conner was a terminator.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Render
AG
They should do a movie about old Conan, not old Terminator.
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
Render said:

They should do a movie about old Conan, not old Terminator.

Conan the Octogenarian.

Eliminatus
AG
TCTTS said:

Nothing will ever top the T-1000 liquid metal. That movie is 28 years old. How do the effects still look better than this? How have they not been able to top even the concept of liquid metal in all that time?
It's why it was always be in my top 3 of all time. Incredible everything but I watch it now and it STILL holds up effects wise to the "best" they make nowadays. If anything I appreciate it more and more as I get older.
TCTTS
AG
This all reminded me... when I had my first internship in LA, summer '03, my family came out and we went to Universal Studios and did the big T2 show, in which Linda Hamilton starred (all pre-shot footage, of course). I lived Malibu that summer, and when we got back from Universal, we went and got ice cream at this place called Malibu Yo. We got our ice cream, and on the way out... Linda Hamilton walks in. We finished our ice cream on a table outside and then she came out and sat at the table next to us, alone. Was so surreal.

That was the same trip, within an hour of my parents, sisters, and grandma arriving, we saw Pamela Anderson out walking around Pepperdine, were the only people in a tiny Malibu Coffee Bean with Bruce Willis, and then saw Mark Wahlberg not five minutes later outside of Nobu. I've never had a run like that since, and my family was so stoked - they thought that's just how LA/Malibu is, with celebrities around every corner. Pretty funny.
TCTTS
AG
Actually, getting to opportunity to rewatch T2 with a "purpose" might actually get me in the theater to see this. Haven't rewatched it in so long, and you saying all that definitely makes me want to.
Render
AG
jbsj9698 said:

Would someone please put this franchise out of its misery?

Yeah, they need to realize that there's nothing new they can do with the franchise.* It's a very contained concept.

(*I got in trouble for saying the same thing about SW, so as a concession I'll say there's probably nothing new they can do with the franchise.)
Post removed:
by user
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Where does T2 rank among action movies, all time?
spag.ag2003
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Where does T2 rank among action movies, all time?
It's #1 for me - absolutely relentless and despite the T-1000 CGI I'm guessing it's 90%+ practical effects.
JD Shellnut
AG
The original one is still my favorite. I loved kyles iconic Nike's from the movie!
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
T2 battles it out with Matrix for #1, for me.

The trailer really could've used this.
jr15aggie
AG
Frak, that looks terrible!
Brandamne
Yet another wet fart in the Terminator franchise. Not even any of the classic theme in the trailer.
Boo Weekley
GiveEmHellBill said:

That's the Evil Terminator?

Well, we're off to an awful start.
Should have just gone with this guy...

I hope there's an explanation for casting a weak looking beta male to play the role of ultimate killer. Prob to blend in with society better and be more unassuming?
Post removed:
by user
Zombie Jon Snow
AG

According to my adult-ish son - Gabriel Luna the actor - is really good as Ghost Rider on Agents of Shield and a good actor. I have no basis to judge that statement but my son usually isn't wrong about these things.

jabberwalkie09
AG
Zombie Jon Snow said:

According to my adult-ish son - Gabriel Luna the actor - is really good as Ghost Rider on Agents of Shield and a good actor. I have no basis to judge that statement but my son usually isn't wrong about these things.

I vaguely remember the season, and he was a good ghost rider.
bobinator
AG
BrandonC said:

Not even any of the classic theme in the trailer.
It is kind of annoying you have this kind of theme song to drop into the trailer and you don't even use it.

Saxsoon
AG
Gabriel Luna was a badass in Shield and one of the best improvements the show had done.
Fighting Texas Aggie Class of 2012
SJEAg
AG

Quote:

Quote:

BrandonC said:
Not even any of the classic theme in the trailer.
It is kind of annoying you have this kind of theme song to drop into the trailer and you don't even use it.

I remember the original T3 teaser. No footage...just the theme and doing liquid metal things with the titlecard. I was soooo excited by that.
easttexasaggie04
AG
T2 was/is so badass.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
third coast.. said:

What is this, terminator 7: girl power?

Nobody tell him T2 was a girl power movie.
Post removed:
by user
Brian Earl Spilner
AG

Fixed.
AgMarauder04
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

third coast.. said:

What is this, terminator 7: girl power?

Nobody tell him T2 was a girl power movie.

Was it? Because of Linda Hamilton?
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Tbh I was just trying to be funny. But yes.
double aught
AG
Zombie Jon Snow said:

dromo07 said:

Is Genesis the one where they gave the biggest twist/spoiler of the movie in the trailer?
yep
Salvation is also a correct answer. In the trailer, they revealed that Sam Worthington was a Terminator, to his own surprise.
Laser Wolf
From the YouTube trailer comments:

LGBT-1000 vs T-JUAN Thousand
YouBet
AG
Boo Weekley said:

Time to hit the treadmill Vinyard!

Ive always wondered what a fat version of a Johnny Depp / Gollum hybrid humanoid would look like.

It finally came to fruition. Thanks for posting!

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.