KAABOO Texas Lineup

2,379 Views | 27 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by AggieOO
JoCoAg09
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Tobias Funke
AG
Pretty great lineup! I would honestly consider going if it wasn't in Arlington. What a drag
PlanoAg98
AG
Jerryworld
JYDog90
AG
My favorite is the comedy team of Garfunkel and Oates.

I think it's especially funny when you see that one of the bands is Jon Anderson of Yes.
AgLaw
AG
That is the most insane mashup of artists I've ever seen.
Duncan Idaho
How are they going to handle having a festival inside of an arena?

Are there going to be stages in the parking lot or are the sets going to be 30 mins long?
DB Coach
AG
I've seen a map of this recently, and I think there are going to be 2 stage areas outside the stadium in addition to the main stage inside...assuming I remember correctly.

Also, I think I was told the reserved tickets will be in 3 tiers: $900, $3000, and $10,000.
Duncan Idaho
AgLaw said:

Clearly never been to Memphis in May.

Duncan Idaho
The idea of reserved seats at a festival is sad.
Liquid Wrench

Quote:

Also, I think I was told the reserved tickets will be in 3 tiers: $900, $3000, and $10,000.

It all depends on what kind of Lynyrd Skynyrd/Kid Rock experience you want to have.
mhayden
I like the lineup, but not $300 worth of liking it.
Gigem314
AG
AgLaw said:

I think this year's New Orleans Jazz Fest takes that honor:

Liquid Wrench
I had no idea Al Green was still alive and performing.
petey88

no way I'll go to jerryworld for that

I will go to New Orleans this year
Wicked Good Ag
Bottle Rock in Napa looks interesting as well this year
Know Your Enemy
AG
I was promised a VIP hookup for this from a friend of a friend. Hope he comes through.
DB Coach
AG
The prices I quoted had to have been from a pre- sale order or something. That or I was just I was way off on the top 2 passes. One is $4199, and the other is $20k! Wow!
nai06
AG
Is this thing still happening? I'm starting to think this is kinda like the Fyre Fest

A fairly big lineup but not a lot of publicity.
3 day ticket prices start at $199 fand go up to $20K
Private Cabanas can be purchased
Money can be loaded onto wristbands so you can go cashless at the festival
Weird mashup of Music, Comedy, Art, and Culinary experiences
Also there's going to be a pool somewhere that doesn't currently exist?
The whole think will be inside/outside of cowboys stadium

Full Lineup is out
jorgerr96
They have done plenty of other Kaaboo Fests and even a more luxurious version (similar to Fyre) that went on with great reviews ...
nai06
AG
Did anyone go? Early reports seem to indicate it was pretty sparsely attended
wangus12
AG
nai06 said:

Did anyone go? Early reports seem to indicate it was pretty sparsely attended
From the sound of the radio this afternoon, it sounds like it was very empty
jorgerr96
I went friday only for The Killers as I did not find this worthy of using PTO.

Super easy fest to get rail since there was virtually no one there.I showed up 40 mins before gates and was the 2nd at the main stage, didnt even need to run ... wish Lolla and ACL were that empty.

I only went one day, but I would not have paid $300 for it. I am glad they lowered it to $200, because that fest is not worth $300 at all. Even $100 for a day pass is steep considering how small it was compared to festivals that charge similar pricing. There were also only like 3 stages.

double aught
AG
Sounds like it's one and done then.
YouBet
AG
Had not heard of this until The Ticket discussed yesterday. The problem with this is that Jerryworld is terrible for concerts. It's actually probably fine when you are on the rail and one of about 100 people but it sucks balls as a big concert venue.
dave94
AG
YouBet said:

Had not heard of this until The Ticket discussed yesterday. The problem with this is that Jerryworld is terrible for concerts. It's actually probably fine when you are on the rail and one of about 100 people but it sucks balls as a big concert venue.

Actually, the one main stage set up inside was oriented sideways on the field level and the sound was pretty good. They had standing room on the floor and also people could sit in the 50-yardline lower and second levels. The roof was open for Sunday and all reports I'm seeing are giving decent reviews of it.

The outside stages sounded pretty good too. Overall, the festival organizers had the technical side of things on point for sure.
wangus12
AG
double aught said:

They were saying on the Ticket yesterday that there is apparently a 10 year agreement in place for this thing. Not sure if thats true or not
jorgerr96
Yeah I mean no one really wants to go to Dallas for a music festival ...

Hopefully they come back stronger next year, but I don't see this becoming a destination festival like the ones C3/LN can do.
Jasomania
AG
I went to the whole thing and attendance was very sparse. It filled up more at night but even so there was pretty visible gaps on the floor which was already not very large since the stage was on the fifty yard line facing the side. Even though they had this festival in California for a few years I was a little nervous being its first year that it would have a lot of logistical problems but it was incredibly well done. The signage and set up was great and it was easy to get in and out and around the venue. If they have it again next year I will definitely go.

Overall there was a lot less bands than a typical festival and it didn't really get started until 4:00 pm each day (it opened at 1 or 2 but the first band on the main stage wasn't until 4). But even with less bands the names were bigger so I still think I got a good value out of it.

I would not be surprised if this turns into a one and done but hope that they were able to hit whatever sales goals they were going for to have it again.
AggieOO
wangus12 said:

double aught said:

They were saying on the Ticket yesterday that there is apparently a 10 year agreement in place for this thing. Not sure if thats true or not
pretty sure they already announced they are coming back next year.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.