Metallica and San Francisco Symphony part 2

9,507 Views | 90 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by jokershady
62strat
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I posted on concert thread, but this maybe deserves its own. S&M2 show announced yesterday... Metallica will open the new Chase Arena in downtown SF, the GSW's new home. It is the last year of the SF Symphony director who is retiring.

20 year anny since Metallica did it the first time. I think they are redoing setlist, plus adding songs released since.

Tons of presales starting today.. chase, livenation, thebone radio station, GSW members. Chase card member is the next one (outside of metallica club members), starting at noon pst.
https://www1.ticketmaster.com/event/1C00566D06B89411?_ga=2.188021292.527521290.1552936447-2065317674.1552936447

I got in on the absolute first presale of all of them, the metallica club legacy member presale. Just secured my tix, section 106, row 3. Fantastic seats. I'm totally stoked.

62strat
AG
Lower level was $150 plus $17 fees.
Floor was like 3 or 4 price points, starting at $200 going to $500. I opted for lower level to be elevated a bit.

I didn't even notice what the cheaper levels were, I was hyperfocused on clicking slow and steady to secure the prize.
RikkiTikkaTagem
AG
Heard no leaf clover three days ago and hadn't thought about that album in years. Random seeing this now.
Counterpoint
AG
I logged in with my Legacy code at exactly 10:58 CST and wasn't able to get any tickets!
62strat
AG
Counterpoint said:

I logged in with my Legacy code at exactly 10:58 CST and wasn't able to get any tickets!
Dang.. try again for the 12CST metclub, your legacy code will work.

The ticketmaster has a countdown, so I used it as a guide. I tested it a zer0 mins 10 seconds.. nothing, then at 0-5, nothing, then when it hit 0, still nothing!

I hit refresh for about 10 seconds, then it showed up. So ticketstoday was about 10 seconds behind the TM clock.

Flights are cheap that weekend on SW.. only 7,500 points.. this has now turned into a family trip hah. My bro lives in Danville, he's gonna go with me (his first Met show), wife and kids can stay at home with their aunt/cousins.
Counterpoint
AG
62strat said:

Counterpoint said:

The ticketmaster has a countdown, so I used it as a guide. I tested it a zer0 mins 10 seconds.. nothing, then at 0-5, nothing, then when it hit 0, still nothing!

I hit refresh for about 10 seconds, then it showed up. So ticketstoday was about 10 seconds behind the TM clock.
Thanks. I'm gonna try again using that. Good to know that Legacy will work for the noon one too.
62strat
AG
Good to see a strict policy on floor seats here.. no physical tickets, no name changes. Will call only, day of show, for the name on the order, 2 limit.

That should thwart the scalpers.
62strat
AG
Counterpoint said:

62strat said:

Counterpoint said:

Thanks. I'm gonna try again using that. Good to know that Legacy will work for the noon one too.
Well, don't take it to the bank.. I only assume this to be true.

You have a chase card? That is in 2 hours.

Code for the APE presale is master
Thurs at 11cst, same time as the remainder of them.
Counterpoint
AG
62strat said:

Counterpoint said:

62strat said:

Counterpoint said:

Well, don't take it to the bank.. I only assume this to be true.

You have a chase card? That is in 2 hours.

Code for the APE presale is master
Thurs at 11cst, same time as the remainder of them.
I do have a Chase card. Will I do that through TM? Hopefully it won't matter though!
62strat
AG
yeh the chase presale is through TM.

Only the metclub presales are that ticketstoday site.
62strat
AG
Any luck?
Counterpoint
AG
No. For the second club presale my code didn't work after all. It said it was expired. For the Chase presale, there weren't any pairs of tickets, only singles, by the time I was trying to check out.

I usually have really good luck with this type of stuff, but definitely not today!
62strat
AG
Dang. Well it def isn't over yet. The pre sales are all small allotments. General on sale will be probably 75% of the overall venue. Just not prime seats... but even front of second level ain't bad.
jorgerr96
Got my ticket during the Legacy presale. I'm on section 103 on the 2nd row. Apparently the presale was a huge mess even for some Legayc members.
jorgerr96
It's crazy that they only had 10 tickets on the $500 price level for Legacy members.
John Matrix
AG
Obviously I can't go to the show living in Houston, but I freaking love this news. S&M is actually the album that got me into Metallica and metal in general. It's ridiculously underrated in terms of live albums.
Counterpoint
AG
jorgerr96 said:

Got my ticket during the Legacy presale. I'm on section 103 on the 2nd row. Apparently the presale was a huge mess even for some Legayc members.
I can confirm.
62strat
AG
John Matrix said:

Obviously I can't go to the show living in Houston, but I freaking love this news. S&M is actually the album that got me into Metallica and metal in general. It's ridiculously underrated in terms of live albums.
Obviously??

I live 1500 miles from SF.. you travel for shows like this dude!
62strat
AG
jorgerr96 said:

Damn I was hoping to be in 104/103 or opposite. 106 is a bit of an angle.

I sat there for about 10 seconds wondering which price range to get.. I wish they would release price ranges before hand dammit, so I can ponder on it for a day! How in the hell can one make a decision that fast!

