Anyone watching Jeopardy?

55,677 Views | 496 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Old School Brother
Liquid Wrench
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Another super easy final Jeopardy that only required a logical guess.

Though I never knew how dark The Game of Life was.

http://thebiggamehunter.com/games-one-by-one/checkered-game-of-life/
Counterpoint
AG
third coast.. said:

130 grand today and didnt top his highest day total

Why didn't he go for it? It was a perfect opportunity!
Stive
AG
If he'd missed FJ then one of the others would have beat him. He's risky during the daily doubles (especially during the first round), but he doesn't risk enough during FJ to expose himself to a random question he might miss.
62strat
AG
I would imagine in his mind, when he's more than double the next player, a guaranteed win is more important than a daily record. No reason to risk more than required to win.
Rudyjax
AG
It would've been stupid for him to wager an amount that he would lose the game if he missed the question.
aggietony2010
AG
During the open of today's episode:

Oh, this girl's decent looking.

When she opened her mouth during the interview:

Nope nope nope nope.
God save the Patriarchy!
investorAg83
AG
aggietony2010 said:

Nope nope nope nope.

I feel like I have to see this episode now.
cuz-i-can
AG
Spoiler alert!
Aggie09Derek
AG
aggietony2010 said:

Nope nope nope nope.
Can confirm
Post removed:
by user
Rudyjax
AG
third coast.. said:

Dammit. I was probably going to have to miss tonight but now I dont want to
There's a device called a DVR. Let's you watch whatever show whenever you want after it's recorded.

Post removed:
by user
Rudyjax
AG
third coast.. said:

Holy sgit, really? Incredible. Its crazy that I have never heard of that.

Crazy. YouTube tv has unlimited dvr.
investorAg83
AG
Anyone in dfw able to watch via PS Vue? I can't find the show anywhere at any time.
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
investorAg83 said:

Anyone in dfw able to watch via PS Vue? I can't find the show anywhere at any time.
Cuz PS vue only carries locals Fox, NBC, CBS and ABC.

It's on 21 KTXA. Many other streaming carriers do carry that local channel including DTV Now and Hulu and YT TV.
ItsA&InotA&M
Each show,, he writes his name in a different style.
Fairview
AG
investorAg83 said:

aggietony2010 said:

Nope nope nope nope.

I feel like I have to see this episode now.

Alex "To be quite honest, you're scaring the hell out of me."
Post removed:
by user
Fairview
AG
She was talking about her plans to take over the world. I think she was trying to be funny and quirky but it came off super weird.

I think he won just under 60k. He only got one of the daily doubles in double jeopardy which held him back. The game was never in question though.
Liquid Wrench
I do miss some things by skipping through all the contestant banter and commercials.
Post removed:
by user
Old Tom Morris
third coast.. said:

that was about the only part of tonights show i caught. what was she talking about?

also how much did james win tonight?

She was apparently voted "Most Likely to Rule the World" in HS, and as mentioned, tried too hard to make it funny.
Counterpoint
AG
She tried too hard to be Aubrey Plaza.
Post removed:
by user
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
Very annoying affectations and quirks too. An odd duck that came across as a nut job.
Rudyjax
AG
Old Tom Morris said:

third coast.. said:

that was about the only part of tonights show i caught. what was she talking about?

She was apparently voted "Most Likely to Rule the World" in HS, and as mentioned, tried too hard to make it funny.

I think it came off poorly because she hadn't spoke yet.
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
I Am Mine said:

Old Tom Morris said:

third coast.. said:

It was kinda crazy how she never even rang in until near the end of first round - and she cleaned up in the 200-400 range questions ending the first round with $1K. Then she ran the table (although not all in order) of the "B" name Shakespeare category (except the 3rd guy got the $200 one) in double jeopardy. And got one of the daily doubles in that category doubling $3K to $6K.

Ovral she made $16.8K and answered only 11 questions.

Rudyjax
AG
Zombie Jon Snow said:

I Am Mine said:

Old Tom Morris said:

third coast.. said:

It was kinda crazy how she never even rang in until near the end of first round - and she cleaned up in the 200-400 range questions ending the first round with $1K. Then she ran the table (although not all in order) of the "B" name Shakespeare category (except the 3rd guy got the $200 one) in double jeopardy. And got one of the daily doubles in that category doubling $3K to $6K.

How the hell did you do that? Did you re-watch to see how many questions she answered, or do you just have a brain like that?? Or did you read something where someone analyzed the game?
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
I Am Mine said:

Zombie Jon Snow said:

I Am Mine said:

Old Tom Morris said:

third coast.. said:

How the hell did you do that? Did you re-watch to see how many questions she answered, or do you just have a brain like that?? Or did you read something where someone analyzed the game?

LOl. No. You can check all of the daily stats here:

https://thejeopardyfan.com/

Scroll down and click on yesterdays game recap. It gives all kinds of stats and predictions on current champs given their previous answers. It has a ton of detailed stats below all of that.

for example James is 28/29 on FJ questions and 64/67 on Daily Doubles.

It also gives what's called the daily coryat score - the score without extra $ from daily doubles. And Lach trash - which it defines as clues everyone missed or nobody guessed correctly.

