Original cast of The Sandlot returning for a TV series

4,605 Views | 31 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Ag 11
Gigem314
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Surprised this hasn't been posted yet!

The original cast is returning to reprise their roles....as parents.

Quote:

"I just sold a Sandlot television show. We're about to get an order for the first two seasons," [Evans] told host Cooperstown Kurt. Evans said he couldn't tell Kurt who was going to stream it, but "I know who's going to stream it. It doesn't take a genius to figure that out right now."

He added, "I already got all the original cast members back. It takes place in 1984, when they're all, like, 33 years old and they all have children of their own, and that's all I can tell you." Evans did not say which of the cast members would be returning; the original movie was set in the San Fernando Valley in 1962.
Seizing on the success of Cobra Kai and the 80's nostalgia of Stranger Things perhaps?

Could it be bad? Maybe. But I'm more than willing to give this a shot.

jeffk
AG
Hopefully they all complain about how their kids don't play outside enough.
RikkiTikkaTagem
AG
Wendy Peppercorn making an appearance..?
LeonardSkinner
I'm concerned about this.

1. Squints married Wendy and had 9 kids. Are we getting Marley Shelton and a dugout's worth of rugrats? Or retconning his story? Or some halfass compromise?

2. Bertram got really into the 60s and no one ever saw him again. But I suppose this could be addressed by saying that he came back after the end of the movie.
Sex Panther
AG
Yeah-Yeah is a roided up Jersey Shore reject now. That one will be interesting.
powerbelly
AG
LeonardSkinner said:

1. Squints married Wendy and had 9 kids. Are we getting Marley Shelton and a dugout's worth of rugrats? Or retconning his story? Or some halfass compromise?

2. Bertram got really into the 60s and no one ever saw him again. But I suppose this could be addressed by saying that he came back after the end of the movie.
I hope they just take periodic views of his life as an out of place hippie somewhere and not reconnected with the group.
Gigem314
AG
jeffk said:

Southlake
Yer killin' me...
Bruce Almighty
AG
I'm not so sure many of those has even acted since The Sandlot. I love the movie, but this has failure written all over it.
wangus12
AG
powerbelly said:

LeonardSkinner said:

I hope they just take periodic views of his life as an out of place hippie somewhere and not reconnected with the group.
Bertram got really into the 60's, got drafted and died in Nam. Hell they all got drafted probably.
atm0812
AG
powerbelly said:

LeonardSkinner said:

The potential of these scenes alone makes the project worthwhile.

And squints might only have 5-6 of his eventual 9 kids in his early 30s. A lot, but not enough to derail anything.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Is this before or after Benny The Jet Rodriguez went pro?
mazag08
AG
Quote:

He added, "I already got all the original cast members back. It takes place in 1984, when they're all, like, 33 years old and they all have children of their own, and that's all I can tell you." Evans did not say which of the cast members would be returning; the original movie was set in the San Fernando Valley in 1962.
PatAg
AG
I remember seeing a reunion video of some sort on YouTube that Benny didn't show up for. I think he got an actual job and doesn't act.
Bunk Moreland
PatAg said:

I remember seeing a reunion video of some sort on YouTube that Benny didn't show up for. I think he got an actual job and doesn't act.

He became a fire fighter I want to say but I believe he wasn't in the photo because he had recently been arrested
LeonardSkinner
powerbelly said:

LeonardSkinner said:

What if... finding Bertram was the whole point of the series? At the end, he's safe at home.
average_joker
AG
There needs to be a Dennis Leary cameo, a JEJ cameo, and someone needs to have a mastiff. But that's goes without saying.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Bruce Almighty said:

I'm not so sure many of those has even acted since The Sandlot. I love the movie, but this has failure written all over it.

I'll point you to one Cobra Kai.
Bruce Almighty
AG
And the two main actors were older when filming Karate Kid and continued acting after. And I thought Cobra Kai was going to be a failure until I saw the trailer. Maybe this will be the same, but these were all child actors, and many are no longer acting and went into other careers.
texagco2003
AG
FAT SEXY said:

AgStuckinLBK said:

Wendy Peppercorn making an appearance..?

Squints was pervin' a dish
CajunAg97
AG
Wendy now!

In my experience, there's no such thing as luck.
The Debt
CajunAg97 said:

Wendy now!

More like "Wendy wow!"
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
They had 9 kids.
UnderoosAg
AG
AgStuckinLBK said:

Wendy PeFFercorn making an appearance..?

FIFY
Noblemen06
AG
CajunAg97 said:

Wendy now!

She knows exactly what she's doin...
Icecream_Ag
S
Noblemen06 said:

CajunAg97 said:

Wendy now!

She knows exactly what she's doin...
lotioning and oiling, oiling and lotioning
Broba Fett
Gigem314 said:

jeffk said:

It's like a real life Eric Cartman from 30 years ago
Fleen
Fleen
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Good doc.

Ag 11
AG
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.