*****SURVIVOR: EDGE OF EXTINCTION*****

16,927 Views | 248 Replies | Last: 6 mo ago by bbattbq01
leachfan
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Apparently
LHIOB
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
So 2 out of 18 are gay

Why do you care?
agsquirrel97
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Bobcat06 said:

Southlake said:

Rick would still have to survive the jury. Remember, he was voted out second. Early departures are usually caused by poor social skills - Reem was obviously the worst. Rick has done great with ICs and getting an idol. He's worked hard and playedherd, but even if he gets to the final, they all hate him.

He'll spend the next episode searching for another idol or dying during the IC, otherwise he's gone.
I agree Rick's next on the chopping block, but the idea that he's unpopular is incorrect.

Rick was voted out 4th after Reem Keith & Chris. In that episode, the easy vote was Wendy due to her anti-social behavior (she was freeing the chickens), but Team Wentworth decided to blindside Team David and vote out Rick because he was seen as a social and strategic threat.




IIRC they had already split to 3 tribes and Wendy wasn't there. When Rick got voted out it was the 5 of them having a love fest about how sad this was because they were family. Wardog had to either vote with the 2 girls or vote with David / Devins.

ETA but I think your point is spot on, he was considered a strong threat and wardog felt more comfortable beating the girls.
MuckRaker96
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
My biggest compliment to Rick at this point is his ability to use his professional experience to control the audience - particularly at tribal council. He's very quick on his feet with the self-effacing humor to keep from looking egotistical, but I'm not sure there's been a more perfectly delivered move at Tribal ever than his execution of playing the fake Idol, absolutely destroying Ron and Julie's reputations to the jury with his lines about embarrassing him, making him look like a clown in front of his kids, and both of them being untrustworthy and big liars and then playing the real idol to end send Ron to EOE.

In that instant, he literally outplayed them - they were trying to play him for a fool with the fake idol and he was able to overcome the bag search, climb the tree without anyone noticing, and get himself an idol to save his skin in an extremely small window of time, and then still convince them he was trying to just survive the vote and was willing to vote anyway possible. I loved him sitting there at the campfire trying saying "WHO WANTS TO WORK TOGETHER?" when the rest of them are staring at their feet. Hilarious.

I know he'll be a target again, but he should really hammer the rest of them with the idea that Gavin and his story about marrying his wife and leaving 2 days later for Survivor is going to win the jury vote running away.
Southlake
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Again, we can agree to disagree but I see Rick as very unpopular and that's forced him to play his somewhat desperate game.

But I do agree that he's played the best and hardest of anybody out there.

On a separate note, someone from EoE is still gonna be in the mix. Do you think the EoE players on the jury (all of them as a matter of fact) will back an EoE player in the finals? What if it's Joe?
MuckRaker96
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
It has to be this week that someone gets back into the game. And if they do anything other than immediately vote that person off barring them winning II, they are idiots.

double aught
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
MuckRaker96 said:

My biggest compliment to Rick at this point is his ability to use his professional experience to control the audience - particularly at tribal council. He's very quick on his feet with the self-effacing humor to keep from looking egotistical, but I'm not sure there's been a more perfectly delivered move at Tribal ever than his execution of playing the fake Idol, absolutely destroying Ron and Julie's reputations to the jury with his lines about embarrassing him, making him look like a clown in front of his kids, and both of them being untrustworthy and big liars and then playing the real idol to end send Ron to EOE.

In that instant, he literally outplayed them - they were trying to play him for a fool with the fake idol and he was able to overcome the bag search, climb the tree without anyone noticing, and get himself an idol to save his skin in an extremely small window of time, and then still convince them he was trying to just survive the vote and was willing to vote anyway possible. I loved him sitting there at the campfire trying saying "WHO WANTS TO WORK TOGETHER?" when the rest of them are staring at their feet. Hilarious.

I know he'll be a target again, but he should really hammer the rest of them with the idea that Gavin and his story about marrying his wife and leaving 2 days later for Survivor is going to win the jury vote running away.
Yep. Very well done. I just thought he was on the verge of too much grandstanding at the end. A little more of that would turn me off.
jac4
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
leachfan said:

Anyone else notice that Ron instantly turned into a flamer as soon as boyfriend showed up? I had no idea he was homosexual to that point.


