TCTTS - make this a movie

9,048 Views | 113 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by bearamedic99
TCTTS
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Actually, this might be the PERFECT incorporate-TexAgs-into-the-process model I've always wanted to try in developing a movie. Right now, it's like 50% of a movie, but would require a decent amount of research to even see if there's an actual, compelling, sellable movie there. I've just never had the time to do the necessary research... but the TexAgs hive-mind does. Trust me, this would be RIGHT UP everyone's alley, in so many ways. I have the title, I have the scenario, I have the backdrop, and I have the exact time period. All based on a very specific event. There's just one crucial "missing" element that would need to be researched. But if it works, we're talking about an all-timer...
schmendeler
AG
TCTTS said:

I've got a better A&M football movie I've kept tucked away in my back pocket for years. I don't know if I'll ever do it, as the story would have to be embellished ever so slightly, and would require a ton of research, but man, it would be epic...
paper: the story of the listeater
TCTTS
AG
Let me wrap up this current project I'm on (I'm finishing the second draft this weekend), and then I might throw up a post on this idea and see how much traction it gets...
TCTTS
AG
Godzilla vs. Listeater

Summer 2022.
BowSowy
AG
TCTTS said:

Actually, this might be the PERFECT incorporate-TexAgs-into-the-process model I've always wanted to try in developing a movie. Right now, it's like 50% of a movie, but would require a decent amount of research to even see if there's an actual, compelling, sellable movie there. I've just never had the time to do the necessary research... but the TexAgs hive-mind does. Trust me, this would be RIGHT UP everyone's alley, in so many ways. I have the title, I have the scenario, I have the backdrop, and I have the exact time period. All based on a very specific event. There's just one crucial "missing" element that would need to be researched. But if it works, we're talking about an all-timer...
Junction Boys 2?
TCTTS
AG
Except we're updating it for a more modern, urban audience to help reign in recruits...

Junction Boyz n the Hood
Furlock Bones
AG
TCTTS said:

Except we're updating it for a more modern, urban audience to help reign in recruits...

Junction Boyz n the Hood
will have SLABs with swangas instead of a drop top beetle.
'03ag
TCTTS said:

This has to be about that time someone put a giant ***** on the roughneck statue outside of Richardson.
Quad Dog
AG
Cotton Bowl
TCTTS
AG
Nope.

Trust me, no one here is going to guess it. It's not a well-known event, and took randomly piecing together various bits of info for an unrelated research project when I worked for the athletic department years and years ago. Some of you may know aspects of the story, but not the whole story. Thats the only reason I've ever been hesitant about about saying anything publicly about it is because no one really knows about it. But now, it's probably better to just throw it all up in a thread and see what comes of it. No one's going to "steal" this idea because I'm literally the person best situated to even attempt trying to get it made at this point. That, and a thread would actually go a long way toward establishing clear "ownership."
Legal Custodian
AG
Well you've definitely peaked my interest. I like to guess though, do you mind giving a hint and saying what decade this story happened?
Quad Dog
AG
Probably not it, but a drama set in the QB room of Sumlin after Johnny would be interesting (so would a documentary).
Legal Custodian
AG
Quad Dog said:

Cotton Bowl

I've never looked at this picture quite close enough before, but it looks like Gene is trying to gouge out that guy's eye.
TCTTS
AG
Actually, give me a few hours. Let me finish up these scenes I'm working on for this other project, then I think I can get it all up in a thread in like an hour at some point tonight (though it might be late tonight). If I give the time period, and someone does happen to guess it, I'd rather be in control of the narrative a bit more, before everyone starts chiming in and what not. If I'm going to do this, I just want to do it right...
Legal Custodian
AG
TCTTS said:

Actually, give me a few hours. Let me finish up these scenes I'm working on for this other project, then I think I can get it all up in a thread in like an hour at some point tonight (though it might be late tonight). If I give the time period, and someone does happen to guess it, I'd rather be in control of the narrative a bit more, before everyone starts chiming in and what not. If I'm going to do this, I just want to do it right...
Fair enough
MW03
AG
How much of your time is wasted by people suggesting obvious things? I can imagine this scenario:

Friend: TCTTS, I just read this mind blowing book that would totally make an excellent movie.

TCTTS: (Sighs.) Oh yeah? What is it?

Friend: It's this really obscure book a friend told me about. I don't think anyone else has even read this thing.

TCTTS: Really? What is it?

Friend: It's this book about this guy that was totally murdering people. Only, it was like in the 1800s or something. He built a dungeon and everything -

TCTTS: Devil In the White City?

