What other band would you like to see as the subject of a biopic?

10,617 Views | 139 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Know Your Enemy
bearamedic99
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Nirvana?

Kris Kristofferson or Willie?

Tupac?

Buddy Holly?
YouBet
AG
Creed.
Swarely
The Wiggles
MookieBlaylock
AG
The Beatles
SockDePot
Cross Canadian Ragweed
Sex Panther
AG
Pink Floyd

Hendrix

Fleetwood Mac
**** THE RANGERS

**** GARCIA

ALTUVE IS GOD
Yoda
AG
SP, I've never seen it, but they did do a Hendrix movie about 5 years ago.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt2402085/
Liquid Wrench
The Misfits
Sex Panther
AG
Holy crap... either I completely missed that when it came out, or my memory just sucks (which is a strong possibility).

I remember them talking about making that movie for years with Andre 3000 to star, but I have no recollection of it actually being made and released. I'm guessing it's not that great unfortunately. I'll have to seek it out.

Also, I'm sure a Zeppelin and Stones movie would be great. But Floyd and Fleetwood Mac would be really fascinating given all the internal issues both bands had. A Pink Floyd movie directed by Danny Boyle sounds like an awesome combination.
**** THE RANGERS

**** GARCIA

ALTUVE IS GOD
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Zeppelin
Philo B 93
Buddy Holly was pretty well covered by the Gary Busey movie in '78, but he is a great suggestion. Huge influence, pioneering days of rock, and a definitive beginning and end, sadly.
Sex Panther
AG
The Busey version is really good
**** THE RANGERS

**** GARCIA

ALTUVE IS GOD
62strat
AG
Metallica, from the beginning to about 88 would be cool.

You've got the mustaine story, the burton story, the newstead story (and all the others that auditioned, like claypool), the mcgovney story, Lloyd grant, Hammett coming in. They were all teenagers when they started.

Ulrich and Hetfield were a force to be reckoned with and destined to be who they are today.

KidDoc
AG
Iron Maiden
Guns and Roses
Motley Crue
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
PooDoo
AG
Van Halen
Bruce Almighty
AG
Sex Panther said:

Holy crap... either I completely missed that when it came out, or my memory just sucks (which is a strong possibility).

I remember them talking about making that movie for years with Andre 3000 to star, but I have no recollection of it actually being made and released. I'm guessing it's not that great unfortunately. I'll have to seek it out.

You aren't missing much as is sucked. It wasn't even the first Jimi movie. The actor that plays Avon Barksdale in the Wire also did a Hendrix movie. It was better IMO, but still not great.
superunknown
AG
YouBet said:

Creed.

Only if Tommy Wiseau does it.
Swarely
62strat said:

You've got the mustaine story, the burton story, the newstead story (and all the others that auditioned, like claypool), the mcgovney story, Lloyd grant, Hammett coming in. They were all teenagers when they started.

Ulrich and Hetfield were a force to be reckoned with and destined to be who they are today.

You just made me realize I know nothing about Metallica even though I love their music.
Funky Winkerbean
AG
Stevie Ray Vaughn
It is so easy to be wrong—and to persist in being wrong—when the costs of being wrong are paid by others.
Thomas Sowell
Funky Winkerbean
AG
Eric Clapton
It is so easy to be wrong—and to persist in being wrong—when the costs of being wrong are paid by others.
Thomas Sowell
CrottyKid
AG
The Gaithers
Quad Dog
AG
I read somewhere once that someone suggested a movie about Fleetwood Mac making Rumours. All the relationships and cheating that influenced the songs.
62strat
AG
Swarely said:

62strat said:

You just made me realize I know nothing about Metallica even though I love their music.
A lot was going on in their early days.. again, just teenagers.

I certainly would hope you know about Burton, and know who Newsted is.

But unless you really got into them and their history, most people don't know lloyd grant or ron mcgovney, and even a casual listener might not know mustaine was in the group early on.

There is so much other stuff going on in the first 8 years.. hetfield breaking his wrist twice, requiring a fill in guitar player and canceling an early on SNL performance, the move from LA to SF demanded by Burton, hetfield getting burned by the pyro in early 90s and the whole GnR tour, Metallica opening at monsters of rock and blowing away all the headliners.

A lot of that has been covered in other random docs or shows, but an all in over their first 8 years would be great. Black album was covered in detail in year and half, and some kind of monster covered that point in their career, though I wouldn't complain about a full career biopic.. 2 hours just might not be long enough.
TMoney2007
AG
Quad Dog said:

I read somewhere once that someone suggested a movie about Fleetwood Mac making Rumours. All the relationships and cheating that influenced the songs.
Soundtrack by Taylor Swift.
AgPediRPh
AG
Pink Floyd. Whoever gets to play Syd Barrett would automatically get an Oscar nom.
Big Cat `93
AG
Whatever happened to the movie with Jason Schwartzman playing Keith Moon?
AgShaun00
AG
not a big fan, but ozzie would be great entertainment
captkirk
AG
Sex Panther said:

The Busey version is really good
Agreed. Busey nails it
BurnetAggie99
NoahAg
Primus
62strat
AG
AgShaun00 said:

not a big fan, but ozzie would be great entertainment
This is about musicians, not mid century sitcom stars.
halibut sinclair
Badfinger
Bruce Almighty
AG
Bob Marley
Whos Juan
AG
Prince or AC/DC
Swarely
Burton got crushed by the bus right? I was born in 85. The first cd I owned by them was Reload and I'm shocked my parents let me have that one.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.