Anyone watching Jeopardy?

54,989 Views | 496 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Old School Brother
Big Al 1992
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Watched today and what was noticeable was how many questions had them all stumped - that rarely happened in James's games.
Big Al 1992
AG
DP
Ag 11
AG
My wife said the same thing
The Milkman
AG
Big Al 1992 said:

Watched today and what was noticeable was how many questions had them all stumped - that rarely happened in James's games.
Yeah I miss him too
Redstone
AG
Still can't believe Darren Rovell spoiled the defeat.

Still, an unbelievable run and a lot of fun to watch.
Redstone
AG
Rudyjax
AG
Southlake
That Vicki Lawrence lip...
'03ag
Southlake said:

That Vicki Lawrence lip...
Can't unsee now
Ag 11
AG
Definitely not as entertaining without James
Liquid Wrench

Quote:

Hey, I know plenty of 74-year-olds who are still watching
Was he referring to late night talk shows?

Rudyjax
AG
Did you watch the video?
Southlake
She kinda has that Billie Jo Armstrong thing going too....
The Milkman
AG
She's a wretched b****. Just watched her episodes. She seems to resent any mention of James. Rolling her eyes and snarling when Alex said "taking a move from James book!" after betting it all on a DD.

And in the interview she only said "well we took the same test so no I wasn't intimidated". Show some damn respect.
hph6203
AG
This is a weird thing to be pissed about. It's still just Jeopardy!...
Liquid Wrench
Jeopardy! is back to being hard, if you haven't watched today's episode.
TriumphForks
AG
The Milkman said:

She's a wretched b****. Just watched her episodes. She seems to resent any mention of James. Rolling her eyes and snarling when Alex said "taking a move from James book!" after betting it all on a DD.

And in the interview she only said "well we took the same test so no I wasn't intimidated". Show some damn respect.
In all fairness it can be pretty awkward how Trebek tries to act like the show is taped relatively shortly before air date. At the point Emma beat James she had never seen him play before so it was a bit ludicrous to suggest she was mimicking his play style.

I also remember some times when Trebek would reference James' "Fame" to him even though his first episode hadn't aired yet.
62strat
AG
James was on jeopardy over the course of like 8 weeks wasn't he? (Considering the teacher week right in the middle)
How long before air date do they film these episodes? Did this girl really not have the chance to see his episodes yet?
fastsloth
Emma reminds me of Kim Darby in the original True Grit.
PatAg
AG
They film something 4-6 in one day I'm pretty sure
OldArmy71
AG
I KNEW she looked familiar! You are exactly right!
Rudyjax
AG
62strat said:

James was on jeopardy over the course of like 8 weeks wasn't he? (Considering the teacher week right in the middle)
How long before air date do they film these episodes? Did this girl really not have the chance to see his episodes yet?
He lost on 12 March 2019.

He first appeared on 4 April 2019.

So apparently not.

Southlake
Emma almost imploded when she got the Georgia Pacific question wrong. To be fair, the question was poorly worded, I too answered, "Georgia". The chubby guy then hesitatingly answered, "Georgia Pacific", almost confused because he thought she got it right, but what else could it be? I reviewed it and it was a bit misleading, but a fair question.

After this happened, an angry Emma went silent long enough to let the other players back in the game and take herself out of a runaway.

She's an angry lady and without gamesmanship won't last much longer.
Rudyjax
AG
Southlake said:

Emma almost imploded when she got the Georgia Pacific question wrong. To be fair, the question was poorly worded, I too answered, "Georgia". The chubby guy then hesitatingly answered, "Georgia Pacific", almost confused because he thought she got it right, but what else could it be? I reviewed it and it was a bit misleading, but a fair question.

After this happened, an angry Emma went silent long enough to let the other players back in the game and take herself out of a runaway.

Keeping your cool when things go poorly is definitely something that Ken and James did well.
Old Tom Morris
62strat said:

One of the last 5-6 episodes before he lost was taped in early March. So the only chance to see him was during the filming (they film a week in one day), and since she was in the Monday episode, she beat him without seeing him play at all
EMY92
AG
They film twice in a week, and a week's worth of shows in a day.
Rudyjax
AG
I posted the exact dates above.
The Milkman
AG
EMY92 said:

They film twice in a week, and a week's worth of shows in a day.
I believe the filming schedule is every other Thursday/Friday.

Working four days a month. Pretty solid schedule for a game show host.
Fairview
AG
Better gig - Jeopardy host or Simpson's voice actor?
JD Shellnut
AG
Wonder what the pay is, and number of hours per week.
Liquid Wrench
Filming multiple shows a day in front of a live studio audience has got to be pretty intense. Hell, just being on your feet that long would be a challenge for a lot of people Alex's age.

I think he's a producer now too in addition to being the host, so I'm sure his salary goes beyond the studio time.
EMY92
AG
He makes around $10 million/year on Jeopardy.
Aggies76
AG
The Milkman said:

She neither snarled nor rolled her eyes. Your fandom for James has taken a turn for the weird. Alex said she was copying James for betting everything on a Daily Double, like no one before James ever did that before. That made me wince a little. I thought Emma handled it pretty well.

Aggies76
AG
Southlake said:

You guys got your wish. The person who dared to defeat St James is off the show.
TriumphForks
AG
I wanted her to do well enough to make tournament of champions. At least she didn't lose her next game.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.