Anyone watching Jeopardy?

54,963 Views | 496 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Old School Brother
Rudyjax
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
MooreTrucker said:

https://www.theringer.com/tv/2019/4/18/18456756/james-holzhauer-jeopardy-winner-alex-trebek-ken-jennings
Great article.

AgPediRPh
AG
Is $50K a Final Jeopardy record? I loved Alex's simple response: he's amazing.
Post removed:
by user
Liquid Wrench
Hurry up and watch it! I've been holding off on spoilers since this afternoon.
Post removed:
by user
Redstone
AG
Please do not post spoilers. Not everyone can access the day's game by 3:30
Liquid Wrench
Redstone said:

You didn't see it before everyone else????

My world is shattered.
c-jags
Redstone said:

Quote:

Redstone

double aught
AG
The other two had respectable scores today (especially considering who they were up against), and they still lost by 80K.
Redstone
AG
TexAgs Influencers are obviously ahead of the crowd on almost everything, but syndicated television is inherently difficult: daily availability can be quite early and geographically limited.
Rudyjax
AG
double aught said:

The other two had respectable scores today (especially considering who they were up against), and they still lost by 80K.

That old lady was impressive.
Liquid Wrench
jjmanzano said:

I am eagerly watching to see if he can hit $1 million. Assuming he does hit that mark, I wonder if his constant runaway victories will be bad for ratings.
Can we talk about this now or is it still a bitcy little spoiler?
PatAg
AG
Americans love to see excellence in action. There was actually a pretty good movie called Quiz Show that was somewhat similar to this. Maybe our society has changed enough where we don't celebrate the mind, who knows.
AgPediRPh
AG
Social Media Influencer said:

jjmanzano said:

I am eagerly watching to see if he can hit $1 million. Assuming he does hit that mark, I wonder if his constant runaway victories will be bad for ratings.
Can we talk about this now or is it still a bitcy little spoiler?
speculation is not a spoiler.
Post removed:
by user
Liquid Wrench
That's the "spoiler" I was holding off on when I replied to jjmanzano yesterday afternoon.

Dude is killing it
Rudyjax
AG
I think it's fair to discuss yesterday's episode.

Are we in agreeance?
Post removed:
by user
Counterpoint
AG
Any episode from a previous day HAS to be okay.
Rudyjax
AG
Any day yesterday is ok.
Post removed:
by user
The Shank Ag
jjmanzano said:

Apples and oranges, but I read an article last week that stated James is making more money per episode than Alex Trebek.

When Tiger Woods was destroying everyone from 1999-2008, ratings were best when he was at the top of the leaderboard. Kinda see this as the same thing. Hopefully he doesn't get busted cheating on his wife with game show groupies
double aught
AG
Well now that he's passed 1MM, he may be thinking it's time to trade in for a newer model.
Liquid Wrench
There was a guy today who probably would have won against any other normal contestants. But James is just a cyborg with the signaling button. And he's ridiculously quick with answers; I don't talk that fast even when I know stuff.
Rudyjax
AG

There was a guy today who probably would have won against any other normal contestants. But James is just a cyborg with the signaling button. And he's ridiculously quick with answers; I don't talk that fast even when I know stuff.

Yesterday or today? If today, shame on you.
Liquid Wrench

Quote:

If today, shame on you.
Should I ask what that means?
MooreTrucker
AG

Quote:

If today, shame on you.
Folks are getting snippy if someone posts about a day they haven't seen yet. So if your comment was about today's episode, then you are shamed.
Counterpoint
AG

Quote:

If today, shame on you.
We had just decided a few posts earlier in this thread not to discuss the current day's episode until the next day.
Farmer1906
AG
So he lost?
Redstone
AG
Extremely impressive guy....but all it will take is another wizard of buzzer timing, and one missed daily double. James has said he almost lost in game 2 for this reason.
Liquid Wrench
Counterpoint said:

Quote:

If today, shame on you.
We had just decided a few posts earlier in this thread not to discuss the current day's episode until the next day.
I didn't post any "spoilers," but here's an idea: Don't open the Jeopardy! thread to talk about Jeopardy! unless you've watched Jeopardy! It's a daily gameshow, not a drama with a periodical reveal.
Rudyjax
AG

Counterpoint said:

Quote:

If today, shame on you.
I didn't post any "spoilers," but here's an idea: Don't open the Jeopardy! thread to talk about Jeopardy! unless you've watched Jeopardy! It's a daily gameshow, not a drama with a periodical reveal.

Dude. You posted"There was a guy today who probably would have won against any other normal contestants".

It comes on at different times in different citiea. Any reasonable person will not talk about today's show before it airs for others.
Liquid Wrench
We've never had a a daily Jeopardy! thread before this. Am I really affecting your life by making a vague comment on a thread about a daily gameshow, or are you just looking for something to complain about? I'm guessing the latter.
Madmarttigan
AG
Only on the entertainment board could there be an argument about spoilers for jeopardy.

I've seen it all now.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.