Metallica and San Francisco Symphony part 2

9,492 Views | 90 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by jokershady
Peter Klaven
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Check your email...
62strat
AG
Still not getting them for some reason... I replied to an old email, try that one.
62strat
AG
Ticket sold.. sorry Jetch!
jetch17
AG
sorry i couldnt make it happen, was laying it on thick over the weekend to parlay it into a long weekend with my old lady to the bay area. just too much family sh*t going on that weekend.
62strat
AG
those not going are in luck.. looks like it will be released to theaters.

https://www.metallica.com/news/2019-07-30-bringing-s-m-2-to-the-big-screen.html
62strat
AG
Buy tickets now for movie

https://www.metallica.film/
jorgerr96
On what day are you all seeing the movie? Im going to the AMC monday showing. Tried to go to the wednesday but I will be at the King Princess concert at stubbs
Know Your Enemy
AG
Wednesday the 9th for me
62strat
AG
Wed. the 9th for me as well.
jorgerr96
getting close...
62strat
AG
This show was amazing. I won't post spoilers/set last here. You can find it you want to, but I'd say look away and see this in theaters.

I'll just say, very different from S&M '99
Counterpoint
AG
62strat said:

This show was amazing. I won't post spoilers/set last here. You can find it you want to, but I'd say look away and see this in theaters.

I'll just say, very different from S&M '99

Can't wait!
62strat
AG
Holy cow the amount foreign flags waiving at night 2 was crazy impressive. Everyone around me in my section was European or Asian.

I'm at sfo now at 5am and I've seen probably 40 shirts. 8-10 just sitting at my gate back to Denver. Had one on my hotel shuttle. The metallica family is running thick around here.
Counterpoint
AG
62strat said:

Holy cow the amount foreign flags waiving at night 2 was crazy impressive. Everyone around me in my section was European or Asian.

I'm at sfo now at 5am and I've seen probably 40 shirts. 810 just sitting at my gate back to Denver. Had one on my hotel shuttle. The metallica family is running thick around here.

Lars' geography knowledge was quite impressive.
Peter Klaven
AG
I was also pretty impressed with Lars naming the flags. I've been amazed at the amount of shirts specifically from this weekend that I've seen these last three days. Amazing experience!
62strat
AG
James and Rob rocking out to Anesthesia.

I was right next to their guitar tech area, so that was pretty kick ass.. being a guitar player and all. Total geek out getting to watch their techs do their thing.. plus the occasional pop in of the band members (and their wives)

62strat
AG
I didn't video much.. but I did pick up this whole song.

Counterpoint
AG
62strat said:

I didn't video much.. but I did pick up this whole song.

Great video, great seats! Man, it was fun going to a fan club show. The people around me were going INSANE the entire night (they may have taken a quick break during the St. Anger song hahah)

62strat
AG
Official clip from the theater release.

Know Your Enemy
AG
Highlights of the film were (surprisingly) All Within My Hands, Wherever I May Roam, and Anesthesia. Thankfully our theater had the volume CRANKED.

I have to admit I spent a lot of time trying to gauge whether or not James was drunk during the performance (and also the pre-film interviews) and also wondering what he was thinking/feeling in rehab at the very moment his fans worldwide were watching this incredible performance.
62strat
AG
Junkhead said:

I have to admit I spent a lot of time trying to gauge whether or not James was drunk during the performance
hmmm.. what's in the cup James!?!?

Picture taken during the symphony only song.

I would guess the other 3 guys would be highly sensitive to his behavior, and would know if he were the slightest bit intoxicated. Had he been, I would think Lars would have thrown his ass in rehab the day after the second show.

Junkhead said:

and also wondering what he was thinking/feeling in rehab at the very moment his fans worldwide were watching this incredible performance.
That very moment was happening over a span of like 12 hours considering it has been playing in almost 100 countries. But yeh, I could imagine that could almost put you in a darker place.. knowing the dedication of fans to you, and at the same time knowing you failed your own self.
jokershady
AG
Didn't realize he was back in rehab......damn

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.