Barry Season 2

27,689 Views | 217 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Swarely
Swarely
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Just to be clear, I wasn't complaining about the Inside Hollywood stuff. It was more me wondering how many jokes I'm missing.
Geriatric Punk
AG
TCTTS said:

if Barry lands this movie...
It's a feature.
Life's an endless party, not a pushcart.
Liquid Wrench
oragator said:

This has been one of my hangups on this show. I get why the acting thing is there, just wish it was more for the plot and less for the inside baseball acting stuff.
Seems to me like that's all been pretty central to the plot from the beginning. He kind of stumbled into this double life, decided to go with it, and his first life is endangering people he's started to care about in the second life, as Fuchs keeps trying to pull him back. The constant contrasts between narcissistic low-level actors and his violent other life are what make the show.

I don't think there's much inside baseball, it's just showing this ridiculous tightrope Barry is walking between lucky/happy life and "oh *****"

And it was all there beautifully packed into Sunday night's episode.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
I really hope Barry opens Sunday night with NoHo Hank watching the end of GoT and saying "Fly Drogon, fly like Bug Bunny from the Space Jam"
The Debt
Let's be honest. We are only watching this show for hank
spanky
AG
What about poor man's Sarah Chalke?
LHIOB
AG
Was that Allison Jones? Shes cast some of the best shows of all time. I always pictured her a little different...
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
spanky said:

What about poor man's Sarah Chalke?

In younger days, I may have watched this scene a time or ... 5,000.
Bunk Moreland
Great finale. Got dark. Will be interesting to see how Barry rebounds.

Also like how they kept open multiple plot points we thought may have been tied up (Barry v Fuches and Hank's status and where he falls).
Liquid Wrench
Disappointed. Wanted to see him take Fuches out.

Anyone else get the feeling that Hader plays a lot of first person shooter games?
Bunk Moreland
Really? I'm not ready for Fuches to be off the show.

This was a creative way to keep Hank, Fuches & Cousineau to all stay for another season and as dark as it went with Barry's arc I think it worked.
bigjag19
AG
********** to hell. I'm all amped up now and time to wait 10 months.
Liquid Wrench
bigjag19 said:

********** to hell. I'm all amped up now and time to wait 10 months.
Yep.
oragator
Great great finale, so much great stuff. And the setup for next year is solid - Sally living a lie that got her success, Barry fell of the wagon, Fuches on the run, Hank may be golden or may be in deep doo doo, and Winkler was told about Barry.

I honestly thought they would make the acting scene about Barry, that he would kill Fuches, and that Hank would get his battle. They went the other way on all three, which was great.

Since the standalone the show has really come into its own, three of the four highest rated episodes for the entire show on IMDb are in the last 4. Really looking forward to next year.

Geriatric Punk
AG
oragator said:

Sally living a lie that got her success, Barry fell of the wagon, Fuches on the run, Hank may be golden or may be in deep doo doo, and Winkler was told about Barry.
Succinct summary. Spoiler tags, bro.

Some of the most "holy sheet" carnage I've ever seen. These days, it is hard to surprise audiences. Well done.

Loved the fade to black/into darkness moment at the end. It wasn't subtle, but it was effective without being cheesy.
Life's an endless party, not a pushcart.
2008and1
AG
That finale was great. This second season was incredible and really elevated the show after an amazing first season. As others have said, I didn't expect any of how the finale went down, but I wasn't disappointed by any of it.
Topher17
AG
Finally got to watch the finale last night and it was SO good! It did not go the way I thought, but it was perfect. I think it set up next season perfectly.

This show is so good and still so underrated. I tell all my friends they need to watch and everyone shrugs it off. The year long wait for season 3 is going to suck!
coastalAg
AG
Any other Barry watchers that also like Patriot on Amazon? Patriot is a little more extreme in its absurdity and its darkness, but they have a similar general vibe. Both great shows.

Agree with all of the opinions on Barry finale. They absolutely knocked it out of the park this season.
OldShadeOfBlue
AG
Duncan Idaho said:

You must hate breaking bad, game of thrones, mad men, better call Saul, Deadwood, or even just living life.
oragator: I like oranges but I wish they were sweeter
Duncan Idaho: You must hate apples, bananas, mangos, grapes, strawberries, or even just eating food.
OldShadeOfBlue
AG
Just started this show a couple weeks ago. Not perfect, but I really enjoyed the situational comedy and great drama. Kinda reminds me of if you flipped a normal drama on it's head. Most dramas are filled with emotional moments that use comedy to break the tension. This does the opposite and does it really well.

The only disappointment I have is that I thought it was on it's third season already. When I finished the S2 finale last night I was like, wait, that's it!? No mo No Ho Hank??
mike_ags_fan12
Wife and I binged both seasons in the past week. Best tv show out there. We both were taken away by Sally and Barry's monologue in front of gene and the class. We see them as actors already but when they flipped to another set of actors while acting, its remarkable. Can't wait for Season 3.

Also as mentioned above, Noho Hank is the best character out there. So polite like Honest Gabe
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
investorAg83 said:

NoHo Hank's rooftop 50/50 celebration dance may be my favorite thing on this show so far...

'My guys suck balls...'
'Well if we are suck balls then you are king of suck balls mountain.'

You want me to go to John Wick assassin hotel?
RichardSplet
I liked Patriot quite a bit.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Got curious to see what Anthony Carrigan looked like before the hair loss. Kind of looked like Tom Hardy and Logan Marshall-Green.

Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Just finished ep 5. What the hell did I just watch?
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
I have to agree with Muck on that episode. It's a little too wacky and zany for me. Got progressively more ridiculous and it got to the point where everything kept going from bad to worse but somehow they got out of it. Like, Fuches literally hits a cop car and nobody stops him?
TexasAggies06
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

I have to agree with Muck on that episode. It's a little too wacky and zany for me. Got progressively more ridiculous and it got to the point where everything kept going from bad to worse but somehow they got out of it. Like, Fuches literally hits a cop car and nobody stops him?
Been a few weeks since I watched that episode but I thought the cop car he hit was probably Detective Loach. He entered the store not long after that, right? He wouldn't have cared that Fuches hit his car, he was focused on taking out Ronny.
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

I think the flying demon girl was much more unrealistic. The episode reminds me of Atlanta.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Really enjoyed the finale, except for Barry single-handedly killing all the Chechens and Bolivians, not taking a single bullet, and Fuches miraculously escaping.

That's really my main and only gripe about this show. You have to completely suspend disbelief with some of these scenes because they make no sense.

It's annoying that the characters can escape from seemingly insurmountable odds just about anytime.

But the very last scene was good, and sets up a very interesting Season 3. That was the Hank on the toilet moment I've been waiting for since the S1 finale.
expresswrittenconsent
Huh?
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Which part?
expresswrittenconsent
I just enjoy the irony of you calling out me for posting about something unrealistic in JW3 barely an hour ago yet here you are complaining about having to suspend disbelief in a show where nothing is realistic.
israeliag
AG
investorAg83 said:

NoHo Hank's rooftop 50/50 celebration dance may be my favorite thing on this show so far...

'My guys suck balls...'
'Well if we are suck balls then you are king of suck balls mountain.'
Credit Anthony Carrigan for making this so brilliant:

Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Uh, asking for clarification is not the same as "calling you out". You said the Continental hotel created ridiculous plot holes, with no explanation or context.

Not sure why that upset you.
expresswrittenconsent
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Uh, asking for clarification is not the same as "calling you out". You said the Continental hotel created ridiculous plot holes, with no explanation or context.

Not sure why that upset you.

Relax, dude. Nobody is upset.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.