The Rolling Stones - North American Tour 2019

3,252 Views | 35 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Big Al 1992
aggiedata
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I figured if Iron Maiden got a post, the Stones should too .

Some tour dates announced today

Houston - Sunday April 28 at NRG

I always regretted not seeing them in 1981. So when they toured on the Steel Wheels tour in 1989, I saw them in LA (Guns and Roses and In Living Colour opened). I thought that was going to be it. I saw them again in 2002 when they were the first concert ever at NRG (Reliant). So now they are back and I'll go again thinking this is it.

They put on a good show. Very memorable and epic. I like them more now than I did in 1981.

TXAG 05
AG
Will be hitting the Houston show, unless the tickets are just rediculous.
aggiedata
AG
I tend to keep my ticket stubs in a box. Probably started back in the 80's when you kept your ticket stubs in your wallet to show it off at school.

I just looked and I paid $98 to sit on the lower level, 100 yards away from the stage in 2002.
Aust Ag
AG
Cstrickland05 said:

Will be hitting the Houston show, unless the tickets are just rediculous.
They will be.
JJWAGGIE
AG
I paid a small fortune for good seats a few years ago at Cowboy's Stadium... worth every penny. GREAT show.
NoahAg
Man, wish I would have seen them back in HS when they were "young" (late 90s, lol). Who knew they'd still be hanging on 20 years later?
TXAG 05
AG
Got a pair of tickets this morning for the Houston show. Prices weren't as bad as I expected.
aggiedata
AG
Same. Section 508. 50 yard line!
aggiedata
AG
Well gosh

Big Al 1992
AG
Out of all the members, Mick was my second least likely choice to be the reason tour was postponed.
Ron then Charlie would've been top 2 choices.
Of course you can't harm Keith.
SchnauzerMom
Super bummed since I have tickets for the Houston show, but really hopeful the statement issued isn't lying and they are able to hold the tour!
snowdog90
Wow. I saw them 20 years ago in the astrodome and they were awful. I hope for all that spend the money that they're better now.
Aust Ag
AG
Curious comment, going back to see a band you thought was "awful". And likely spending hundreds to do it.
aggiedata
AG
I don't think snowdog90 is going this time. He hopes for all that did spend the money they are better.

I just have to say no band has ever sounded good in the Astrodome. Last time the Stones played there was 1994 in the Voodoo Lounge tour.
Philo B 93
In the History of Rock & Roll, the first five, and arguably top five "gods" are: Elvis, Beatles, Rolling Stones, Led Zeppelin and The Who.

There's only one of those groups with the key figures still together and alive and touring. This is our last chance to see a band from the dawn of the genre. That is my main interest in this tour. It's almost academic.

There are plenty of rock gods who came later. Queen, AC/DC, U2, Aerosmith, Van Halen, Guns n Roses, etc .... but those guys were all heavily influenced by the first five above.

There's also guys like Buddy Holly and Chuck Berry who were there in the beginning, but either their time was too short or catalog to shallow to be in the same conversation with bands like the ones mentioned above.
aggiedata
AG
I said the same thing in 1989 when I saw first saw them in LA. "This may be my last chance to see them." At some point, I will be right or they will out live me.
citizenkane06
AG
Hendrix has to go in that list, as well, although he doesn't quite meet the "alive and touring" criteria!
Aust Ag
AG
aggiedata said:

I don't think snowdog90 is going this time. He hopes for all that did spend the money they are better.

I just have to say no band has ever sounded good in the Astrodome. Last time the Stones played there was 1994 in the Voodoo Lounge tour.
OK, gotcha. Had to read snowdog's comment about 3 more times to understand. I saw them at Zilker like 10 years ago and they were great, but that was a fantastic environment. I wouldnt see them or anybody else ever again in a stadium.
snowdog90
aggiedata said:

Correct. I'm not going. Also correct, astrodome was horrible sonically, and that was probably the main problem. I've seen Rush maybe 8 times. Once early 90's on the floor in the Summit, it was not good at all. The show just sounded like a bunch of noise, much like the Stones. And I've seen Rush in the Summit when the sound was good.

I imagine seeing the Stones NOT in the astrodome would have made a big difference.
aggiedata
AG
https://www.thesun.co.uk/tvandshowbiz/8767672/mick-jagger-heart-valve-replacement-surgery/

Heart Valve replacement for Mick this week in NY.
Big Al 1992
AG
I believe it was Bridges to Babylon in 98 or 99. It was at The Summit - pre Lakewood. It was amazing! Got to high five Keith. But something about seeing Mick's 100 foot shadow on the roof of the Astrodome during Steel Wheels tour in 88-89 as the drums for Sympathy started that I'll never forget.
Big Al 1992
AG
And this could be a wake up call for a lot of fans that said they saw them recently and why bother or who wants to see a bunch of 70 something trying to rock - this really could be "the last time, may be the last time..."
Philo B 93
What will happen to ticket prices now that we are almost positive this is the last tour? (At least I am.)
hurleyag
AG
I'm just hoping they actually reschedule.
aggiedata
AG
hurleyag said:

I'm just hoping they actually reschedule.

Article states Mick should be fine by summer.
Aust Ag
AG
He's having heart valve replacement...scarier than it actually is. He'll be back at it in no time, hopefully.
snowdog90
Big Al 1992 said:

I believe it was Bridges to Babylon in 98 or 99. It was at The Summit - pre Lakewood. It was amazing! Got to high five Keith. But something about seeing Mick's 100 foot shadow on the roof of the Astrodome during Steel Wheels tour in 88-89 as the drums for Sympathy started that I'll never forget.

I saw them mid to late 90's. Not sure what tour, but openers were Ian Moore and Bryan Adams.
snowdog90
snowdog90 said:

Big Al 1992 said:

I saw them mid to late 90's. Not sure what tour, but openers were Ian Moore and Bryan Adams.

November 94. I thought it was years after this, but...

Voodoo Lounge tour.

Edit:
And I see aggiedata already clarified this.
jorgerr96
I literally bought a PIT ticket last Tuesday lol
Redstone
AG
Voodoo Lounge, tour was late summer 94 to late summer 95
aggiedata
AG
Step 1: successful surgery
hurleyag
AG
Houston show rescheduled for July 27th!
jorgerr96
Stoked. Seeing Beck/Cage the night before in Austin then seeing the Stones from the pit in Houston
aggiedata
AG
hurleyag said:

Houston show rescheduled for July 27th!
and it's a Saturday!!
aggiedata
AG
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.