*** Shazam! ***

28,558 Views | 233 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by LoudestWHOOP!
AgfromHOU
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Release date is April 5th

BennyBlancoFromTheBright
AG
Looking forward to this more than 'Captain Marvel' - that superhero just seems so thin in it's originality.

Think this will be a really fun movie.
AgfromHOU
AG
I'm looking forward to it as well. My wife's due date is the following week, so hopefully I can catch it before I get super busy with parenting duties. I love Levi and think he will pull this off.
schmendeler
AG
This is the original Captain marvel anyway.
Dr. Horrible
I really want to like this movie and it seems like it will be good, but...

I just can't get over the suit... Reminds me way too much of this:
YellowPot_97
AG
This will bomb.
Big Cat `93
AG
The Big Red Cheese
YouBet
AG
Dr. Horrible said:

Ha! It does!

This movie looks terrible. Will definitely wait on reviews.
PatAg
AG
YouBet said:

Dr. Horrible said:

Ha! It does!

This movie looks terrible. Will definitely wait on reviews.
See, this movie looks like its going to be fun and not pretend to be anything more than that. Movies like that are much more likely to be good in theater than something taking itself too seriously (every other DC project)
texasaggie04
AG
That's the kind of trailer I watch and think to myself, "maybe I'll catch it on Netflix." But then I think about that, and I'm not sure any DC movies have made it there. Which is why I don't think I've seen anything after Batman vs. Superman...
GiveEmHellBill
AG
Yep, something about this just doesn't look good to me.

Zachary Levi just doesn't look right in that suit. The Hanz & Franz reference is spot on. He looks fake. Also, in that scene in the realtor's office, he's wearing too much makeup and his hair almost looks like a wig. It's all just.....distracting and takes me out of it.

I mean, it could still be funny. But all the promotion of it so far hasn't been very promising.
TCTTS
AG
Man, this looks like a lot of fun to me. And about a hundred times better than Aquaman.
amercer
AG
Previews they are showing during the game tonight look pretty terrible
Blanco Jimenez
AG
TCTTS said:

Man, this looks like a lot of fun to me. And about a hundred times better than Aquaman.

I agree. This looks like a good time.
TCTTS
AG
Funny.
The Shank Ag
I confused this threat title for a remake of the shaq movie. I was in before, but I'm much happier to be in now
Hello there
YellowPot_97 said:

This will bomb.
All the DCEU origin movies have done well. Highly doubtful it bombs.

I think it'll likely perform similarly to Ant-Man. ($180M domestic, $520M ww)

Maybe a bit below that, but not by much, imo.
Post removed:
by user
israeliag
AG
This is actually looks like it is shaping up. I was very hesitant at first - the original photos released made it look like one of those DC TV shows on the WB, but the graphics and tint seem to have been fleshed out in that last teaser to give it a proper cinematic look. Plus, like others have said, it looks fun. And Zacahry Levi surprised me in a good way on The Marvelous Ms. Maisel - his charm and size came through as a very promising audition for this role. From the trailers, he seems to be embodying the role with a level of comfort and charm similar to Mamoa as Aquaman.
TCTTS
AG
Agreed. Maisel actually got me more excited for this as well, and that latest TV spot had some genuine charm.
Hello there
Put me in that same category. Thought this looked terrible based on the first images and the first trailer did nothing for me. It's looking better with every bit of new footage and am kind of amped for it now. I think I'm more excited for this than Captain Marvel, tbh.
Madmarttigan
AG
I'm not sure the issue is that it will be bad, I just think the source material of with the hero's background can be off putting to some people causing it to bomb. It might come off too childish.

*wrong emoji
Formerly tv1113
israeliag
AG
tv1113 said:

It might come off too childish.
It's supposed to be childish, though, at least in the sense that it hues toward that like Spider-Verse.
TCTTS
AG
Hello there said:

Put me in that same category. Thought this looked terrible based on the first images and the first trailer did nothing for me. It's looking better with every bit of new footage and am kind of amped for it now. I think I'm more excited for this than Captain Marvel, tbh.
I think I'm more "excited" for the *implications* of Captain Marvel, but yeah, I think I'm actually looking forward to this - as a pure movie-going experience - more as well. Big was a favorite of mine growing up, and this obviously echoes that in so many ways, and just looks like a lot of fun. I have absolutely nothing against Captain Marvel, and I'm sure I'll enjoy it, but nothing about it so far has really moved the needle for me.
Hello there
We're 100% on the same page, including Big.

Also, I think this is gonna play really well with the really young crowd. (5-13 or so.)
jackie childs
third coast.. said:

This is the first DC movie ill likely pay to see in a long time. Really wish that was Paul Rudd though instead of knockoff Paul Rudd.
knockoff paul rudd?

jackie childs
israeliag said:

This is actually looks like it is shaping up. I was very hesitant at first - the original photos released made it look like one of those DC TV shows on the WB, but the graphics and tint seem to have been fleshed out in that last teaser to give it a proper cinematic look. Plus, like others have said, it looks fun. And Zacahry Levi surprised me in a good way on The Marvelous Ms. Maisel - his charm and size came through as a very promising audition for this role. From the trailers, he seems to be embodying the role with a level of comfort and charm similar to Mamoa as Aquaman.
i've liked Levi since his days on Chuck and, at least based on a few podcast appearances, he seems like a pretty good dude.

i'm excited about this and hope it works out for him
schmendeler
AG
Isn't Paul Rudd like Tom Cruise height?
Post removed:
by user
israeliag
AG
I've liked him, but him as Chuck versus him as Shazam seems as big of a transformation as John Krasinski as Jim Halpert vs Jack Ryan. Both cases, it's not really I didn't think it would work, but rather I didn't have any reason to think it would work.
Post removed:
by user
AtlAg05
AG
Will Shaq have a cameo ?
rhutton125
AG
Chuck
Hello there
Wasn't there a trailer coming today?
C@LAg
Sine poena nulla lex.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.