You may need your gaydar recalibrated.
LHIOB
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
The only issue is dragging two people who could be voting for you also sending Ron to EoE with a very sour taste that could sway other jury members.

The other negative for Rick is he has almost never been on the right side of the vote. The positive to that is he didnt vote people off so he has that in his back pocket if he makes final tribal.
Premium
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Insane! Devens got both Gavins and Vic to vote against Aurora!!! He's going to win this season!
blackgoldag11
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Devens is on a whole different level, dude is killing it and should win. If he doesn't, it will suck
aggietony2010
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
blackgoldag11 said:

Devens is on a whole different level, dude is killing it and should win. If he doesn't, it will suck


He's playing chess and they're trying to figure out how to play checkers.
Tony Franklins Other Shoe
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Dumbasses. Vote out Julie and put one vote on Aurora so if he followed through with his threat, at least you made him burn his idol. If he gets anywhere near the end he wins against those powder puffs.
Bobcat06
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I've never figured out how someone can feel safe in an alliance of 4 with 6 people left.
agsquirrel97
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
At this point, I think even Julie votes devens out if he isn't protected, they all know he could walk into final tribal council and take a dump right in front of everyone while ignoring every question they ask him and he would win unanimously.

Devens gets back to final 5 with HII (after a player returns). He has to figure out how to get from 5 to 4 and then anything can happen building fire for final 3. The tribal council with 5 is gonna be tricky. If the returning player is still around at 5 he may convince everyone a Joe (or similar) is a bigger threat at 5 and get to 4.

Shaping up to be fun.
Premium
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Tony Franklins Other Shoe said:

Dumbasses. Vote out Julie and put one vote on Aurora so if he followed through with his threat, at least you made him burn his idol. If he gets anywhere near the end he wins against those powder puffs.


I think they had the votes anyways. Lauren was looking to vote with Julie and Devens. It just made it more spectacular that they got both Gavins and Vic.
double aught
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Yeah, I think they were already planning on voting Aurora. It made no sense for Rick to broadcast his plan. Keeping it a secret would allow him and Julie to dictate who left. Surely they realized this and weren't just reacting to his bluff.
Premium
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
double aught said:

Yeah, I think they were already planning on voting Aurora. It made no sense for Rick to broadcast his plan. Keeping it a secret would allow him and Julie to dictate who left. Surely they realized this and weren't just reacting to his bluff.


If I were Devens I would have gone after Gavins. He's a huge physical threat and has the sob story of no honeymoon.
bac
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Premium said:

double aught said:

Yeah, I think they were already planning on voting Aurora. It made no sense for Rick to broadcast his plan. Keeping it a secret would allow him and Julie to dictate who left. Surely they realized this and weren't just reacting to his bluff.


If I were Devens I would have gone after Gavins. He's a huge physical threat


You serious?

Aurora is more of a physical threat isn't she?
Premium
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
bac said:

Premium said:

double aught said:

Yeah, I think they were already planning on voting Aurora. It made no sense for Rick to broadcast his plan. Keeping it a secret would allow him and Julie to dictate who left. Surely they realized this and weren't just reacting to his bluff.


If I were Devens I would have gone after Gavins. He's a huge physical threat


You serious?

Aurora is more of a physical threat isn't she?


Gavin has an arm and can shoot things pretty good. He has carried his team in a few challenges and just won a reward tonight

Additionally, I would rather sit next to Aurora than Gavins in finals.
blackgoldag11
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
IMO, ricks plan just worked perfectly. He scared them saying he was saving Julie. Even if they didn't believe him, they still saw the idol. Then when he didn't play it for Julie, they all assumed he was obviously just bluffing(judging by Lauren's smirk) when in all actuality he does indeed have the idol and they will vote for him next time. Worked either way for him to screw with their heads
Foxymophandlemama
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
aggietony2010 said:

leachfan said:

Bulldog73 said:

Aurora has been out I thought, but personally I always thought Ron was too with his mannerisms.
Speaking of Aurora, did they introduce her friend or family last night? If so, I totally missed it. I did see her with someone though. Who was it?


