*** SPIDER-MAN: FAR FROM HOME ***

28,524 Views | 294 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by AquaCasaAg
texasaggie04
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Sex Panther said:

TCTTS said:

Mac94 said:

Took my daughter to the 12:10am showing last night (she has a major crush on Holland, lol). This was a really fun film, lots of humor and a really good story. IMHO, one of the best MCU stand alone films with alot of heart.

Two "end credit" scenes with the first being pretty jaw dropping to push into the next installment. Other one is just for laughs.

Because of THIS post, I skipped the second end credit scene. From everything I've read, this is so incredibly far from the truth, just FYI. BOTH end credit scenes are extremely important.

Uhhh yeah... the second one is major

Was thinking the same thing. Arguably bigger than the mid-credits scene (for the overall universe, not just Spiderman).
texasaggie04
AG
Deleted. Posted in spoiler thread instead.
Olsen
AG
Less than $30 million away from joining the $1 billion dollar movie club. This movie might be the fastest movie to reach at least $1 billion worldwide that's not Avengers, Avatar, Star Wars, or Jurassic Park.
Olsen
AG
FFH just joined the $1 billion dollar movie club before Aladdin and Toy Story 4.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Is it? Feels like Captain Marvel did is pretty fast.

In any case Lion King should shatter that record in a few days. (If it is indeed a record.)
Duncan Idaho
TCTTS said:

Mac94 said:

Took my daughter to the 12:10am showing last night (she has a major crush on Holland, lol). This was a really fun film, lots of humor and a really good story. IMHO, one of the best MCU stand alone films with alot of heart.

Two "end credit" scenes with the first being pretty jaw dropping to push into the next installment. Other one is just for laughs.

Because of THIS post, I skipped the second end credit scene. From everything I've read, this is so incredibly far from the truth, just FYI. BOTH end credit scenes are extremely important.

How bad did you have to piss that you skipped a post credit scene because of one post on this site?
Olsen
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Is it? Feels like Captain Marvel did is pretty fast.

Captain Marvel achieved it after over a month. FFH achieved it in 23 days.
TCTTS
AG
Was just coming to post this. So good.
wangus12
AG
Ugh can I just sit down with the exec's from Sony and Marvel and slap them in the face for trying to ruin the best version of Spider-Man we've had
maca1028
Just watched it. I liked it but thought the first one was better. I'm not up to speed with all the Marvel/Sony stuff. Is Sony going to keep the Spider-Man franchise?
rhutton125
AG
Sony keeps Spider-Man and Tom Holland, and unless they work out another deal with Disney, the MCU can't use him anymore.

So a purely-Sony Spider-Man sequel would continue on without any MCU references, and could now include Venom, and the MCU would continue on without any Spider-Man references.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
I'll just say it.

If you remove the MCU, THIS Spider-Man series instantly fails.
maca1028
That sucks and I agree, no way that Sony can compete without MCU. Venom was very average and could've been much better in MCU.
GiveEmHellBill
AG
Not to mention Sony's bizarre decision to base the Venom movie in San Fransisco, which means they'd have to find some reason for Eddie Brock to travel all the way to Brooklyn for a crossover movie.
AquaCasaAg
AG
AquaCasaAg said:

I think it will fall somewhere between Homecoming (adjusted to $900MM) and Iron Man 3 (adjusted to $1.3B).

Where it falls will depend on reception. Maybe I am underestimating Spider-man fever post Endgame.

Looked today and it is sitting at $1.1B. It did really well but didn't blow the doors off. And no, this isn't me patting my own back when I gave a casual $400M range for it to land in.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.