Big Bang Theory - Series Finale - contains spoilers

4,595 Views | 23 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by AgGrad99
dlp3719
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I know not everyone likes the show. If you don't, that's fine but please go to another thread.

Thoughts on the finale?

I've watched since the pilot. Never really not watched it.

I thought the finale was fine. Parts were extremely expected to me:
1) Amy and Sheldon won the Nobel
2) Leonard and Penny pregnant

I laughed some. Smiled some. I liked it fine. They didn't screw it up but it wasn't as good for me as other long series finales have been.

Seems Raj's storyline remains unsettled after they tried to tie it up last week.

I was expecting Will Wheaton (or some cameo) to congratulate Sheldon on the Nobel. Surprised that didn't happen.
jokershady
AG
Was able to avoid looking at spoilers on your OP.

Will be watching later tonight
Olsen
AG
I thought Chuck Lorre would make an appearance at the end like he did with the ending of Two and a Half Men.
redag06
I knew the elevator was finally going to work.
PanzerAggie06
AG
While enjoyable it was forgettable. It won't be discussed much beyond the next few weeks/months. I must admit that while I watched the show avidly for years I had drifted away about 3 seasons ago. I was sort of shocked tonight when I watched as to how the cast members have seemed to seriously age since then. Especially Sheldon.
dlp3719
AG
Forgettable is a good word. Unlike the last episode of Seinfeld or Friends which were much more memorable (Not that BBT was that level quality show but long running sitcom nonetheless.)
PanzerAggie06
AG
I'm an outlier in that I was in my 20s in the 90s and I absolutely loathe Friends. So I see BBT as a better show. Sheldons growth and progression, while predictable, was well done. And they way they introduced Amy and Bernadette was exceptional. Normally introducing new characters fails horribly.
Sports-Ag
AG
Use to watch the show but stopped years ago. Caught the last 20 minutes just to see how it ended.

Saw Young Sheldon since it was right after Big Bang. They did a great ending showing the Big Bang characters when they were young.

The video below is Sheldon hosting a Nobel Peace Prize ceremony at 5am and no one showed up. He was crying thinking he would be alone forever then they show the cast of BBT as kids.

caleblyn
Watched every episode of BBT. Highly enjoyed it even though it took a slide. The finale was funny and ended pretty good. I thought the script at the end was good but could have been done much better. Never watched Young Sheldon but that was a great ending.
chipotle
It's a sitcom not breaking bad. The show ended fine. Of course it could have been better.

"Is that buffy the vampire slayer?"

Kuz89
AG
The wife an I have been fan for a long time and we enjoyed the finale. The Noble prize and Penny's pregnancy was expected but welcomed.

A couple of unexpected but nice surprises:
The elevator finally working
Seeing Bernadette and Howard's kids
Sheldon's self awareness and speech at the Nobel ceremony

Yes, we have terrible tastes in sitcom's and also watch Young Sheldon. The ending sequence and tie-in showing the BBT cast at the Young Sheldon timeline was a great.
Eso si, Que es
When Leonard actually slapped Sheldon, I had to pause it from laughing.

It is a sitcom that had some laugh out loud moments throughout the 12 seasons. Each character showing growth over the years was extremely satisfying to me. I will watch it on re-runs during down time or getting ready for bed in the future.

I thought the nobel prize and pregnancy storylines was enough to carry the finale. It was a culmination of both Sheldon and Leonard's aspirations. In 20 years when we compare a sitcom finale to Seinfeld it will be the jail scene and to BBT it will be Nobel Prize, I think it stands the test of time.

ThunderCougarFalconBird
AG
I dropped off watching this show years ago, but I could for sure see it ending up as a regular on the "Netflix cycle." Sitcoms with beginnings, endings, and actual character development just weren't a thing and the ones that actually have that happen tend to last.
Ferg
No this is Buffy
Madmarttigan
AG
I thought his speech was a great way to end it.
Dad
AG
Ferg said:

No this is Buffy

+1

I thought it was good. Sheldon accomplished his lifelong dream and Leonard mostly accomplished his goal of having smart and hot kids with Penny.

I like that it ended without major changes like one or more of them moving across the world or country. I didn't like how Friends ended with them moving out of the apartment.
Saxsoon
AG
This has always been my go to background show. Picked the damn thing up because of a gal I liked at the time junior year at A&M. Dumb stupid but always gave me a good laugh and was the definition of comfort food.

And yeah, a ninja was cutting onions in my room during sheldons speech
Fighting Texas Aggie Class of 2012
Broba Fett
PanzerAggie06 said:

While enjoyable it was forgettable. It won't be discussed much beyond the next few weeks/months. I must admit that while I watched the show avidly for years I had drifted away about 3 seasons ago. I was sort of shocked tonight when I watched as to how the cast members have seemed to seriously age since then. Especially Sheldon.

At least they are consistent.
AgMarauder04
AG
I've enjoyed BBT a lot.

I enjoyed the finale. Nowhere near shows like Scrubs etc, but a nice bow on the show.

Now, can someone please kill off Grey's Anatomy
ChampsAg
Grey's Anatomy has been extended for two more years...

I enjoyed the finale and was happy with the ending. End of Young Sheldon was cool.
annie88
AG
redag06 said:

I knew the elevator was finally going to work.

Yep.

Thought the finale was pretty good. Some predictable things and a feel-good ending, at least it didn't go off on a Seinfeld tangent.
annie88
AG
ChampsAg said:

Grey's Anatomy has been extended for two more years...

Good grief why? I watched like one season, the one with Denny like 10 years ago.
annie88
AG
One of my favorite episodes was the one with Sheldon in the ball pit saying Bazinga. Also like the one when Raj and Howard set up Sheldon and Amy the first time off the Internet. Watched both again yesterday.

There are many during the series that were just absolutely hilarious. They did a really good job with the show.

It's also amazing what a star it made Jim Parsons. As Johnny Galecki was supposed to be the main star but I think the whole ensemble worked very well. Pretty cool Parsons is from Katy, too.
FTACO97
AG
I thought it was a great ending to the show. Much better than Seinfeld's ending.

Agree with another poster that a ninja was cutting onions in my house too during Sheldon's speech.

Seeing Sheldon's growth culminate with this great moment of self-realization was pretty awesome, imo. And we finally got to see how Blossom looks all grown up and not under all the frumpiness of Amy.
AgGrad99
AG
Finally got to watch the finale. It was perfect. They didnt do too much, but ended it in a memorable way. I liked how they introduced new things naturally. It fit the way the series was always scripted (sheldon's realization, Amy's makeover, new baby, etc).

I wish Zach could have been worked in during the finale somehow...he was one of my favorite characters throughout the show. It would have been funny if somehow he was being awarded or recognized for something random at the end, along with Sheldon.

It cracks me up when people criticize the show. It makes me think they watched the first season and bailed. The story/humor got MUCH better after the first season, and when they introduced new characters (similar to Parks and Rec, Seinfeld, etc). It was very obvious humor at first, but was very witty and creative as they went along.

This was a very funny show. I'll miss the characters.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.