Friend: - And the city is trying to hold this famous carnival and junk and -

TCTTS: World's Fair, actually.

Friend: - and like nobody knows who's doing it, but everyone is trying to still hold the carnival despite all these people being murdered and stuff. It's awesome. It'd make an incredible movie. It's called Devil in the White City.

TCTTS: Yes, I've heard of it.

Friend: Oh, yeah? Don't you think it wold be an awesome movie?

TCTTS: Yes. That's probably why Leonardo DiCaprio bought the rights to it, and Scorsese and he are producing a mini-series about it.

Friend: Oh. Well you should totally check it out.
TCTTS
AG
Ha, YES. You have no idea. That's the other big eye-roller, as if some massively popular book wasn't scooped up before it even hit book shelves - or - that we could even afford said massively popular book if we somehow had the inside track. Eventually, we'd of course LOVE to be in those conversations, but we're not there yet.
TCTTS
AG
Actually, that's not entirely true. We did recently land a huge book, but it was a crazy, one in a million scenario, and we didn't even have to spend a dime. The deal is almost closed, and once it is, I can probably talk about it. We didn't expect to find ourselves in a situation like this for another couple of years, at least, but man, I can't even begin to describe how crazy this situation is.
Liquid Wrench
Seattle has one you might also find intriguing: https://texags.com/forums/12/topics/3037218/
TCTTS
AG
Combine elements of this with Shane's story, and it's pure gold.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Why has there never been a Catcher in the Rye Hollywood adaptation?
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Also, since you say it's an unknown story, I'm guessing not bonfire related?
Liquid Wrench
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Why has there never been a Catcher in the Rye Hollywood adaptation?
Salinger refused. His heirs could sell the rights if they want to. I agree with him, though, that it likely wouldn't translate well to film.
TCTTS
AG
No, not bonfire related.
ThunderCougarFalconBird
AG
TCTTS said:

Godzilla vs. Listeater

Summer 2022.
I thought you worked on saleable movies. That would be over in like 7 minutes to be believable when she stuns Godzilla with the toxic fart and then suffocates him out with the classic sitting on the head.
ThunderCougarFalconBird
AG
Seriously, I have an interesting story about a guy I sued (on behalf of a client) years ago that had run a massive renewable energy fraud, hid tons of extremely cool art type assets, narrowly escaped the country with his family, and ultimately got pipped in Guatemala under fake citizenship and a pseudonym.

I've worked and worked on an outline to design a fiction novel based on the true story material, but I'm wrestling with picking a protagonist, what to do with the plot line, and how to end it. He's currently serving like 15-20 years in club fed. I've thought about going to visit him to see if he will do an interview. I think he's just in Bastrop so it's not like it's a long journey.

But that's just a hobby I've tinkered with over the years to try to keep my narrative brain engaged, not something to waste your time with.
schmendeler
AG
I'd like to see a biopic of the Hand Doctor done by Harmony Korine.
TCTTS
AG
Nice. Off the top of my head, without knowing anything about it, the wife might be an interesting protagonist/way in. What's it like for her to get caught up in this, have to leave the country with her kids at a moments' notice, etc.? Could even work if she was complicit in some way, balancing motherhood/home life with what she either did or didn't know about her husband's fraud.
Mayor West
AG
Big Al 1992
AG
TCCTS - Will you list TexAgs posters on the end credits?
Post removed:
by user
ThunderCougarFalconBird
AG
That is a great thought. Other idea is that there is a sort of executive assistant that might have been a paramour for a time but then reconciliation followed. The thing about the wife is that she and the kids are currently in Europe with a hell of a lot of money

This narrative stuff is really tricky because lawyering has all sorts of ****ed up my brain.
ThunderCougarFalconBird
AG
Makes sense you're in that business. Just the wife idea is something that didn't occur to me and now I just want to get my kids to bed because i has about a million ideas. Thanks!
TCTTS
AG
Ha, re: credits - we'll cross those bridges when and if we ever get there. Let's see if this idea actually warrants a viable movie idea first. Then, should it actually ever get made, I can't give any kind of producer credits, but I could definitely have some kind of "Special Thanks" section in the credits for those who legit helped. If there actually ends up being a real thread to pull, research-wise, I would then of course have to dive in further myself based on what was found/discovered at that point. I doubt this would ever lead to any kind of official research involvement from anyone else, but who knows. If so, that'd be a different conversation, probably.
TCTTS
AG
Great to hear!

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.