Barry Season 2

27,773 Views | 217 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Swarely
Duncan Idaho
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Sex Panther said:

Max Power said:

The only villain of recent memory for me that is just evil for evil's sake but is still awesome is The Joker in The Dark Knight.

Joffrey and Ramsay

But agree with your sentiment for the most part

It always amazed me how sympathetic they made Ramsey.

It would have been easy to make him a caricature but the show made you understand who he was, his motivations and ultimately made him some one the audience could get behind.
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
Max Power said:

The sympathetic villain is difficult to pull off, but when done well it makes the story told so much better. Barry does this, just like Breaking Bad, and Better Call Saul. Villains that are evil, just for evils sake, tend to make poor stories, with few exceptions. Thanos in Infinity War at least has a reason for what he's doing, same as Magneto in the X-Men films. The only villain of recent memory for me that is just evil for evil's sake but is still awesome is The Joker in The Dark Knight.

In addition to the GOT characters, I'd add Lorne Malvo in Fargo.

I get your sentiment though, villains with understandable reasons are way better.
Bunk Moreland
strong start to the season
investorAg83
AG
NoHo Hank's rooftop 50/50 celebration dance may be my favorite thing on this show so far...

'My guys suck balls...'
'Well if we are suck balls then you are king of suck balls mountain.'
Bunk Moreland
I ultimately laughed at that scene because I love Hank, but I when I watched last night I thought to myself without Hank to pull it off, I'd hate a similar scene on almost every other show.
Sports-Ag
AG
"North Hollywood Henry"

Looks like they were going to kill Hank in the pilot but he was too funny.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.indiewire.com/2019/03/barry-almost-killed-noho-hank-bill-hader-1202054680/amp/
LHIOB
AG
Hank is must watch TV. Every scene he is in I expect gold and he continues to deliver. His accent and timing really tie it all together.

I want to find a way for him to run into Jonah Ryan while his is campaigning in Hollywood...
Punked Shank
AG
Just watching season 1. Great show and glad it continues with season 2
k20dub
AG
Did y'all watch the interview after the episode?

Really interesting how they were talking about how we change the truth of our own stories to the way we want to remember it. That's so accurate. Pretty deep for a 25 minute dark comedy show. Makes me appreciate the show even more when there's stuff thought out like that.
KidDoc
AG
We watched S1 then S2 and were disappointed when we caught up last night. Fantastic show really enjoying it.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Robert C. Christian
AG
I am embarrassed to admit i just realized Noho wasn't his name but is short for North Hollywood.
Sports-Ag
AG
Robert C. Christian said:

I am embarrassed to admit i just realized Noho wasn't his name but is short for North Hollywood.

Don't worry, I was too. Didn't take me until the last episode when he was dreaming is where I saw it. Started laughing when I finally caught it.
Geriatric Punk
AG
We had to read the Lexus and the Olive Tree as part of our 400 level business/study abroad program. Made me laugh.

And, yes, I didn't get the NoHo thing until now either. This show is the best.
Life's an endless party, not a pushcart.
tk for tu juan
The cool part about last week's episode was during Barry's story about a time when he saved a life. Just after his buddy is shot, something happens off screen that causes him to turn his head and look back in anger. He is on the left third of the screen and there were sounds of a women screaming off screen. At the end of the episode when Sally's ex-husband shows up, Barry is on the right third of the screen looking back in anger. This will be his next chance to save a life.
tk for tu juan
Wow, did not see that ending coming and how the flashback turned out
OldArmy71
AG
This show has excellent acting from top to bottom.
Al Bula
AG
Best show on HBO. I say that seriously since Game of Thrones has gone full soap opera.

I'd be scared to meet Bill Hader in real life. I could absolutely believe he is loco and conflicted just like his character.
k20dub
AG
Another great episode
LHIOB
AG
Great twist
Thunder18
AG
Great episode, very dark. I did chuckle at what Hank was wearing at the Chechneyan assassin training session
Bunk Moreland
Best show on TV
Bunk Moreland
I'm fully comfortable never changing my handle again once I got to Bunk years ago so I won't....but if I were in the market, North Hollywood Henry would be what I'd go with.
LHIOB
AG
I noticed last night that Anthony Carrigan is 4th lead. Pretty great story from being killed in E1 to being one of, if not the, funniest character on TV.

I keep on hoping to see Carrigan on some long form podcast because Id love to hear his story. Its a shame that Kevin Pollak's Chat Show is done.
CFTXAG10
AG
I just got a chance to watch last nights episode. Holy **** this show is gold!
TCTTS
AG
Just FYI, a bunch of critics have already seen next week's episode - episode five - and so many of them are RAVING about it. Apparently it's pretty special. Combined with The Battle of Winterfell episode of Game of Thrones, HBO is looking to have pretty big night come Sunday.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
Best part was him telling FUches on the phone that someone had suggested he do Samuel L. Jackson's monologue from Deep Blue Sea
NorthHollywoodHenry
AG
Bunk Moreland said:

I'm fully comfortable never changing my handle again once I got to Bunk years ago so I won't....but if I were in the market, North Hollywood Henry would be what I'd go with.
Beat you to the punch...

Bunk Moreland
****in Henry Winkler...such a good actor. When Barry is telling that horrible, tragic story you feel so awkward watching the flashback and then right into "you should never tell that story to anyone ever again"
Sports-Ag
AG
TCTTS said:

Just FYI, a bunch of critics have already seen next week's episode - episode five - and so many of them are RAVING about it. Apparently it's pretty special. Combed with The Battle of Winterfell episode of Game of Thrones, HBO is looking to have pretty big night come Sunday.

That's good to hear but I may need a few minutes to gather myself after GoT this coming Sunday.

This show continues to deliver. Good story, NoHo Henry what he was wearing , Fuch up on the balcony and Barry surprising him and climbing the balcony, and lastly that twist. Did not see that coming.
k20dub
AG
Was I the only one who thought Fuches was going to fall off the balcony and die? I thought that was the only way I saw Barry getting out of all of that mess with the officer.
Bunk Moreland
I thought Barry was going to go real emotional about losing his partner in war and the guy would break down in the other room and not be able to open the door.
k20dub
AG
Ah I could've seen that too
Liquid Wrench
Shife said:

I'd be scared to meet Bill Hader in real life. I could absolutely believe he is loco and conflicted just like his character.
Don't know of a way to find it now, but his episode on Norm MacDonald Live was great. Very calm, cerebral guy with a sense of humor.
Sports-Ag
AG
?cid=19f5b51a5cbe91d94b6c654d419c73b8
Txmoe
AG
Good (but short) interview article with Anthony Carrigan (NoHo Hank). Talks about how he developed his character and how he went from dying in the first episode to becoming a series regular.

https://www.thrillist.com/entertainment/nation/barry-hbo-anthony-carrigan-interview-noho-hank

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.