Christopher McQuarrie set for back-to-back MISSION: IMPOSSIBLE sequels

45,684 Views | 496 Replies | Last: 9 mo ago by TCTTS
TCTTS
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I mean, "projections" literally means "expectations." Industry experts projected $90M because they expected the Top Gun effect. No one is talking about what the fans were expecting.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Eh, I still don't agree with that tweet. Just because it barely sets the franchise record (unadjusted) for the 5-day opening doesn't make it a "huge victory". That sounds like corporate spin.

I think based on the upwards trajectory of the franchise, plus Cruise's popularity, the projections were completely reasonable.
JP_Losman
AG
Mid July is never the sweet spot. Should have rolled out Memorial Day
TCTTS
AG
They should have saved it for December, since this going to be the worst Christmas movie-going season in years. Especially since I seriously doubt Dead Rocking Part Two makes its date next summer now.
nosoupforyou
AG
What re MI-8 date??!! Would hate for it to slip..
TCTTS
AG
Currently scheduled for June 28, 2024. And according to Christopher McQuarrie, only 40% of the movie had been filmed prior the DR1 press tour, which already feels behind schedule, seeing as most big summer blockbusters for next year would typically be done filming by now. Add in the strike, which will keep them from filming for another couple months at least, and I just don't see how they have DR2 ready by next June.
TCTTS
AG

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.