BROOKLYN NINE NINE

7,646 Views | 53 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Luke Smith
West Point Aggie
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
FightinTexasAg15 said:

Anyone else glad Gina is gone now? Weakest cast member in my opinion

So is she gone for good?
Let’s Go Brandon!
bearamedic99
AG
Supposedly she'll make appearances here and there.

Anyone else feel that last night's episode about sexual harassment was too preachy? I get it that sometimes, great comedies have to deal with serious stuff here and there but it was such a buzzkill.
heddleston
AG
It wouldve been okay , but i felt like the Disco Strangler sideplot didn't quite hit the right note for me and that detracted from the episode as a whole. I chuckled at it, but it was so predictable and no real laugh out loud moments.
PatAg
AG
bearamedic99 said:

Anyone else feel that last night's episode about sexual harassment was too preachy? I get it that sometimes, great comedies have to deal with serious stuff here and there but it was such a buzzkill.
anytime you start to feel like something is being to preachy, stop and think to yourself "am I the target audience being preached to?'
If you aren't then it shouldn't bother you. If you feel like you are, then it's probably because some aspect of what you are watching rings true in your life. I am with you, that I prefer the show being it's goofy stuff the majority of the time, but I don't mind the occasional preach session.
Luke Smith
PatAg said:

bearamedic99 said:

anytime you start to feel like something is being to preachy, stop and think to yourself "am I the target audience being preached to?'
If you aren't then it shouldn't bother you. If you feel like you are, then it's probably because some aspect of what you are watching rings true in your life. I am with you, that I prefer the show being it's goofy stuff the majority of the time, but I don't mind the occasional preach session.
I don't feel like I was being preached at, but I did feel like I wasted 30 minutes after watching this episode. If a show wants to make an episode with a deep message that's fine but I didn't enjoy this episode because it didn't feel like B99. My wife stopped watching halfway through once she realized what kind of episode it was going to be. I agree with the poster above, if the episode would have had a better/funnier side plot I wouldn't have a problem with the inclusion of it. The episode with the racist cop had a funny side story and I liked that episode. It's fine to use your show to make statements, but it needs a balance
PatAg
AG
I do think this is also a way for them to potentially introduce more about her old precinct, I think it was the six four. She said she transferred immediately after that.
GiveEmHellBill
AG
bearamedic99 said:

Anyone else feel that last night's episode about sexual harassment was too preachy?
Not really, no.
Yoda
AG
"Not to brag, but at typing camp everyone called me the finger queen."

FightinTexasAg15
AG
https://wtop.com/tv/2019/07/beloved-corgi-who-played-cheddar-on-brooklyn-nine-nine-has-died/

Quote:

Stewart's owner announced Tuesday on Instagram that the canine thespian died on a California beach after a final meal of In-N-Out burgers.

Cheddar was no common *****
Ragoo
Ragoo
AG
Can't you tell? I'm devastated.
aggieactor01
AG
atm0812
AG
GiveEmHellBill
AG

Everyone relax: Boyle's got the little guy.
Luke Smith
I can't help but think he'd still be alive if he had been eating Whataburger instead of In N Out.

Jokes aside, it said his sister will take over the role
Duncan Idaho
Luke Smith said:

I can't help but think he'd still be alive if he had been eating Whataburger instead of In N Out.

Figures. Another win for that transgender crowd.

GiveEmHellBill
AG
Luke Smith said:

Never has this gif been more appropriate.....
atm0812
AG
Luke Smith said:

Gigem314
AG
FINALLY got into this show recently and absolutely love it. Completely hooked.
Luke Smith
Come on man, read the room
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.