BEWARE - it posts the daily match stats and result and FJ question long before it airs here in Dallas - todays is already posted for example. I usually only look sometimes after I see a round if I am curious.

Here is yesterdays data

Scores after the Jeopardy! Round:
James $12,000
Jim-Bob $5,200
Sara $1,000

Scores going into Final:
James $41,381
Sara $11,600
Jim-Bob $8,400

Tonight's results:
Jim-Bob $8,400 $8,390 = $10 (Who is Aquaman?)
Sara $11,600 + $5,201 = $16,801
James $41,381 + $18,000 = $59,381 (29-day total: $2,254,938)

Daily Double locations:

1) THE EASTERN SEABOARD $800 (3rd pick)
Jim-Bob 1000 +1000 (James 1000 Sara 0)
2) "B" SPOKE SHAKESPEARE $1600 (2nd pick)
Sara 3000 +3000 (James 12000 Jim-Bob 5200)
3) 1950s PEOPLE $2000 (7th pick)
James 16400 +11381 (Sara 8000 Jim-Bob 5200)
Overall Daily Double Efficiency for this game: 269

Unplayed clues:
J! round: None!
DJ! Round: None!
Total $ Left On Board: $0

Game Stats:
James $32,000 Coryat, 34 correct, 0 incorrect, 57.89% in first on buzzer
Sara $10,200 Coryat, 11 correct, 0 incorrect, 17.54% in first on buzzer
Jim-Bob $8,200 Coryat, 13 correct, 0 incorrect, 21.05% in first on buzzer
Combined Coryat Score: $50,400
Lach Trash: $3,600 (on 2 Triple Stumpers)
Coryat lost to incorrect responses (less double-correct responses): $0

James Holzhauer, stats to date:
1,053 correct, 31 incorrect
31/34 on rebound attempts (on 62 rebound opportunities)
58.35% in first on buzzer (954/1635)
63/67 on Daily Doubles (Net Earned: $596,257)
28/29 in Final Jeopardy
Average Coryat: $30,848

James Holzhauer, to win:
30 games: 98.056%
31: 96.151%
32: 94.282%
33: 92.450%
34: 90.653%
75: 40.542%
Avg. streak: 79.453 games.
(This is using the updated model.)

aggietony2010
AG
Zombie Jon Snow said:

I Am Mine said:

Zombie Jon Snow said:

I Am Mine said:

Old Tom Morris said:

third coast.. said:

LOl. No. You can check all of the daily stats here:

https://thejeopardyfan.com/

Scroll down and click on yesterdays game recap. It gives all kinds of stats and predictions on current champs given their previous answers. It has a ton of detailed stats below all of that.

for example James is 28/29 on FJ questions and 64/67 on Daily Doubles.

It also gives what's called the daily coryattscore - the score without extra $ from daily doubles. And Lach trash - which it defines as clues everyone missed or nobody guessed correctly.

Coryatt? It was Buckley!
God save the Patriarchy!
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
Pretty confident the next Jeopardy All Star or Battle of the Decades or Ultimate Tournament of Champions will be epic.

James vs Brad vs Ken final would be amazing to see.

The last Ultimate Tournament of Champions was in 2005 and Ken and Brad made the final.

The last Battle of the Decades was in 2014 with 80s 90s and 00s and Ken and Brad made the finals. They could now do 90s 00s and 10s in like 2021.

The All-star team competition was earlier this year and Ken and Brads' teams made the final.

-Brad never been beat by a person (only by Watson and IBM where he was third to Ken also). Won 5 different tournaments.

-Ken longest running win streak and most non tournament $ won (for now). Kinda robbed he never got his own season Tourney of Champions. Runner-up in 3 tournaments now and runner-up to Watson.

-James current 29 game streak and highest $ per win by far. Likely to pass Ken's earnings for regular jeopardy soon.

They've got to find a way to pit those 3 in a big match. James might have to reconsider his huge early wagers with those 2 competing and he might not even get the daily doubles every time if he doesn't almost always control the board.

62strat
AG
Quote:

The game was never in question though.
Jim bob was ahead at one point I thought. Then homegirl gets first daily double.. I wouldn't say it was never in question.
Rudyjax
AG
I haven't looked at the numbers lately, but James and Ken were very similar in game play minus the wagering.

Is that still the case?
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
62strat said:

Quote:

The game was never in question though.
Jim bob was ahead at one point I thought. Then homegirl gets first daily double.. I wouldn't say it was never in question.

Until James hit the daily double in the 2nd round it was a game.

James 16400
Sara 8000
Jim bob 5200

If he doesn't get that square or misses that clue it's a different game. And he wagered 11381 he could have dropped to 5019 and 3rd place.

Zombie Jon Snow
AG
I Am Mine said:

I haven't looked at the numbers lately, but James and Ken were very similar in game play minus the wagering.

Is that still the case?

Yes still pretty close in % correct for jeopardy rounds. But for final jeopardy james is much better.

James answers about 4.5% more correct on regular questions.

But James bets about 3x as much on Daily Doubles and has won more than 4x as much on those (cuz Ken missed a few more).

And James bets about 4x as much on final jeopardy on average. And there he has a much higher hit rate too 96% to 65%.

Average Coryat score is $30K-$27K so pretty close.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.