Terminator: Dark Fate

32,574 Views | 286 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by TXAG 05
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Cinco Ranch Aggie
AG
That doesn't wow me.
schmendeler
AG
ATM1876 said:

looks like it might be good, but the shot of linda hamilton getting out of the car with the gun makes me think of the carol keaton rylander commercials: one tough grandma.
HeadGames
AG
Yeah, yawn. I don't blame the movie, I blame the countless lackluster sequels.

I'll still prolly go see it. Lol
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
It kind of looks like "more of the same", to me. It almost looks like the T-1000 from Genisys.

And hasn't the whole "terminator who thinks it's human" thing been done already with Salvation? Kind of weird to ignore the sequels but rip off their story beats.

I will say that one action scene on the plane looks like it might be pretty cool.

Overall I'm cautiously optimistic, only because of Cameron producing.
GiveEmHellBill
AG
That's the Evil Terminator?

Well, we're off to an awful start.
Flashdiaz
AG
yeah the new terminator doesn't look menacing at all...

to be fair though, the whole reason terminators have human skin is so they can blend in and this guy blends in like a mofo.
elfurioso92
AG
It's interesting that Cameron and Linda Hamilton are involved but I don't really have any expectation that this will be more compelling than the other post T2 sequels.
SJEAg
AG
Surprised Hamilton and Cameron are both involved - wasn't their divorce extremely nasty? Makes me wonder how involved Cameron actually is. He's been pretty busy with the Avatars I imagine.
chipotle
ATM1876 said:

Huh?

Straight to DVD
jbsj9698
AG
Wow, that looks terrible.
Gigem314
AG
GiveEmHellBill said:

That's the Evil Terminator?

Well, we're off to an awful start.
He's the evil Terminator IT guy judging you with his eyes as you ask him to connect your printer...
Dro07
AG
So John Connor doesn't matter anymore and this pregnant chick has the new messiah?
easttexasaggie04
AG
I was really rooting for this to be good. After watching the teaser I'll for sure be watching on Netflix in a year or so.
jbsj9698
AG
Would someone please put this franchise out of its misery?
Flashdiaz
AG
John probably knocked that girl up and she's having a boy and they'll call him John.

Hope I didn't spoil the big plot twist for you.
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
Flashdiaz said:

John probably knocked that girl up and she's having a boy and they'll call him John.

Hope I didn't spoil the big plot twist for you.

I'm not sure... post the vegas odds.

jabberwalkie09
AG
On Reddit, Schwarzenegger apparently posted it to r/movies himself. And then the comments section became an unofficial AMA.

https://www.reddit.com/r/movies/comments/bs2n3o/were_back_heres_your_terminator_dark_fate_trailer/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=ios_app
JD Shellnut
AG
The girl terminator is kinda sexy.
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
jabberwalkie09 said:

On Reddit, Schwarzenegger apparently posted it to r/movies himself. And then the comments section became an unofficial AMA.

https://www.reddit.com/r/movies/comments/bs2n3o/were_back_heres_your_terminator_dark_fate_trailer/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=ios_app

very cool
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Quote:

Did y'all know how hilarious COMMANDO was (in a great way!) while filming it?
Quote:

As soon as I carried a thousand pound log with one arm I knew it was funny. But let me share the scenes you didn't see that I tried to get in.

I wanted to cut off a guy's arm and kill him with it. This wasn't in the script. He would throw a knife at me and after he missed, while his arm was still extended, I chop it off at the shoulder with a machete and beat him to death with it. Needless to say, I was asked by the head of the studio, Larry Gordon to come to his office. And he said "what the **** is the matter with you? Do you want to make money with this movie or an x-rated movie?"

I said "you're right" and he said "get the **** out of my office."
Holy ***** That's awesome.
Flashdiaz
AG
maybe she'll enhance herself like the T3 Terminator

Zombie Jon Snow
AG
Drifter. said:

The girl terminator is kinda sexy.

Mackenzie Davis.

From the excellent "Halt and Catch Fire" TV series with Lee Pace (Ronan from GotG etc.) and Scoot McNairy (True Detective S3)

and "The Martian" movie with Matt Damon as one of the NASA mission control people

among other roles - Tully, Blade Runner 2049
Dro07
AG
Bet she's knocked up with a girl
bobinator
AG
I actually think making the terminators 'blend in' a bit more could be cool. I always loved the joke about how you create these robots to infiltrate the resistance and they're 6-4 and speak with an Austrian accent.

I'm just not sure how much new ground there is in this franchise, so I'll be interesting to hear what the basic plot mechanics of this movie are.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Joan Connor
John Matrix
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Quote:

Did y'all know how hilarious COMMANDO was (in a great way!) while filming it?
Quote:

As soon as I carried a thousand pound log with one arm I knew it was funny. But let me share the scenes you didn't see that I tried to get in.

I wanted to cut off a guy's arm and kill him with it. This wasn't in the script. He would throw a knife at me and after he missed, while his arm was still extended, I chop it off at the shoulder with a machete and beat him to death with it. Needless to say, I was asked by the head of the studio, Larry Gordon to come to his office. And he said "what the **** is the matter with you? Do you want to make money with this movie or an x-rated movie?"

I said "you're right" and he said "get the **** out of my office."
Holy ***** That's awesome.
I've never been prouder of my username.
TCTTS
AG
I still somehow haven't seen Genisys, and after this trailer, I don't know if I'll be seeing this either.
TCTTS
AG
Nothing will ever top the T-1000 liquid metal. That movie is 28 years old. How do the effects still look better than this? How have they not been able to top even the concept of liquid metal in all that time?
jokershady
AG
jabberwalkie09 said:

seriously y'all need to read this...pretty ****in awesome
GiveEmHellBill
AG
TCTTS said:

I still somehow haven't seen Genisys, and after this trailer, I don't know if I'll be seeing this either.
Now that this movie is happening, there is literally no reason for that movie to even exist anymore.
Dro07
AG
Is Genesis the one where they gave the biggest twist/spoiler of the movie in the trailer?
TXAG 05
AG
TCTTS said:

You did not miss anything, other than the recreations of some scenes from the original. And the direction they went was just terrible.
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
dromo07 said:

Is Genesis the one where they gave the biggest twist/spoiler of the movie in the trailer?
yep

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.