TCTTS - make this a movie

9,178 Views | 113 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by bearamedic99
Brian Earl Spilner
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Once he gets killed, THEN it's a movie worth making.
RikkiTikkaTagem
AG
Source thread

https://texags.com/forums/16/topics/3130324/last#last

Didn't know where else to put this, and I do remember a movie idea thread which was fun but wanted to put this one out there.

AgStuckinLBK said:

aggiez03 said:

itsyourboypookie said:

One of my contractors knocked up his side piece. So he swabbed his DNA but I put my name on it so his wife wouldn't find out.

So I'm in a DNA database.

With someone else's DNA
For what purpose?

So if the child is put up for adoption, and he researches his father, he is going to come to you?

What will your wife think?

Did you think this through?

This sounds like the plot of a Coen Brothers movie. And the twist is that pookie's character has slept with the same side piece, so after she humorously dies, he ends up stuck raising the kid due to the paternity test. All the while, the contractor who was shady enough to knock up his side piece and use false DNA, leaves pookie high and dry and penniless after screwing him over in a business deal.

Also, I am betting that they're going to ask your contractor friend (accomplice?) for a new DNA test btw if they try to prove paternity for child support. They're not going to check a database

The swapping DNA thing was the most insane thing I read on F16 today which is hard to do.
oragator
I have had a what I would like to think is decent idea for a Seth Rogan slacker comedy in my head for years and had it pretty well thought out. It would be somewhere between Office Space and Bill and Ted. But it Involved time travel, and several of those movies and tv shows came out a year or two after I thought of it, so it kinda killed the originality. And to the moral of this thread, I didn't wanna be the guy going to people I know in the industry saying "I have an idea I wanted to tell about" and being eye rolled out of the friendly discussion. Or worse, to be told it was a terrible idea and laughed at after I left.
atag
AG
I read this book called singularity by William sleator as a kid. It was my favorite book and no one had ever heard of it. Tried to search forever for it because i couldn't remember the name but as Google got better I eventually found it and reread it. Its not as good a read as an adult but great preteen/teen audience for sure. Super weird premise.

Identical twins and their mom inherit weird creepy uncles mansion in the woods. They discover a weird cabin full of bones and dust and such. Eventually discover that time essentially slows down significantly inside. One twin is jealous of the other so he stays in there overnight which is essentially a year inside the cabin and comes out buff and bigger. Also there is somehow an alien monster involved. I'm not saying it would make a good movie but 14 year old me would have loved it. Also I really just wanted to see if anyone else has ever heard of the book or author.
proudest member of the fightin texas aggie class of 2005.
TCTTS
AG
This actually sounds like a great premise for a cabin-in-the-woods-type movie. And for something this relatively old and obscure, certain elements could no doubt be changed to better serve a movie version if need be. Just ordered a $7 paperback version from Amazon. Will give it a shot. Thanks for the heads up.
bearamedic99
AG
Sports-Ag said:

Wow. I felt all these reactions while reading.

Lastly just because it's funny.

Should I know this actor or show/movie?
atag
AG
TCTTS said:

This actually sounds like a great premise for a cabin-in-the-woods-type movie. And for something this relatively old and obscure, certain elements could no doubt be changed to better serve a movie version if need be. Just ordered a $7 paperback version from Amazon. Will give it a shot. Thanks for the heads up.
cool! Shoot me a pm if you enjoy it as much as I did!
proudest member of the fightin texas aggie class of 2005.
Ol_Ag_02
AG
TCTTS said:

Sounds like this Time Trap movie.

https://m.imdb.com/title/tt4815122/
RikkiTikkaTagem
AG
bearamedic99 said:

Sports-Ag said:

Wow. I felt all these reactions while reading.

Lastly just because it's funny.

Should I know this actor or show/movie?

The Show is the HBO series "Barry" and yes you should know it. Dark humor and is hilarious. F13 Season 1 thread

https://texags.com/forums/13/topics/2941870/2

https://m.imdb.com/title/tt5348176/
bearamedic99
AG
Ty

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.