That 10 second delay cost me a center section
digging tunnels
AG
Some of you got lucky. Sold out quickly. Guess if you're not legacy, you didn't get a ticket

http://metalinjection.net/latest-news/metallica-fans-pissed-after-bots-buy-almost-all-sm-2-tickets-reselling-for-thousands
62strat
AG
digging tunnels said:

Some of you got lucky. Sold out quickly. Guess if you're not legacy, you didn't get a ticket

http://metalinjection.net/latest-news/metallica-fans-pissed-after-bots-buy-almost-all-sm-2-tickets-reselling-for-thousands
Oh yeh the metallica forum thread is already almost 4k deep in 2 days.

What pissed off some is, if you put in your legacy code during legacy sale and didn't get any, the system didn't reset for the 5th member sale (which legacy should be a part of), so the system already thought you used your code, not giving you a chance at the 5th member presale.

5th member is free, so it's probably chock full of scalpers/bots..
legacy has it too I'm sure, but probably not near to the extent, since it was a paid membership, and there haven't been any 'new' legacy members in 4 years.

I feel lucky.. I didn't get the refresh right when it happened, and I hestitated on picking a price point..

but still got lower level third row.

Hey jorge, are you the similar named guy on metallica forums?
62strat
AG
Legacy.. btw, was any active member on aug 24, 2015 (meaning they paid for a membership and were active on that date), or any member who had 2+ years of paid membership over the course of the 21 years the club existed.

So it's not this exclusive club. There are surely tens of thousands of people who qualify for that (the club itself hit 100K members in 2015.)
jorgerr96
Yeah im on that forum too lol
62strat
AG
That was me talking about fiesta hah.
tk for tu juan
Ticketmaster didn't hold an allotment for the general public sale on Friday?

Just imagine getting stuck taking one of those "I'm not a Bot" image clicking tests while an actual bot is buying all the tickets. The anger aftermath would make Falling Down look like a kids movie
62strat
AG
tk for tu juan said:

Ticketmaster didn't hold an allotment for the general public sale on Friday?

Just imagine getting stuck taking one of those "I'm not a Bot" image clicking tests while an actual bot is buying all the tickets. The anger aftermath would make Falling Down look like a kids movie
Where did you hear this? I'm guessing there are probably several thousand tickets in the allotment for general sale tomorrow.

Generally the presales are just a small chunk of the whole thing.

tk for tu juan
I figured they would have some allotment for the public, but the article above never mentioned it, just that bots bought almost all the tickets. Therefore I asked the question.

The second part of my post was just a theoretical situation, which is why it begins with "Just imagine..."
62strat
AG
i got in past the queue on the radio presale.. seating chart showed up.. mostly grey but I saw 2 pair of seats in lower bowl, clicked one pair, then hit add to basket, and it said sorry another fan already got them, then it kicks you out of the queue, and says sold out hah.

I thought TM just randomly assigned you seats based on price range you pick, and if it's able to secure them, you have your 2-3 minutes to check out and they are yours for sure.

Apparently you have to dial in the arena, find seats, pick them, add to cart before someone else does. Pretty crappy system really, for a high demand show like this.
62strat
AG
tk for tu juan said:

I figured they would have some allotment for the public, but the article above never mentioned it, just that bots bought almost all the tickets. Therefore I asked the question.

The second part of my post was just a theoretical situation, which is why it begins with "Just imagine..."
Bots apparently bought all the 5th member presale ones (the free metallica club).. but that is maybe 5-10% of total tickets.

Gen sale is probably half or more of available seats.
tk for tu juan
Just under an hour and a half to find out if I can get tickets from the general public sale. This should be fun
62strat
AG
Yeh I'm gonna try my hand at it too.. small chance I get some, and smaller chance they are better seats than what I already got.
Counterpoint
AG
tk for tu juan said:

Just under an hour and a half to find out if I can get tickets from the general public sale. This should be fun
How'd it go?
62strat
AG
I got nothing. I had ~72k people in front of me in the Ticketmaster queue hah.

Someone on metclub forums had 100,000 plus. Unbelievable demand for this show.. amazing for this band.
tk for tu juan
Counterpoint said:

tk for tu juan said:

How'd it go?

Similar 62strat, the Ticketmaster iPhone app said there were 2,000+ in queue in front of me, that lasted about 45 min to an hour before I was let in. Everything on the seat map was a resell except a single platinum ticket for Sec 105 Row 2, clicked on it, saw that it was $1,000 and laughed. It disappeared while I laughed. I will go to the Clemson game instead for that amount of money.
62strat
AG
tk for tu juan said:

Counterpoint said:

tk for tu juan said:

How'd it go?

Similar 62strat, the Ticketmaster iPhone app said there were 2,000+ in queue in front of me, that lasted about 45 min to an hour before I was let in. Everything on the seat map was a resell except a single platinum ticket for Sec 105 Row 2, clicked on it, saw that it was $1,000 and laughed. It disappeared while I laughed. I will go to the Clemson game instead for that amount of money.

2000+ was the default number for everyone (unless you were actually less than that. )

A guy on metclub forums figured out how to use developer tools and in the html sonewhere find the actual number.

Last Page
Page 1 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.