General Mills Cereal Monsters Cinematic Universe

1,624 Views | 11 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by Definitely Not A Cop
Render
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
https://www.slashfilm.com/general-mills-cereal-monsters-cinematic-universe/

Quote:

"Work With the Monsters" is not a fan contest with a prize. General Mills is turning to Hollywood "calling all filmmakers, actors, agents, writers, producers, animators, tastemakers, dealmakers, movers and shakers" looking for creative partners with creative ways to help bring their iconic mascots to life across any and all mediums.

"We want to work with you to bring great stories to life. From mythical fables to magical journeys. Fairy tales to folk tales. Cliffhangers to nail-biters. Heroic sagas to cosmic battles. Binge-worthy dramas to historical epics. Blockbusters to indies. Serials to sequels."

Jokes are now real.
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
I hear the Coconut Crunch-o's movie is going to win the Oscar this year.

Language warning.
Render
AG
That'll fall under their "binge worthy drama" banner.

I hear their upcoming action movie is a battle royale called The Bowl. Characters have to fight to the death in a bowl shaped arena. In the end they'll all die, because as Rogue One taught us, when that happens it means the movie is adult and mature.
Belton Ag
AG
That Dracula movie with Keanu Reeves would have been waaay better if it had been about Count Chocula instead.
Iowaggie
AG
When Fruit Brute starts returning as a monsterly tasty cereal, then I'll buy back in.

He's been ignored far too long.

https://instagr.am/p/BpmvPdinagg
Flashdiaz
AG
I want to know who booberry was before he was a ghost
Render
AG
Dracula Untold? How about Chocula Untold?!
Render
AG
Flashdiaz said:

I want to know who booberry was before he was a ghost

Brilliant. But why stop at the backstories of the GM logos? This concept could be expanded to encompass all breakfast mascots, and use them as a vehicle for discussing contemporary issues. For example, how about an openly gay Toucan Sam?

The decision to make Toucan Sam openly gay will create massive controversy and a s***storm of angry tweets. People will demand boycotts of the film for "ruining our childhoods with political correctness". Online """feminists""" will rush to the film's defense because no film has ever had an openly gay strong female character before and little girls need role models.

It will receive mediocre reviews but be a smash hit in China due to absurd CGI spectacle and blatant pandering to Chinese nationalism, thus guaranteeing it's continued success.
spanky
AG
Pretty sure the Corn Flakes rooster "Cornelius" is named after Cornelius Vanderbilt and is part of the anti-masturbation movement lead by John Harvey Kellogg. Maybe that could be a prequel to Idiocracy or something.
AliasMan02
AG
This is your legacy, Mary Shelley. I bet it feels great.
The Milkman
AG
ramblin_ag02
AG
Quote:

Binge-worthy dramas to historical epics.
They know how drama works right? Are they really okay with everyone making their characters dramatic? We could end up with Frankenberry struggling with drug addiction, Boo Berry suffering PTSD from his violent death, and Count Chocula trying to hide and overcome his nascent pedophilia. This is Hollywood after all
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
ramblin_ag02 said:

Quote:

Binge-worthy dramas to historical epics.
They know how drama works right? Are they really okay with everyone making their characters dramatic? We could end up with Frankenberry struggling with drug addiction, Boo Berry suffering PTSD from his violent death, and Count Chocula trying to hide and overcome his nascent pedophilia. This is Hollywood after all

If they make a movie about Count Chocula trying to hide and overcome his nascent pedophilia, I will Be first in line. That is too ridiculous of a plotline to pass up.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.