The Grinch 2018

4,018 Views | 34 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by NoahAg
Post removed:
by user
dreyOO
How long do you want to ignore this user?
It sucked so bad.
Teacher_Ag
AG
2 and 5 years old girls were entertained and that's all I cared about.

Grinch song by Tyler the Creator was worth the ticket price by itself.
Post removed:
by user
Philip J Fry
AG
Better than the Jim Carrey version. Wished the grinch was more evil though. Became a sympathetic character too early in the movie.
Post removed:
by user
Teacher_Ag
AG
Were you expecting him to murder someone or something? He hated Christmas and was in the process of committing hundreds of burglaries before *the twist*. I thought this Grinch was more reflective of actual grinches in our society who arent outwardly that evil but are emo, self-important ******s who cant stand to see others happy.
Post removed:
by user
BMX Bandit
third coast.. said:

He just didn't seem nearly as angry and miserable as the original to me, and my wife felt the same way. She actually brought up her dislike before I did
so you wanted someone you could personally relate to more?
FTACO97
AG
Philip J Fry said:

Better than the Jim Carrey version. Wished the grinch was more evil though. Became a sympathetic character too early in the movie.
That's blasphemy...
Brock Sampson
AG
BMX Bandit said:

third coast.. said:

He just didn't seem nearly as angry and miserable as the original to me, and my wife felt the same way. She actually brought up her dislike before I did
so you wanted someone you could personally relate to more?

Boom roasted
jkag89
FTACO97 said:

Philip J Fry said:

That's blasphemy...
Carrey version was brutally bad. You actually rooted for the Grinch in that version because Whoville was such an awful place. No wonder a twisted being like the Grinch came from there.
PatAg
AG
FTACO97 said:

Philip J Fry said:

That's blasphemy...
There is only one Grinch movie, and it's the original animated. Jim Carrey version is an abomination
Swarely
Always_Right
AG
Going to see it this week with my parents while I'm home for Thanksgiving. I'm not expecting to be blown away by the movie but its an opportunity to spend time with family enjoying a Christmas movie.
CrottyKid
AG
Go on...
jokershady
AG
Sounds like most of y'all will enjoy this....

YouBet
AG
It makes zero sense that this was remade.
Sex Panther
AG
YouBet said:

It makes zero sense that this was remade.

Its made 151 million worldwide in two weeks
**** THE RANGERS

**** GARCIA

ALTUVE IS GOD
Post removed:
by user
Sex Panther
AG
I have no desire to see it, and I don't doubt that it's not very good... Just saying, the reason is pretty obvious why it was made and smart. It was going to make money.
**** THE RANGERS

**** GARCIA

ALTUVE IS GOD
Post removed:
by user
bcasey03
AG
Surprised by all the responses. Took my son qnd enjoyed it.
Always_Right
AG
I always take review's of movies with a grain of salt, if you want to see it, see it.....simple as that.
Always_Right
AG
Just saw it today and really enjoyed it, its a different take on the story and some new characters. All in all a great Christmas movie.
Post removed:
by user
The Anchor
AG
We enjoyed it.
Raptor
AG
third coast.. said:

i will admit going to see this movie has caused my daughter to love the grinch in spirit as much as my wife. i dont get to spend too many christmases at home and it is my wifes favorite hiliday and she loves everything about it. the grinch has brought my family closer together and i love it for that.

Did you just become the Grinch of your own thread?
This post is for Cretaceous Level Subscribers only.

Gigem314
AG
PatAg said:

FTACO97 said:

Philip J Fry said:

That's blasphemy...
There is only one Grinch movie, and it's the original animated. Jim Carrey version is an abomination
Macarthur
I remember reading somewhere that Dr. Seuss' wife did not like the Jim Carrey version. I think she did like how dark it felt.
10andBOUNCE
AG
We all liked it fine including my 4yo son. Expectations were low going in - not sure what everyone is so hot and bothered for.
MooreTrucker
AG
Swarely said:

Now THAT one might be worth a look...
Claude!
This thread turned out to be a mean one.
FTACO97
AG
Macarthur said:

I remember reading somewhere that Dr. Seuss' wife did not like the Jim Carrey version. I think she did like how dark it felt.
Ha....and yet several in this thread seem to think the new Grinch and Jim Carrey's aren't dark enough. We're arguing over how evil a Dr Seuss character is.....
Post removed:
by user
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.