*** Downton Abbey (Film) ***

693 Views | 8 Replies | Last: 3 hrs ago by scd88
OCEN99
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
PlanoAggie
AG
Wife and I are excited for this one!
MAROON
AG
Loved this show. Mr Carson might be my favorite character ever. Had the luck of getting to attend a dinner at the Castle with the entire cast a few years ago. Really one of the coolest events I've ever had the pleasure to attend.
What do you boys want for breakfast BBQ ?.....OK Chili.
annie88
AG
MAROON said:

Loved this show. Mr Carson might be my favorite character ever. Had the luck of getting to attend a dinner at the Castle with the entire cast a few years ago. Really one of the coolest events I've ever had the pleasure to attend.
Oh cool! How lucky for you, what a great experience. Can't wait for this.

On a sidenote, it was very weird seeing Carson playing a corrupt Pope in Knightfall the last two seasons.
PlanoAggie
AG
Wife and I saw an early screening of it last night -- it was awesome!! If you're a big Downton fan, you will really enjoy it! We didn't want the movie to end.
Pignorant
AG
Saw it last night as well.

Doesn't miss a beat!
ATM1876
AG
That was awesome! I binged the series a few years ago and this is a perfect example of how you do a movie after the end of a tv show. This thing is brisk, it gets up to speed immediately and the two hours flew right by, the majority of which the entire audience is smiling and laughing throughout. There's so much going on that it feels like they managed to cram an entire season within the movie and give most of the characters plenty of screen time. The whole thing is just so much fun that when it's over I immediately wanted to watch the next movie that they're clearly setting up to do, which is odd because when I finished the series I never imagined that I would enjoy a follow-up movie so much.

I saw it in Dolby Cinema at my local AMC and that's clearly just a ploy to squeeze a few extra dollars out of you. There's no use of the rumble seats whatsoever and nothing in the movie that warrants the extra cost if you're not an A-List member, so if you're trying to decide if it's worth it you're not missing anything if you see it on a regular screen.
Emotional Support Cobra
AG
My cute parents went on a date to see it today! Movie at 2, dinner at 4 and home by 6!
scd88
AG
Saw it tonight and it was good. Felt like a long episode and that's about it.

If one has never seen the TV show or kept up with it; it won't make a lick of sense. Finish the series and then go see the movie.
Page 1 of 1

Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.