*****SURVIVOR: EDGE OF EXTINCTION*****

23,106 Views | 247 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by bbattbq01
Fat Bib Fortuna
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I really don't like the second chance format at all. The finality of Tribal Council, particularly the blindsides, remains the most compelling part of the game. I don't like people that get voted off to be able to get back in.
10Aggie10
AG
agreed.
I'm not a fan of people getting to come back in, especially when they get to sit around for so long. if Edge were so difficult, there would be more people raising the flag
Bobcat06
AG
I do love the bitterness of exile island, at least early in the season.
Bulldog73
AG
If Lauren makes final tribal, she very likely wins with as many friends as she and Wentworth have on EoE. Devens would be worthy. As would the younger guy - who's name I can't remember. He seems to be an influencer, but not great in challenges.
G Martin 87
AG
The contrast between EoE and Ponderosa on group dynamics is fascinating, though. Shelter and food make a huge difference.
Southlake
We all love a Lauren, but aside from her Purple Paradise, she needs to get more involved. She hasn't orchestrated a major move and surprisingly for a college athlete is middle of the pack. I think lack of nutrition has really hurt her. She passed out during a IC and has had some emotional issues. She seem stronger now and with an Idol, could make a strong move to be a contender. Aurora is very strong and has played a great game, but she's consistently considered for elimination and will be gone soon.

Wardog is an uncoordinated yard ape. I mistakenly thought withhis sports tattoos and aggressive manner that he'd be a better athlete. Not only is he uncoordinated, but he's also dumb at puzzles.

Seems so far this year, and as espoused at the last TC, that players are afraid to make big moves because they are worried about being targeted as being a strong player.

As far as Devins goes, I think he's doomed. He's been the best player, involved with moves and surprisingly winning two ICs, and fighting his way back from EoE, but remember he was voted off early for being annoying and now, he's still annoying and unpopular but also is targeted as a strong player: he's toast next week.
LHIOB
AG
Im shocked at how entertianing this season has been with a nearly complete lack of advatages being played. It just goes to show they dont NEED those if they have entertaining people.

I dont mind EoE but Reem getting to vote for the winner is insane. She hasnt even met half the cast! She could be voting for people shes only seen at tribal and heard about from other players.
blackgoldag11
AG
Best tribal ever
Premium
AG
Hole E .... Devins with the best game - made Julie and Ron villains and himself the best, all in one speech / game move!

Think about it - JULIE is a villain !!
aggietony2010
AG
The two useless girls were actually smart enough to make a play. Lots of smart play tonight.

Looks like Gavin got in on it too.
riley290
AG
I'm reasonably certain that Reem has had the last line of every episode so far.

The jury really thinks they're cute, I wish they would make them rein it in some. And they only put a bigger target on the person they're openly cheering for.

Devins spilling the tea on Ron and Julie during his idol play was awesome. I don't think he's playing that great of a game as he hasn't voted the right way since the merge, but he's kept himself in the game and will have to fight to stay in.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Southlake
Great Tribal.
Tabasco
AG
aggietony2010 said:

The two useless girls were actually smart enough to make a play. Lots of smart play tonight.

Pretty sure it was only Lauren and Gavin x 2 that voted for Ron for a total of 3 votes against Ron. Victoria voted "Rick" (Devins)
aggietony2010
AG
Tabasco said:

aggietony2010 said:

Pretty sure it was only Lauren and Gavin x 2 that voted for Ron for a total of 3 votes against Ron. Victoria voted "Rick" (Devins)

I think that may have been intentional. They still wanted Rick gone. Their move was only intended in the situation where Devins played an idol.

It was a great tribal. I think Devins days are numbered, but that was a Top 25 Tribal Council moment
Southlake
Geez they all hate Rick!
bbattbq01
AG
Southlake said:

Geez they all hate Rick!

I don't think they hate him... they just know if he makes it to the final tribal he's going to get ALL the votes.
Tony Franklins Other Shoe
AG
Always good to see the smug ******* of the group get his torch snuffed.
Counterpoint
AG
THAT was a fun episode!
aTmAg
AG
Rick is a dead man walking. Idols don't get reintroduced forever. First time he loses a challenge after he is out of there.
bbattbq01
AG
Only 2 episodes left... there is hope for him!
leachfan
Anyone else notice that Ron instantly turned into a flamer as soon as boyfriend showed up? I had no idea he was homosexual to that point.
aTmAg
AG
leachfan said:

Anyone else notice that Ron instantly turned into a flamer as soon as boyfriend showed up? I had no idea he was homosexual to that point.
You know it had to be somebody. Survivor clearly has a gay quota that they have to meet every season.
Bulldog73
AG
Aurora has been out I thought, but personally I always thought Ron was too with his mannerisms.
double aught
AG
leachfan said:

He had mentioned it at least once but didn't make a big thing out of it. Definitely upped the flamboyance when the husband showed up.
aggietony2010
AG
leachfan said:

There's a scene in the first couple episodes where he basically leads the tribe in a cheerleader routine. Let's just say his tribe didn't need to win flint to have access to flame.
leachfan
Bulldog73 said:

Aurora has been out I thought, but personally I always thought Ron was too with his mannerisms.
Speaking of Aurora, did they introduce her friend or family last night? If so, I totally missed it. I did see her with someone though. Who was it?
aggietony2010
AG
leachfan said:

Bulldog73 said:

Speaking of Aurora, did they introduce her friend or family last night? If so, I totally missed it. I did see her with someone though. Who was it?

Brother. Possibly adoptive, as she was in the foster care system.
Southlake
Rick would still have to survive the jury. Remember, he was voted out second. Early departures are usually caused by poor social skills - Reem was obviously the worst. Rick has done great with ICs and getting an idol. He's worked hard and playedherd, but even if he gets to the final, they all hate him.

He'll spend the next episode searching for another idol or dying during the IC, otherwise he's gone.
Bobcat06
AG
Southlake said:

Rick would still have to survive the jury. Remember, he was voted out second. Early departures are usually caused by poor social skills - Reem was obviously the worst. Rick has done great with ICs and getting an idol. He's worked hard and playedherd, but even if he gets to the final, they all hate him.

He'll spend the next episode searching for another idol or dying during the IC, otherwise he's gone.
I agree Rick's next on the chopping block, but the idea that he's unpopular is incorrect.

Rick was voted out 4th after Reem Keith & Chris. In that episode, the easy vote was Wendy due to her anti-social behavior (she was freeing the chickens), but Team Wentworth decided to blindside Team David and vote out Rick because he was seen as a social and strategic threat.

MooreTrucker
AG
aggietony2010 said:

leachfan said:

Bulldog73 said:

I had a thought last night - has anyone ever NOT had a loved one show up?
Bobcat06
AG
Does Jonny Fairplay count?
aggietony2010
AG
MooreTrucker said:

aggietony2010 said:

leachfan said:

Bulldog73 said:

I had a thought last night - has anyone ever NOT had a loved one show up?

In either season 1 or season 2 (I think season 1), instead of loved ones visiting, it was letters from home. One contestant did not receive one. It was pretty sad.

It was Jenna from season 1. She expected a video of her daughters and didn't get one.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
aTmAg said:

leachfan said:

You know it had to be somebody. Survivor clearly has a gay quota that they have to meet every season.
who cares?
aTmAg
AG
MuckRaker96 said:

aTmAg said:

leachfan said:

who cares?
Apparently CBS.
herb96
AG
Is your gaydar broke?

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.