*****SURVIVOR: EDGE OF EXTINCTION*****

23,174 Views | 247 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by bbattbq01
bbattbq01
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Rons face when I think it was third vote for Eric was read was soooo awesome.

Please baby Jesus let Lauren win a reward challenge so she can eat something and doesn't die.
Rudyjax
AG
bbattbq01 said:

Rons face when I think it was third vote for Eric was read was soooo awesome.

Please baby Jesus let Lauren win a reward challenge so she can eat something and doesn't die.

I was worried she'd get evacuated.
MooreTrucker
AG
And based on that, I suspect when she gets voted off, she may be the first to NOT go to EoE.

Which will make me sad.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
I loved David at tribal saying "And I really can't believe I"m agreeing with something that War Dog said"

aggietoolman
AG
Excellent episode, but you knew as soon as the HII wasn't played by Kelley and Lauren it was going to be Eric or Ron.
gambochaman
AG
need one of those wrestling challenges

Lauren vs Aurora

make it happen
MooreTrucker
AG
THIS IS AWESOME!!!!!!
bbattbq01
AG
What a train wreck... what the f happened with Julia this week??? She's been super quiet the whole time and picks NOW as the time to go full bish mode?
LHIOB
AG
You knew it was going to be good when they go to Tribal with 30 mins left in the episode

Julia was worthless

Also someone needs to explain to Julie that you are playing F****** SURVIVOR

Wentworth and Lauren both have idols and the numbers. Could be a fun finish full of strong players who all have a case at winning.

Finally there are few things better than watching someone go from "puppet master" to the bottom in one vote. Humility on Survivor is the best.
aggietony2010
AG
LHIOB said:

You knew it was going to be good when they go to Tribal with 30 mins left in the episode

My wife and I thought we had somehow skipped a segment, and then I remembered the tease from last week's preview and enjoyed the show. It's hard to pick a clear favorite from the group. Solid season so far.
Rudyjax
AG
They literally flipped on Julia during tribal. And Jeff just shut up and let it happen.

I'm not sure I've ever seen that before.

I wonder if they were really going to go with Kelly and she got lucky or were they splitting votes? I have no idea what the plan was.
Frozen Concoction
Yeah, I couldn't really follow the cascade of events that led to Julia getting voted out either. There were so many competing schemes and not enough people settled on their vote pre-tribal. There was one verbal misstep and everything flipped.
Frozen Concoction
gambochaman said:

Lauren vs Aurora

make it happen

Aurora looks like the kind of woman who has a blade stashed on her person at all times. I'd be worried for Lauren.
MooreTrucker
AG
Frozen Concoction said:

gambochaman said:

Lauren vs Aurora

make it happen

Aurora looks like the kind of woman who has a blade stashed on her person at all times. I'd be worried for Lauren.
Evidently, Aurora grew up in the foster care system so you might not be far off.
Tabasco
AG
MooreTrucker said:

Frozen Concoction said:

gambochaman said:

Lauren vs Aurora

make it happen

Evidently, Aurora grew up in the foster care system so you might not be far off.
Did she really? I must have missed that!
Tabasco
AG
Rudyjax said:

They literally flipped on Julia during tribal. And Jeff just shut up and let it happen.

I'm not sure I've ever seen that before.

I wonder if they were really going to go with Kelly and she got lucky or were they splitting votes? I have no idea what the plan was.
I think they were going for Kelly, everyone avoided gazes and talking (which made her antenna go up), and stupid Julia overacted with her winks, and "we are good" to keep her in the dark. Between that and Aurora talking too much (did not understand how she was blowing their cover like they said, but it was pretty stupid to call them out in tribal telling them that they are dysfunctional and stupid because they could unite and take control... asinine).
MooreTrucker
AG
Tabasco said:

MooreTrucker said:

Frozen Concoction said:

gambochaman said:

Lauren vs Aurora

make it happen

Did she really? I must have missed that!
Yeah, Jeff mentioned it in his recap with EW. Said that was the difference between Lauren and Julie. Julie was a mom with kids so it hit her differently than Lauren who grew up in the foster care system and was therefore a bit tougher.
Tabasco
AG
I just looked and noticed it was in her bio. Interesting. As an aside, I noticed Victoria (redhead) put in her bio that she was the valedictorian of her college. Clearly self-appointed valedictorian because she got a 4.0 in Geography from Hunter College in New York (yeah, I haven't heard of it either). In her bio, she says:

What is your personal claim to fame?

I was valedictorian of my college with a perfect 4.0 and I bring it up in conversation as much as possible.

She has a profile on "Barefoot Student" wanting a job as a professional assistant. There, she again brags she was the valedictorian of her college, and she has worked at Ruby and Jack's Doggy Shack, New York, NY: July 2013-present as an office manager. Nothing wrong with that, but do you really need to call yourself valedictorian. Just say 4.0 in college... people will get it.
bac
AG
Which of you is right? Aurora or Lauren in foster care system?

