*** YESTERDAY *** (Danny Boyle Beatles Movie)

24,447 Views | 176 Replies | Last: 2 mo ago by Raptor
Definitely Not A Cop
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
TXAG 05 said:

If Yesterday, the most covered song of all time, and considered one of the greatest of all time, is "just ok" I'd love to know what songs you consider worthy.

This isn't the best song in the world, this is just a tribute.

Raptor
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
aTmAg said:

Weird... I eye rolled the whole time. Especially when he first played Yesterday in the other dimension and that girl nearly had an orgasm over it. I guess that song is okay... But not orgasmic by any stretch.

And how he met those people who remembered the Beatles, and they acted thankful like he was Jesus bringing "the word" to the masses. Give me a break. Rather then merely say, "I thought I was going insane being the only person I knew that remembered the Beatles.. now I found somebody else that remembers them too!" Then try to figure out what the heck happened. Not act like the music itself is bigger than the WTF time dimension thing that they just experienced.

"That girl" was his friend and band manager. She had heard him sing mediocre songs for years, but believed in him so deeply that she continued to fight for his "stardom". Then he gets in an accident, plays a song on his new guitar, and it's unlike anything she's ever heard him, or anyone else, sing. I think her reaction is one of the best moments of the movie.

As for the other two "fans" that remember the Beatles, they are older and obviously loved the Beatles as they were a part of their youth. They meet Jack, because he brought back their youth, and he was the only one who could sing. They don't wonder why it happened, because no one else seems to remember anything else missing from their world.

My theory is that our Earth passed through a multiverse "intersection" and that all three were involved in some sort of accident right at the time of the passing. These three ended up on an Earth that was exactly like ours, but didn't have Coke, Harry Potter, or the Beatles.
This post is for Cretaceous Level Subscribers only.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.