Kaaboo Texas festival

1,171 Views | 8 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by petey88
The Donger
How long do you want to ignore this user?
This is going to be good.

nai06
AG
great lineup. Thats what FPSF should look like
thenational
AG
What a joke of a lineup.. Out.
Flashdiaz
AG
so 90's nostalgia is a thing now?
petey88

jerryworld sucks for concerts, saw The Stones there
BennyBlancoFromTheBright
AG
petey88 said:

Agree. The sound reverb in a large enclosed stadium like that makes for a piss poor experience.

And that parking lot that they plan on using is going to be really comfortable in the gentle Texas summer heat and humidity!
TXAG 05
AG
I thought Jim Breuer had been dead for years
BennyBlancoFromTheBright
AG
Cstrickland05 said:

I thought Jim Breuer had been dead for years
PatAg
AG
petey88 said:

It is horrible for concerts
petey88
BennyBlancoFromTheBright said:

petey88 said:

Agree. The sound reverb in a large enclosed stadium like that makes for a piss poor experience.

And that parking lot that they plan on using is going to be really comfortable in the gentle Texas summer heat and humidity!

Worst sound of any stadium show I've seen. They had the roof open that night, I guess to help let the pyro smoke out. Actually didn't smell any weed like the old days.

I've seen The Stones in The Cotton Bowl (5 times), Oakland Alameda Stadium, Texas World Speed Way, Zilker Park, and jerryworld had the worst sound IMO. It was summer in Arlington, and for June it wasn't that hot that day, maybe 92 degrees.

Also saw The Who in The Cotton Bowl a couple of times, Texxas Jam '78 I think,....probably somebody else I can't recall right now.

Edit: Stones Cotton Bowl 5 times, not 4....it temporarily slipped my old mind that there were two shows in 1981. ZZ Top and The Fabulous Thunderbirds opened both,...1st show was Halloween, a thunderstorm drenched the crowd, and the second was the following Sunday afternoon opposite the Cowboys playing in NY. We caught the tail end of the football game at a tee shirt vendor wooden shack/stand on the top row of the end zone on a black and white TV, Cowboys won. I got the very last tee shirt for sale, has two nail holes in the tongue logo from being nailed to a sheet of plywood at the back of the shack stand.

By far, jerryworld was the worst. But the AC was on,....
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.