Is "Overlord" any good?

2,343 Views | 17 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by pilgrim82
Mr. White
How long do you want to ignore this user?
see above...
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
I liked it. The opening scene was pretty incredible.
abram97
AG
no. Didn't really like it at all. Weird that it is so high on rotten.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Cliff Booth
AG
First scene was good. The rest was ok at best.
HeadGames
AG
abram97 said:

no. Didn't really like it at all. Weird that it is so high on rotten.

This. It is super meh. Slow developing and a ton of missed opportunities.
Urban Ag
AG
I had no idea there were African American paratroopers participating in Operation Overlord which is shocking considering I have been a student of said topic since I was a little boy.
abram97
AG
Urban Ag said:

I had no idea there were African American paratroopers participating in Operation Overlord which is shocking considering I have been a student of said topic since I was a little boy.
Right? Nobody cares about accuracy, though - clearly. What do you think about Band of Brothers/The Pacific on HBO?
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
AliasMan02
AG
I thought it was fun. An interesting spin on a lot of ww2 tropes. Some of the camera work was really great.. there is a continuous, single take running action shot that must have been over a minute long that was really impressive.
pilgrim82
AG
Urban Ag said:

This. I mentioned this fact to a friend and that things like this ruined movies for me. He said "what's the difference?" I have been seriously reconsidering our friendship ever since....
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
This conversation is tongue-in-cheek, right? Cause pretty sure there weren't zombies either.
Sex Panther
AG
I thought it was just ok. Worth seeing but not a must see in theaters. Kinda surprised its scores are so high. Agree with HeadGames. Just seemed like a bunch of missed opportunities. Should've been a lot more fun.

For a movie about Nazi Zombies, I didn't think there were near enough Nazi Zombies... They could've had so much fun with a bunch of crazy **** in the church/lab, but there just wasn't nearly as much of that as I thought there would be.
**** THE RANGERS

**** GARCIA

ALTUVE IS GOD
Mr. White
I actually liked it. The makers have definitely seen Band of Brothers and played the original Medal of Honor on PS1.

I thought the sound was great.

Cpl. Ford is Kurt Russell & Goldie Hawn's son.
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

This conversation is tongue-in-cheek, right? Cause pretty sure there weren't zombies either.

Urban Ag
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

holy sh** Spilner that's exactly what my wife said (our kid is trying to get us to let him see it this weekend).
Urban Ag
AG
abram97 said:

Urban Ag said:

Right? Nobody cares about accuracy, though - clearly. What do you think about Band of Brothers/The Pacific on HBO?
serious response

Band of Brothers was my Sunday night emotional beating for the 10 weeks in a row that originally aired. I have the box set and never opened it up. I love it but I won't watch it again because it got me way too deep in the feels.

The Pacific was very good IMO. When the Captain died and they carried his body down the mountain, damn, that was one of the most emotional scenes I think I have ever seen in film/tv. As a WWII history nerd, I think the two series do a fantastic job of illustrating the major difference in the two different campaigns.
schmendeler
AG
As long as the zombies are white it's ok.
CrawlingNo5
AG
I had no idea it was a zombie movie. Just saw that it was a war movie. F'in hated it, tried to walk out but the wife wanted to stay.

But with that said, it was my own fault for not doing more than 5 seconds of research on it.
abram97
AG
What did you think of Lt. Speirs?

Awesome lines and actions in a few episodes...
pilgrim82
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Have you been reading some of the comments in the "Walking Dead" threads for the past 9 years? I'm totally serious...I may suspend belief for zombies, but I insist on accuracy in all things historical...
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.