You - Netflix

17,804 Views | 146 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by gigemJTH12
Dr. Horrible
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Was looking to see if anyone started a thread on this but didn't see one through search...

Mrs. Horrible and I just watched this yesterday and binged the entire thing in one day (it's nice being off work!). Really enjoyed it more than we thought we would. Could see a lot of the twists coming, but they still made it play out well. It was fun to watch a show where the line between good guy and bad guy is so fuzzy and your emotions feel for most of the characters in different ways at different times. Don't want to give too much away if people haven't watched this yet, but can go deeper with sp tags if anyone wants to talk about it more. I'm excited to see where they take a season 2 this year.

Anyone else watch this?
nai06
AG
We watched it a few days ago. Honestly I really enjoyed it. I did not see the ending coming and Im looking forward to the second season. I also really liked his coworker at the bookstore. That character was great. The entire MFA program scenes made me roll my eyes only because its pretty accurate to level of pretentiousness you see in some real life MFA programs.
zgood10
AG
Watched it, liked it
tehmackdaddy
AG
What's the genre and who is the intended audience?
Fleen
We started this when it was on lifetime network, still sitting on our DVR.... Need to revisit it...
tehmackdaddy
AG
Quote:

Mrs. Horrible and I just watched this yesterday...

...We watched it a few days ago...

...We started this when it was on lifetime network...

nm
20ag07
This show was straight trash. The first episode or 2 was an intriguing premise, but it's quickly off the rails after that, and only escalated from there. Nothing wrong with being entertained by guilty pleasure trash, but this show is nothing more than that.

The Lifetime network bought this show, contracted for a season 2 before the first season ever premiered, then dumped the whole trash thing to Netflix (where the 2nd season will masquerade as a Netflix original) to recoup their contractual losses when it bombed on their network. But on every level, this is still a series made for the Lifetime audience.
Dr. Horrible
Weird. Had no clue it was a lifetime thing. Thought it was Netflix the whole way...
k20dub
AG
Wife and I watched this over the last week. Absolutely loved it. Had you rooting for the main character even though he had some...flaws. Also helped that a couple of the girls were smoking hot. Have a lot of friends watching it right now too.
Dr. Horrible
tehmackdaddy said:

What's the genre and who is the intended audience?
Drama/horrorish? Psychological thriller? Something like that. Intended audience would be genX/millennial adults that would be interested in the scary sides of dating and relationships?

FWIW, looked up on RT and it got 89% critic and 86% audience, so not sure about why it didn't work the first time it aired, probably a lack of awareness (would have been my problem, I've rarely watched anything on lifetime).
Funky Winkerbean
AG
I tried 2 episodes and realized I liked it better when it was called Dexter.
It is so easy to be wrong—and to persist in being wrong—when the costs of being wrong are paid by others.
Thomas Sowell
MookieBlaylock
AG
Who the f is Mrs horrible?

stopped reading there

Fleen
Troutslime said:

I tried 2 episodes and realized I liked it better when it was called Dexter.

We have only watched the first two as mentioned before but made the same comment.
I bet the RT ratings came from people who watched it on Netflix, not knowing it originated as a Lifetime series.
Netflix = "edgy, psychological thriller"
Lifetime = "stupid, Hallmark Movie B-side, chick crap"
Dr. Horrible
FWIW, the latter is what I thought it was going to be anyways when the wife wanted to start watching it, and I was going to humor her for an episode or two...

Also, never saw Dexter so didn't have that bias going in.
The Milkman
AG
We started it today and really enjoying it so far three episodes in. Also had no idea it was on TV beforehand.
Fleen
Dr. Horrible said:

FWIW, the latter is what I thought it was going to be anyways when the wife wanted to start watching it, and I was going to humor her for an episode or two...

Also, never saw Dexter so didn't have that bias going in.

Same here, we thought it was worth a look just for the guilty pleasure aspect...
swimmerbabe11
So the main character was the main creep in Gossip Girl too. Apparently his thing is to be an obsessive creepy stalker dude.
BEaggie08
AG
MookieBlaylock said:

Who the f is Mrs horrible?

stopped reading there

Are you slow? His TexAgs username is Dr Horrible.
BEaggie08
AG
swimmerbabe11 said:

So the main character was the main creep in Gossip Girl too. Apparently his thing is to be an obsessive creepy stalker dude.
He was Woodchuck Todd.
The Milkman
AG

The correct answer
Tobias Funke
AG
This show was not very good. Predictable, subpar acting and writing, and the blatant Dexter ripoffs made me dislike it even more.

I watched the entire thing so, so I don't know what that says about me
swimmerbabe11
Wierd, I didn't Dexter so much as "Oh this is what happened when the guy from Gossip Girl grew up into a real psychopath"
MookieBlaylock
AG
It had a better ending than Dexter which has literally ruined the show
So yeah it is better than dexter
20ag07
https://www.theringer.com/platform/amp/tv/2019/1/11/18177643/you-netflix-effect?__twitter_impression=true
gigemJTH12
AG
I just finished it. I liked it. Paco was awesome.
Flashdiaz
AG
I don't watch lifetime, do they usually
have male masturbation scenes, female masturbation scenes, both masturbation scenes, muff diving
or was that afterwards to give it an edge on the Netfilx version?
Boo Weekley
Flashdiaz said:

I don't watch lifetime, do they usually
have male masturbation scenes, female masturbation scenes, both masturbation scenes, muff diving
or was that afterwards to give it an edge on the Netfilx version?

Yep...no way Lifetime shows that type of stuff right? If so, my mom's got some splainin' to do.
Gil Renard
AG
Good show
HawthornAggie
AG
Watched it. Enjoyed it. Agree with previous posters in that I found myself rooting for the psychopath. Will watch season 2.
10andBOUNCE
AG
Didn't make it thru the first episode. Obviously am in the minority. Not a fan of stuff being overly sexualized to the point of being obnoxious.
Scotty Flamingo
On ep. 4. Like it so far
The Collective
AG
2 episodes in, and it's alright; definitely guilty pleasure type of show.
gigemJTH12
AG
10andBOUNCE said:

Didn't make it thru the first episode. Obviously am in the minority. Not a fan of stuff being overly sexualized to the point of being obnoxious.
what was so overly sexualized in the first episode?
10andBOUNCE
AG
In a 5 min span you got this girl getting banged by some loser; she doesn't finish so she then masturbates with a pillow while guy stands on sidewalk giving himself a handjob watching her

No thanks
gigemJTH12
AG
it kinda sets up the whole show though.

dont be such a prude.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.