ETA: Wtf? Mooretrucker which is it?
Southlake
So...does this set the precedent for a free for all at Tribal? Seems that's the best time to flip the scenario. A great strategy if you're on the bottom and need to muddy the waters without having the players on top to have enough time to reorganize.
MooreTrucker
AG
bac said:

Which of you is right? Aurora or Lauren in foster care system?

ETA: Wtf? Mooretrucker which is it?
Sorry, I got them mixed up in my second post. From Probst:

Quote:

If you contrast Julie and Aurora you get a very clear illustration of one reason Survivor is compelling and maybe some further insight into why a Tribal can suddenly go "live" when a moment earlier it seemed fine. Julie is a wife and a mom with kids. She is missing them. She is exhausted and wears her emotions on her sleeve. So she is not as stable as she was on day one. This isn't a surprise to the other players, nor to Julie. It's just part of her makeup. Aurora, on the other hand, comes from a very different world. She comes from the foster care system. She has been on her own most of her life. She is a very strong woman who by necessity has learned to rely on herself to get through most things in life. As a result, her emotions are not as easily visible because she can't allow them to be. Nothing is going to break her.
riley290
AG
I thought it was a pretty good double boot episode, i wouldn't have guessed those two both leaving.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
gus1390
AG
returning players all on edge of extinction
MooreTrucker
AG
gus1390 said:

And two went with an idol/advantage in their pocket, right?
bbattbq01
AG
MooreTrucker said:

gus1390 said:

And two went with an idol/advantage in their pocket, right?

Yes... Audrey had one I think and obviously Kelly.

Happy Kelly is gone she was annoying me. Really don't know who I want to win yet. Usually by now I've picked my favorite. Edge of extinction is still a wild card too.
Tony Franklins Other Shoe
AG
I don't care for WarDork at all, but have to give him props if the edit is true and he spearheaded that move.

I'd root for Aurora now or Lauren for the obvious reason (dirty island hot).
bbattbq01
AG
Wardog is comedy gold in challenges.
Yes, Lauren is smoking.
I do like bevins, I just don't think he really stands a chance.
I have to think Wardog has to be one of the next couple votes... he has no advantages but he's been pulling all the strings (at least as far as we see in the edit).
Bobcat06
AG
Wardog also got Kama to flip and vote out Eric by pointing out that Julie et al were in the bottom half. He is a dork but he's played a good social game.

I hope Ron realizes this and votes him out next time.
Bulldog73
AG
I've been as impressed with Wardog's social game as I've been disappointed in challenges. Aurora is so scrappy plus the fact that she doesn't have any real ties makes me think she may stick around for a while.

Ron has been less strategic than I initially imagined. And I've never seen someone go from meltdown to strange powerbroker like Julie did in that trial last week.

Also going back to last week, Julia's got the world's worst poker face. She did pick up on tension in that tribal because she had said too much, then panicked when Aurora said a relatively benign thing.

I did love the complete chaos of that tribal, and we legitimately rewound and rewatched it 4 or 5 times to see who was talking to who.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
I don't think I've ever felt the need to screenshot anything off TV before, but tell me I'm not the only one who noticed Wardog's astonishing lack of progress after Devens won the Star Puzzle contest.

blackgoldag11
AG
MuckRaker96 said:

I don't think I've ever felt the need to screenshot anything off TV before, but tell me I'm not the only one who noticed Wardog's astonishing lack of progress after Devens won the Star Puzzle contest.

riley290
AG
He was definitely one of the weakest challenge players i've seen, I was amazed at how uncoordinated he was.

Who do you think is coming back from EoE? I figured if Joe won his way back they would have showed more of him out there so I'm scratching that.

Who is the favorite to win, and will any of them deserve it?
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Rudyjax
AG
At this point, Devens if he makes it deserves it.

Is there anyone more bitter than Reems?
She wasn't voted out because of Wentworth, it was because she annoyed the **** out of her tribe and couldn't help with challenges.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
Rick Devens would win on a jury vote today, but it seems like he'll have to keep winning II to get to the Final 3, or 4 I guess, with the firemaking challenge.

No idea who gets back in the game but it really needs to happen soon. Clearly the harsh elements factor is not weighing on those on EoE the way the game makers thought it would .Someone shouldn't get this far in the game while sitting on another beach with no threat of elimination for two weeks. If they do EoE again, they should have an elimination challenge of their own each week - either first one out of it or last one to finish automatically goes home.

Maybe there will be a twist and the remaining players on the main island will get to vote someone back into the game. If i were one of them I would feel really gypped that I've had to survive all these challenges and tribals while one of the people on EoE has to lay around for 2 weeks then win a single challenge to get back into the final 8, 6 or whatever.
Rudyjax
AG
They did that challenge on exile island in the past. They'd have a challenge on exile and a reward/immunity challenge.

People didn't like that. So they're tinkering with it.

I do like everyone who has played can be on the jury if they want to be.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.