Brother. Possibly adoptive, as she was in the foster care system.
You can have siblings AND be in the foster care system.

aggietony2010
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Rudyjax said:

aggietony2010 said:

leachfan said:

Bulldog73 said:

Aurora has been out I thought, but personally I always thought Ron was too with his mannerisms.
Speaking of Aurora, did they introduce her friend or family last night? If so, I totally missed it. I did see her with someone though. Who was it?


Brother. Possibly adoptive, as she was in the foster care system.
You can have siblings AND be in the foster care system.




Hence the possibly.
Foxymophandlemama
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
And possibly not.
aggietony2010
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Rudyjax said:

And possibly not.


Right, that's what possibly means. It covers both scenarios. That's why I included it at the time.

Turns out, it's her biological brother.

expresswrittenconsent
How long do you want to ignore this user?
aggietony2010 said:

Rudyjax said:

And possibly not.


Right, that's what possibly means. It covers both scenarios. That's why I included it at the time.

Turns out, it's her biological brother.



Haha. Well, you ain't wrong.
Kellso
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Just got caught up on the entire season and damn.....Lauren keep getting hotter every episode. Her curves were popping out everywhere in those bikini shots.

I've always wondered if Survivor makes their female applicants run around in swimsuits to see how appealing they would be to television viewers.
MooreTrucker
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Kellso said:

Just got caught up on the entire season and damn.....Lauren keep getting hotter every episode. Her curves were popping out everywhere in those bikini shots.

I've always wondered if Survivor makes their female applicants run around in swimsuits to see how appealing they would be to television viewers.
Aubrey, for example
LHIOB
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Kellso said:

Just got caught up on the entire season and damn.....Lauren keep getting hotter every episode. Her curves were popping out everywhere in those bikini shots.

I've always wondered if Survivor makes their female applicants run around in swimsuits to see how appealing they would be to television viewers.

Considering they havent even given them swimsuits the last few seasons I doubt it.
Premium
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
LHIOB said:

Kellso said:

Just got caught up on the entire season and damn.....Lauren keep getting hotter every episode. Her curves were popping out everywhere in those bikini shots.

I've always wondered if Survivor makes their female applicants run around in swimsuits to see how appealing they would be to television viewers.

Considering they havent even given them swimsuits the last few seasons I doubt it.


My wife caught a little of the last episode and noted how "they are wearing underwear!"... she doesn't watch it at all.
bbattbq01
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Finish it, Rick!
MuckRaker96
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I'm dismayed they are letting and EoE player back into the mix this late. I'd like to see it be a double process where they have to win vs. the other EOE players, and then win an immunity challenge against the rest of the main island players to actually move on.

Unlikely, but what if all the EoE players made a pact to vote for whoever made it back into the game should the returner make the FInal 3? It would destroy the show's credibility.
LHIOB
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
The EoE player will have to win he comp to get in and then the next Imunity comp or they will go home. If they get to 4 and get to make fire it will be game on.

I dont like that Reem will have a vote for the winner when theres a chance she never met some of the F3. I do give her credit for spending 5 weeks living like a castaway.
double aught
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I give them credit for trying new things. It's the main reason the show last lasted 20 years. But yeah, anything that allows someone to come back after being votes off, especially this season's setup where they come back right at the end, I'm not a fan of.
MooreTrucker
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
LHIOB said:

The EoE player will have to win he comp to get in and then the next Imunity comp or they will go home. If they get to 4 and get to make fire it will be game on.

I dont like that Reem will have a vote for the winner when theres a chance she never met some of the F3. I do give her credit for spending 5 weeks living like a castaway.
I keep thinking there's something to the fact that EVERY episode ends with her voice saying something.....
 
×
Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.
Only 2 days left to sign up for the Early Signing Day Special!
The 2019 regular season has wrapped and we’ve officially entered the early signing period stretch as the Ags hope to sign most of their elite 2020 recruiting class. In other words, it's a great time to try out TexAgs Premium! Sign up today and you can give TexAgs Premium a try until December 21st for only $1. The last chance to take advantage of this offer is Saturday, December 7th.