Motley Crue - The Dirt movie trailer

16,189 Views | 114 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by YouBet
BCSWguru
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Because Crue is awesome??
91_Aggie
AG
Philo B 93 said:

I'd like to get a download of this movie before it get banned.

People are losing their jobs and reputations over tweets from 10 years ago. Judges are being threatened for their jobs over single accusations from high school parties in the 80s, the Weinstein debacle, Matt Lauer, Kevin Spacey, Michael Jackson... Yet Motley Crue releases this movie that celebrates the worst of every modern day cause, ie #metoo, drugs, drinking and driving, religion, depression, prostitution, personality disorders, ... hell, throw racism in there... I'm waiting for the blowback.

How are Michael Jackson's songs being taken off radio playlists while Motley Crue are doing interviews to promote "The Dirt"?
You don't seem to be able to discern that your entire thesis is based on comparing apples to oranges.

Philo B 93
91_Aggie said:

Philo B 93 said:

I'd like to get a download of this movie before it get banned.

People are losing their jobs and reputations over tweets from 10 years ago. Judges are being threatened for their jobs over single accusations from high school parties in the 80s, the Weinstein debacle, Matt Lauer, Kevin Spacey, Michael Jackson... Yet Motley Crue releases this movie that celebrates the worst of every modern day cause, ie #metoo, drugs, drinking and driving, religion, depression, prostitution, personality disorders, ... hell, throw racism in there... I'm waiting for the blowback.

How are Michael Jackson's songs being taken off radio playlists while Motley Crue are doing interviews to promote "The Dirt"?
You don't seem to be able to discern that your entire thesis is based on comparing apples to oranges.

I can discern plenty, and you know what? It's all fruit. I'm not intending to be critical of the movie. In fact I want my own copy before Netflix caves, as I said earlier.

I'm sure all of the groupies were over 18, sober, willing, and have no hard feelings or shame to this day. Nothing but fond memories.

However.... if one or two come forward with some lies about that not being 100% accurate, movie gone.
SJEAg
AG
Any groupie/potential victim even mentioned by name? Haven't seen it yet, but figure it's all just a blur (which is probably pretty accurate).

I'm sure if anything was going to come out it would have been with the book. It was a bestseller and got a lot of publicity when it came out...and I'm sure had a lot more detail. Not to mention it was first-person so read like a true autobiography, where as I'm sure the movie mostly feels like a movie.
WestAustinAg
AG
Bruce Almighty said:

80s was the worst decade for modern music until the 2000s hit. Of course there was some great stuff in the 80s, but there was a whole lot of bad and unoriginal music that decade as well.
And the 70's were the best. All forms of music mingled together. There will never be another period of greater creativity from as many genres just emerging and then exploding from the grand 3 of blues, country and rock first created in the 60's.
Philo B 93
SJEAg said:

Any groupie/potential victim even mentioned by name? Haven't seen it yet, but figure it's all just a blur (which is probably pretty accurate).

I'm sure if anything was going to come out it would have been with the book. It was a bestseller and got a lot of publicity when it came out...and I'm sure had a lot more detail. Not to mention it was first-person so read like a true autobiography, where as I'm sure the movie mostly feels like a movie.

I would agree. In fact, I would think that somebody who wound up feeling victimized could have said something in the 90s. But the landscape for that sort of thing has been through a huge change since after the book came out. The book was 2002. Pre Twitter, pre Facebook, pre YouTube, even pre MySpace.

In 2019, there must be 1000s of girls, women, who were part of the Motley Crue circus. If one or two, now mid life menopausal , has a bad day, how soon till they make some comments on any social medi that get picked up by The View on a slow news day?
PatAg
AG
Disco
Zombie Jon Snow
AG

Holy crap just started the movie about 10 minutes in and I was like WHOA that's Ramsay Bolton (from GOT) as Mick Mars!!!!!

Shakes the Clown
Y'all remember the Tommy Lee reality show when he enrolls at Nebraska University and he was in their marching band?
rgt99
Big Al 1992 said:

Urban Ag said:

The piss scene with Ozzie was just downright f'n nasty. I get the hard partying, coke, and the women. But I just don't get that at all. Ug, and intravenous drug use just gives me the willies.

How any of these women would sleep with these guys without hauling them in to a doctor first is astounding. One of my favorite lines was when they were out at the pool bragging about all the women they were banging and Mick Mars asks them "do you ever stop and think that basically you're just f'ing the same chicks that the band that came through town last week did?". Ha.

Listen to their Howard Stern interview a few years back. Tommy and Nikki had a contest who could go longest with out bathing their junk and still have a woman service them. It was like 30+ days. The women were willing and plentiful.
i remember that interview, there was a bet between the both of them to see who could make the first girl throw up. I think Tommy won the bet.
YouBet
AG
Urban Ag said:

I'm halfway through and enjoying the hell out of it.

Must say, did not expect to see a squirter in the first two minutes. Now that's how you open a movie about rock stars.
Wife and I watched it last weekend. I'm still wondering what my wife thought was going on in that scene. I'm 1000% certain she has no idea what that was or what was happening.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.